Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Your Dog Universally Loved?

I think out of all three, Kiara is the most loved by others. We always get people crowding around us to watch her play. They love how she flies for the flippy.
    My uncle and cousin met her for the first time last week/weekend. They both fell in love. I heard my cousin talking to her husband and kids back home numerous times talking about Kiara.

My uncle almost forgot to say goodbye to me the day they flew out, and cried when he said goodbye to Kiara.

When people get to know Simba and Nala (and vice versa) they love them too. But, only after Simba stops ignoring them. My aunt who hates most dog and most things-doggy-like loves my 3.

Usually with family, the older relatives like Simba and the younger relatives like Ki & Nala.... but there are exceptions.

People & some family members dont like the Border Collies , oh well thats their loss. Almost everyone loves Penny as she is realy quite a friendly lil girl. Theo does not like strangers so people dont tend to like him either when they meet him for the first/ only time. Everyone who loves big butch dogs loves Clover .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Fenway's a magnet for people and children. They just love him. He's very friendly - loves to play, loves attention, just a very happy dog. He's only 21 pounds and very scruffy looking so when they see him, their first words are usually "Benji". And everybody loves Benji.

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Sure my family & friends love all my dogs but Nanooks got them beat by far in this subject. He's just such an amazing, smart, lovable, obedient dog that everyone who meets him falls head over heals for him. I can't count the amount of times I've taken him for a walk or the like & people will go out of their way to say hi to Nanook and to top it off many of them know him, even by name yet I do not even know the person. Many people swear he had to be human in his past life. He really is the best dog I have ever had or met.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

A lot of people love my dogs but there are some that don't.

I went to get my car washed a few weeks ago and had both puppers with me.

The car wash man said that I shouldn't have brought them with me because they were scary and dangerous (?).

I asked why and he said that they were mini pit bulls??? WHHAAAA

I expalined that they were Boston terriers and laughed it off. I also said that even if they were Pits, they were not dangerous.

I wanted to argue with the guy but he was just WAY too ignorant for me.

During my hour wait for my car to be ready, all kinds of people stopped and got kisses from my so called DANGEROUS and SCARY dogs.

When the dumb a$$ car wash man handed me my keys he had a change of heart and apologized.
    Some people....

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    A lot of people love my dogs but there are some that don't.

I went to get my car washed a few weeks ago and had both puppers with me.

The car wash man said that I shouldn't have brought them with me because they were scary and dangerous (?).

I asked why and he said that they were mini pit bulls??? WHHAAAA

I expalined that they were Boston terriers and laughed it off. I also said that even if they were Pits, they were not dangerous.

I wanted to argue with the guy but he was just WAY too ignorant for me.

During my hour wait for my car to be ready, all kinds of people stopped and got kisses from my so called DANGEROUS and SCARY dogs.

When the dumb a$$ car wash man handed me my keys he had a change of heart and apologized.
    Some people....

Hahaha. That's actually kind of funny! The Beans & Frank...dangerous. Though I think I would be afraid of them if I had a hot dog or hamburger in my hands. Just kidding.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

robilee writes:
    We do go to my folks place once in awhile to run the fields and they do go inside for a bit but I can feel my mom tense up partly because she is scared of them and partly because they might get her house hairy and dirty..lol. I mostly keep them outside when I take them out there.
    Not to worry, your Mom's not the only one like that about her house. As much as my Mom loves the Collies, because of their shedding, they aren't allowed in her house. Murph is allowed if he stays in my lap, since he doesn't really shed that much.

I usually only take them all over there, when we're having a family b-b-que outside, so that we're not isolated from everybody else. My sister, who normally doesn't like dogs, is even agreeable to having them around for b-b-ques, because that's the only time my Nephews will stay outside with us the whole time and not be lured to the inside and video games.

I'm also, in the middle of converting the back of Mom's garage into a lil' mini apartment, that way I can go visit and stay the night and the dogs can come too.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Sequoia has charmed the treats out of anyone who has met her either briefly or over a period of time. My in-laws are just nuts about her. They ask how she is doing all the time and have no problem with us bringing her to visit even though they are allergic to dogs. We just don't allow her in their bedroom. And since we are usually staying for several days that is quite the ordeal. My almost 60 year old father in law the last time we were there visiting was down on his hands and knees with his butt wiggling in the air playing with her. She just turns on that husky charm and smiles and woos and people melt.

Kia has charmed most of my friends and family. I have a few friends though that are not "dog people". They respect her and tolerate her at best, but they don't go 'goo goo gaa gaa' over her like some of my other friends.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

When I had my old guy, there were VERY few people, who didn't like him. Even the postman loved him! There was a crippled & slight mentally disabled man down the road. He hated dogs ONLY because they were scared of his walking crutches & tended to bark & snarl at him. But Max didn't care, he gently ran up to the man & demanded to be loved. After that the man would come over everyday for months & months & months to play with Max. Max always gave him the ball & the man would toss it only a few feet (that was the best he could do), but Max didn't care, he'd play with the man for a couple of hours. Then we had to get the man a chair, so it would be easier for him to pet & love Max.

Max use to go to the RRC (Rideau Regional Centre, if for mentally dissabled people & suicidal people, with the padded rooms & strapping chairs & helmets) with dad. Max would do his best to befriend all the residents, even the ones trying to hit him & yelling crazy things.

Strangers invited us into their yards & homes to Max could play with their kids, as Max was GREAT around tots & was good for teaching tots how to pet & play with dogs. Many pulled his fur, or private parts, or piled blocks on him. One girl LOVED to chase him around the house, he would go just fast enough that she couldn't get him. Then they would switch & he wwould chase her around the house, just far enough to be behind her.. He would take any object the kids gave him & he would run away trying to get the kids to chase him around the house..

Everyone knew him. I had these people who would park their boats at the same spots year after year to watch Max jump out into the water, make his BIG splash & then obey directions to where the log is (Dad make me special logs so he wouldn't hurt himself on them). Kids would even hop in & splash about with him, however he was able to jump WAY out when they could only jump manybe 5 feet out.

Max would even go to Jim's Garage with dad & he would get lots of loving over there. It was mostly people who were scared of dogs who didn't like him. My aunt is scared of any dog bigger then 5 pounds. However Max was sooo well behaved, she got him nice blankets to lay on outside & said nice things about him & even looked at him through the door (she would NEVER do that for another dog). She even wanted to cook him a steak! But that was a no, so she chopped up a carrot for him, as that was ok.

I've never met a person that didn't like my dogs. Mandy, Nova, and Buck are usually the favorites though because Luka is sometimes timid around new people (mostly men, which I find odd because she was abused by a woman). Of course at the moment Buck is the current favorite because he is a puppy. When he gets older I'm sure people will fear him because of his color ("Big black dog syndrome" ). Nova is the usual favorite around here because she is just so friendly, too friendly almost (she likes to "hug" people at first greetings ).

All of my family loves the dogs, though nobody in my family has met Luka or Buck yet. My mom's mom really liked our RB Dachshund, Buttons.

At the moment, everyone loves Morgan because she's a puppy but I'm sure everyone will fear her when she grows up just like they did with Echo (everyone loved her as a pup too...). Most people are afraid/leary of Winston because he's a Doberman but once they get to know him, they absolutely love him. Almost everyone loves Tango simply because they think she's pretty, most people can't believe how energetic she is though and they quickly get sick of having a ball dropped in their lap constantly...lol. Strangers love her though, I often get a crowd when I take her to play frisbee. They're all amazed at how athletic she is aswell as the fact she rarely misses and always brings it right back to me without having to be asked. I love it, it's great socialization for her because afterwards everyone wants to pet her and some of the kids like to try throwing the frisbee for her a few times. Tia, being a cute little Dachshund is loved by everyone who likes small dogs.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

No
    Most everyone is afraid to some extent of both of my pups.
    They are very protective of me, the yard and the house. German Shepherds... Go Figure huh?!?
    My mother in law is deathly afraid of Buddy, and he knows it.
    My father in law.... they love each other SO much! (and to think that Buddy STILL hates my husband!! Go Figure!!! )
    My dad used to be intimidated by Buddy but he's gotten better and knows he doesn't have to be afraid of him. My mom was kind of the same as my dad, but not as bad.
    Sierra... she's a sneaky one. Anyone that's been in my back yard with her know that you have to watch your butt! She's a butt nipper! But it doesn't hurt at all; she's just being bad.... VERY VERY bad! And she knows it because when you turn around to stop her or tell her "no", she'll stand there and "Woooo" at you.
    All of our family members know she's harmless (as long as you're in the house) once you're in the house, she'll curl right up on your lap if you'll let her.
    I one thing that keeps people on their toes with my dogs is that they both are hand/head shy and if you make a quick move that they are not expecting it freaks them out and they'll let you know that they didn't like it.
    When it comes to strangers, more people are afraid if Sierra because of her black face and crazy looking eyes. Are they nuts??!!? That's what I love about her the most!!!
    My sister has kids and keeps bugging me about when I'm going to have kids and "blah blah blah you have those two huge dogs... Buddy's to unpredictable blah blah".... Oh it drives me nuts!! She has no clue!
    I know Bud has issues and I take extra measures to ensure everyone's safety. But I also know that he means the world and more to me! I don't know where I would be with out Bud. He is my savior, my love and my life. I know my parents understand it because they've come to realize he's the reason I'm happy. (It sure isn't my marriage that makes me happy )
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

No. Ginger isn't a people dog. She is very timid and takes a wide berth around strangers, so they tend to walk past without taking any real notice. Family think she is a nice girl, but I don't think she holds a very special place in their hearts. However, just because she is not universally loved doesn't mean she isn't loved. She has managed to worm her way into the hearts of several of my neighbors, and it is always a joyous occasion when she sees them.
    My RB girl on the other hand was very much a people dog and was universally loved (until she got old - over 11). Many times when I was out walking her people whom I did not know would walk by or drive by and call her by name! She knew and loved everyone. It's funny though I never had to worry about her being stolen, because whenever I had to have someone else walk her for me, I would have at least two people approach me the next day and ask me who was walking Peaches. So if she was ever with someone she didn't belong with my neighbors would have known it.

Ehh that's a hard one...I'd have to say no. Nebo is loved more than anything by ME of course. My parents love him too because they know how much he means to me. The rest of my family, well they say they do, but I don't think they really do that much. My brother says he's allergic to him and he and his wife have a fit about dog hair. My sister said that too, until she got the golden retriever (which I swear sheds worse) and now she's magically no longer allergic. But they'll all at least pet him and pretend they like him when they come over. Everyone gets a kick out of him doing his tricks for them (play dead seems to be the favorite).

As for friends, I think my friend, Michele, (who has the dog Cisco) loves him. I think my other friend, Cassie, likes him personality wise but she's not one for dog hair either and she thinks I'm insane for how much I love dogs. Those are about the only friends I have around here who ever visit my house. When I take him to work he's very well behaved and pretty friendly with everyone, he loves my boss because she always feeds him treats lol. Usually he attracts quite a few people wanting to see the "snow dog."

Nebo is generally afraid of strangers so at other people's houses/strange places they probably don't like him because he usually won't even let people pet him away from home. When strangers come over to our house he's quite friendly and interested in them, though with men most of the time he'll lick their hands but not let them pet him. With woman it usually just takes a treat and he'll be your friend. He's not a snuggle into your lap the first time he meets you kind of dog. Just judging by looks, people either think he's the most gorgeous dog ever or the scariest.

As for PT, he does have a few fans but I don't know if he's "universally loved" on here.