Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to the white coats

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    He has to wear his cone for about 2 weeks. Poor little guy... I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious.
    I'm sorry Sam is having trouble. 2 weeks? Jimmy is getting his neutering and bladder surgery stitches out and it's only been 10 days since the bladder surgery. Does he have to wear the cone even after the stitches are out?
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Well if you have a Wal-Mart close by it might help to at least try the boys briefs. I had a lot of trouble until then too. There is no guarantee it will work but it did work well for my when my boy was doing the same thing. It healed up fast after that. You can buy a pack of 3 for like 5 bucks and that gives you extra to wash them. That's what I bought. Hope it heals up fast.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

A teacher died and it was his funeral this morning.

Thanks everyone, hopefully he'll feel much better soon.
    o thats sad was he old? (how did he die?)
    *~*chelsea*~*

**Thanks, ashleycat, i love the siggys!!!**

~chelsea* && Timber, George, Fred, & Hammie.
    (Skipper too! )
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Georgia][B]

Quote Originally Posted by *iluvskipper*
    o thats sad was he old? (how did he die?)
    He was 53... had a heart attack.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Well if you have a Wal-Mart close by it might help to at least try the boys briefs. I had a lot of trouble until then too. There is no guarantee it will work but it did work well for my when my boy was doing the same thing. It healed up fast after that. You can buy a pack of 3 for like 5 bucks and that gives you extra to wash them. That's what I bought. Hope it heals up fast.
    DId you cut a hole in them so he could pee? Coulden't he lick through the hole?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

He was 53... had a heart attack.
    oh thats sad. my dad's 53. lol i don't think u care tho. haha
    *~*chelsea*~*

**Thanks, ashleycat, i love the siggys!!!**

~chelsea* && Timber, George, Fred, & Hammie.
    (Skipper too! )
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Georgia][B]

Quote Originally Posted by My Peanuts
    I'm sorry Sam is having trouble. 2 weeks? Jimmy is getting his neutering and bladder surgery stitches out and it's only been 10 days since the bladder surgery. Does he have to wear the cone even after the stitches are out?
    Well the lady told me ten days to 2 weeks. I'm not really sure. The stitches desolve on there own but the end where they tie it up might not... so he might need to go have it cut, or we'll do it ourselves. I could ask again if he gets that tie out at the vets.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I saw a little blood on the incision just now... did the stitches rip? I REALLLY hope not because Sam hates me right now for taking him to the vet too much.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I did cut the hole so he could pee, and one behind for the other business, but it didn't need more cute away then he needed to fit his "parts" out. The breifs still covered his incision no problem. He never tried to stick his tongue in the hole to lick his incision, but I can't guarantee your's wouldn't.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I saw a little blood on the incision just now... did the stitches rip? I REALLLY hope not because Sam hates me right now for taking him to the vet too much.
    Jimmy has had so many problems since I got him. At one point I was at the vet 6 out of 7 days in a week. Jimmy’s file at the vet is bigger than RB Angie's, Sylvia's, Harley's, and Morty's put together, no joke. Worst part is we've only had him since August 29th 2005! So I know what you mean. I like to think that they know why we take them to the vet so much.

Look closely, if he popped a stitch you have to take him back right away. Also, if he ever needs stitches again I advise against the dissolvable ones if you can. I got those when Harley was neutered thinking they were better and easier. He got neutered at the shelter and I didn't want to drive all the way back there to have them removed. Our vet had to fix them because the skin was growing over them before they dissolved and causing an infection. Those "easy stitches” ended up being a huge pain in the butt for me and poor Harley!

Quote Originally Posted by My Peanuts
    Jimmy has had so many problems since I got him. At one point I was at the vet 6 out of 7 days in a week. Jimmy’s file at the vet is bigger than RB Angie's, Sylvia's, Harley's, and Morty's put together, no joke. Worst part is we've only had him since August 29th 2005! So I know what you mean. I like to think that they know why we take them to the vet so much.

Look closely, if he popped a stitch you have to take him back right away. Also, if he ever needs stitches again I advise against the dissolvable ones if you can. I got those when Harley was neutered thinking they were better and easier. He got neutered at the shelter and I didn't want to drive all the way back there to have them removed. Our vet had to fix them because the skin was growing over them before they dissolved and causing an infection. Those "easy stitches” ended up being a huge pain in the butt for me and poor Harley!
    Poor Jimmy. Is he doing ok, now? I wish they could know it's only to help them.

I will ask my mom to look at the stitches tonight. She's a human nurse and she knows a little about that stuff. That's dumb how vets recommend those stitches when that can happen.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Poor Jimmy. Is he doing ok, now? I wish they could know it's only to help them.

So far so good. He got his stitches out last night and the techs said everything looks good. He's peeing well now, thank God. I just hope those darn stones don't come back. Thanks for asking.

Poor boy. At least he doesn't have an infection... Feel better soon, Sam!!
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Awwww!! Poor little guy is really having a rough go of it. I sure hope he gets better soon. This has to be so frustrating for all of you

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

15. Awww poor litttle dude.
    all paws and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery