Thread: I think I broke my toe...

I think I broke my toe...

I slid down the loft stairs yet AGAIN last night!!! UGH!! I woke up this morning and my toe next to my pinky on my right foot is bruised and swollen. It hurts to put weight on it. I have to be at work and stand on it for 6 hours tonight!

No sense in having it looked at by a doctor. I don't have medical benefits and there's nothing they can really do for a broken toe anyway.

I figured out WHY I keep having problems with the stairs. Me and stairs have NEVER had a great relationship. But these particular stairs are definitely NOT even within code. They aren't even wide enough to hold my entire foot!!! THAT'S why I keep falling. Especially when I have socks on. I have learned since not to wear socks in the house (we have carpeting). When I go down the stairs, I have to put my feet sideways in order to keep my balance.

No, I wasn't drinking and no, MooShoo was nowhere near me when it happened.

*sigh*

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

((HUGS)) that sounds awful. I have no idea what advice to offer you on how to care for a broken toe. Ice? Elevation?

Stairs and I also have a bad relationship. We wanted to keep the steps uncarpeted once we foind out there was gorgeous hardwood uner the carpet.... but I fell down them on a daily basis when they were just wood.

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that Donna. Hope it heals up quickly.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Sorry to hear,Hope it gets better soon.Meanwhile you should stay off your feetBe careful with those stairs!

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

"Ouch" I feel your pain. Our kitchen table has benches. I knocked one of the benches over, it landed on my big toe. I'm sure my toe was broken also. It hurt so bad. My toe throbbed for a couple of days it was also black and blue.

I dont envy you when you have to put your shoes on. You and those stairs just dont get along watch your step.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Ouch! Pack your poor toe in ice to stop the swelling/bruising and stop going in the loft!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I broke 2 toes last year, the pinky toe and the one next to it on my left foot. I opened up the fridge and a big glass bottle of A-1 sauce fell on them. I screamed and hopped around the house trying to make it feel better. I went and sat down and I couldn't stop shaking from the pain. I put ice on it for about 10 minutes at a time. About 10 times a day. I had to go to work that night and putting shoes on hurt but also felt good. There was just a little bit of pressure on it to hold it still. Taking the shoes off hurt more than putting them on.

I really hope you feel better. Take some Alieve or Advil, that might help with some of the pain.
    Gracie and Rachel looking out the window together.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    OUCH! I broke one (or two - not sure) toes last year while in Toronto at the "Smith & Wilson Family Reunion." NOT FUN! As there's nothing they can do for broken toes, I hobbled around for about two months before they finally healed.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Oh, Donna! BIG {{{{(HUGS}}}}! It's those evil stairs again! I just wish I were closer to you to help you out!

It will help the pain if you can buddy tape the toe to the one next to it with medical tape (about 1.00) from the store. That's all the doctor would do if you went in anyway. It helps it heal and keeps it immobile. Sorry that happened! Broken toes hurt.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

OUCH! I know the feeling, I've never broken a toe but I remember the pain of breaking my little finger! Hope you get better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    It will help the pain if you can buddy tape the toe to the one next to it with medical tape (about 1.00) from the store. That's all the doctor would do if you went in anyway. It helps it heal and keeps it immobile.
    That's just what I was going to say

Zimbabwe 07/13

Ouch, that sounds so painful!!! Hope your toe is better soon... Sending some healing ((((hugs)))) for a speedy recovery
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old