Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designer dog breed magazine!!

Designer dog breed magazine!!

Yep a magazine dedicated to stupid designer breeds. Its simply called Designer dogs. I skimmed through it while in Pet Smart and read something that said they werent just a fad , they were here to stay...
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I wouldn't waste my money on something like that.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Me either. I felt like ripping them all up.

(I didint buy one incase thats what you thought)
    I just looked through it.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

That's disgusting!!!

I'm going to find out who is making this and am going to send them a lengthy email.....

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

buttercup132
    I skimmed through it while in Pet Smart
    Hey Alicia, Just to get off the subject. I was wondering if the Pet Smart in Canada has Steele's poster in it? I wasn't sure. They are here in the states but don't know if they went up to Canada? This is his poster and its usually in the bone Isle. Would you check for me? Thanks

And to reply, it seems like a waste of ink doesn't it. Who would even bee interested in that. Well I guess we know who dont we. Anything for a buck people.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    (I didint buy one incase thats what you thought)
    I just looked through it.
    no I didn't think you bought one!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Designer breeds are becoming really popular, it's just a new thing, and new things are generally looked down upon. At the pet resort I work at, we have a lot of regulars who have designer breeds. I wouldn't say it's just a trend anymore, it's becoming something I'd say might be here for awhile, if not for good. I find it irritating, but, I'm sure most breeds brought about some sort of backlash when they were first created and accepted. I don't know, I'm not going to judge people who buy these dogs, they're really no better or worse than people who buy purebreds of any kind. Of course, some of them are doing it just because it's the "designer" thing to do...but, heck there are people who still only buy Yorkies because that's the cute thing to do, and, people who still buy black and white cockers to go with their black and white furniture. Those kinds of people irritate me, but, I've met a lot of people who get designer breeds because they really do like the look of the dog or the characteristics of the mix. Or, like me, they simply run into it and fall in love. I know I wasn't looking to buy a labrador. It just sort of happened. Anyway, that magazine will probably be a big hit, I am honestly surprised it's taken this long to get one out. :/
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture of Steele in the US, next to the one with the Neapolitan, right?

Niņo & Eliza

Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticCollies
    Hey Alicia, Just to get off the subject. I was wondering if the Pet Smart in Canada has Steele's poster in it? I wasn't sure. They are here in the states but don't know if they went up to Canada? This is his poster and its usually in the bone Isle. Would you check for me? Thanks

And to reply, it seems like a waste of ink doesn't it. Who would even bee interested in that. Well I guess we know who dont we. Anything for a buck people.
    I tried looking for Steeles picture at the Petsmart here and he is not in it. I tried searching the whole store to no avail.

I just don't understand how dogs that used to be called Mutts are now called Designer Breeds?
    Make me want to PUKE!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I know about that, I was going to post something about it but didn't. They've got them all over and I definetley wouldn't waste money on something so useless

Ukk..i've seen it..yes, definatly a waste of ink..

Oh and Tim,
    i belive i've seen that poster at our local petsmart here in Arizona, i havent paid it much attention.. but i will definatly go check it out again when we go again!

I would write to Petsmart and say shame on them for supporting BYBs and puppy mills by carrying that magazine.

facebook

im not sure i understand, what is the big deal about designer breeds? and what are designer breeds?