Thread: Sometimes the simplest things seem so difficult...

Sometimes the simplest things seem so difficult...

So that is why I'm asking for advice here. It is so hard when they're your own cats.

Isabel is scheduled to be spayed Wed. That means no food/water after 10 PM the night before. No problem. However, the first thing I do in the AM is feed all the cats canned. Izzy is the loudest and most demanding when it comes to this and I can't give her any Wed. morning.

1. Should I put her in a separate room and feed the others?

The downfall to this is she will know, and I will feel like a monster.

2. Don't feed any cats until she is packed up and ready to go to the vets?

She will still know, but will be in the carrier, to be whisked off on a great adventure, and hopefully won't care. Plus, the whole time I'm having my coffee and breakfast and getting ready for school I'll be harrassed, and again feel like a monster.

3. Feed the cats when I get home at 3 in the afternoon. I'll have put their dry food down before I leave.

Then they all will be mad at me.

I didn't feed any of mine until I had dropped the unlucky one off at the vet. Here they want them there BY 8:30 am so that isn't much of a problem.. Then I came home and fed the rest of them. I don't eat until a lot later in the day myself so there is no problem with me eating in front of the unlucky kitty either.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Last Vet visit like this was for Red's teeth cleaning. We had to be there at 8 am.

I got Red in the carrier, and in the car - then came back in and fed the rest. If anyone was bothered by this, it's been long forgotten.

I do the same as the other posters, take one (or more) to the vet, and then come back and feed the rest. If I have to rush to work directly from the vet, I prep everthing to the point of opening cans, pop the vet-bound cat into carrier and car, then run back in and put out the wet food. I wouldn't isolate because that's like a double strike against you in her eyes. Good luck!

I can't come back - I have class at 9 and the vet's is between here and school - I won't have time. Otherise I would for sure do that!

I think I'll put her in a room by herself, feed the others, pack her up when it is time, put down the dry, and go.

Thanks!

I Know That Thats Tough As I Had To Keep Some Of The Cats Away From Food Overnight Before They Went In For Operations.
    I Find That The Easiest Thing To Do Is To Take All The Food Up,as Often They Wont Miss Thier Meals Until The Cat Thats Going Is In The Carrier.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by boscibo
    I think I'll put her in a room by herself, feed the others, pack her up when it is time, put down the dry, and go.

Thanks!
    that is what I would do.

As a matter of fact, in my own personal case each cat eats in their own seperate carrier. soooooo... The poor unlucky one goes happily in but gets no food. I always apologize profusely.

I,too, put the fasting cat in another room, while the others eat!!! It has always worked out well.
    Nine is Fine!!