Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our new addition...

Hello again!
    Thanks for the kind wishes and thoughts. We're quite taken with Pickles too!
    The RSPCA doesn't think that the broken tail and jaw were done on purpose- most likely a bad cat/car interaction. I hope that is the case because the thought of someone deliberatly hurting Pickles is just awful.
    He has healed up nicely, though his fur is still quite short from where it was shaved to have surgery.
    He slept on the sofa last night, though I could hear the other cats 'introducing' themselves to Pickles throughout the night!
    Louise

Welcome to your new addition. Pickles is a handsome boy. I hate to think that someone could do such damage, I hope it's not the case. But, I'm sure he'll love staying with you!

Another update.
    Pickles had a lovely cuddle with me this afternoon, he sat on my lap and purred and purred. He is making himself at home now, and is exploring his new home.
    He hasn't eaten much today, which I think is due to the excitement. He also hasn't slept much.... I think it is going to hit him soon and he will just pass out from lack of sleep!
    The other cats are still avoiding him, and poor Odin is a bit upset as he is used to being the centre of my hubby's attention.
    Louise

Hi you adorabley handsome Pickles! I'm so sorry to hear about your sad start in life but you are about to finally experience the good side. You certainly deserve it sweety.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for giving this sweet boy a chance for a wonderful life. I'm sure you will have him purring in no time!

Welcome Pickles

Just wanted to let everyone know how little Pickles is doing.
    He has settled in SO well, much better than we had hoped, given his background of being mistreated.
    He is a total lap cat, which has caused a few fights with Odin, the resident lap cat.
    As well, Pickles seems to have a 'crush' on our cat Freya. They spend all their time together, and like to cuddle up to each other.
    We are so thrilled with Pickles and I am glad that he is going to be with us forever!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pickles1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	27814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pickles and Frey.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	27815  

Well lucky Pickles.... you found a furever home..... and a new sweetie!

I love your pictures, especially the one showing how you have taken control of the remote! Keep having fun and enjoy your new home!

what a doll !
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Pickles is quite a handsome li'l guy. My sister's cat, Sid has the same markings on his face. And it's quite promising the way he's letting you brush him like that.
    It's curious what happened to the poor thing, but what's important is that he's in a good home now.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Lucky Pickles! Thanks for the pix.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Pickles is beautiful and a love of a cat.Lucky Pickles

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Welcome sweet Pickles! You are definitely in the right place! Don't worry, you will have a wonderful, safe, comfortable, pampered, and privileged life!!

I'm sorry to hear about your sad time, but it is all better now.

Scritches to you, Pickles!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Hey Pickles, you're not that far away from me, over the water in England.
    Welcome to PT, and I'm sure you'll love it here, as all cats are gods in ours eyes. You're lucky to have found such a nice new human to take care of you forever and ever. And being a lap cat is always a winner

One more update on little Pickles.
    We have had him for a few months now and he has become a complete member of the family.
    He has gained nearly 3 pounds, all of which was well needed as he was very underweight. His fur has now grown back and you can't see any of his injuries. Pickles is a very playful cat and loves to watch the birds from our bedroom window. Though I have told him that perhaps he shouldn't meow quite so loudly as it scares the birds away!
    Freya, our pretty tabby is more or less Pickles girlfriend! They spend all their time together, cleaning each other and cuddling.
    Odin doesn't mind Pickles as much as before, though I doubt they will ever be good budies.
    To me Pickles is proof that a shelter cat is truly the best companion!
    Louise

That is so great to hear! You have a sweet little addition to the family, congratulations!!!