Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Today I exploded a rock while mowing the lawn.

It was about half the size of a football, just an ordinary grey chunk of New England rock. We had weeks, literally, of rain, and then the last two days were hot and sunny. This all somehow combined so that, when I knicked it with the mower, it shattered. It was about a foot away from Paul's car at the time, and yet not a single piece hit the car windows or the car itself, less than ten feet from the house and the side-by-side kitchen windows and none hit the windows, and the one that went furthest was traveling hard enough to punch a hole in the vinyl siding of the house, and was sharp enough to slice off a syringa twig with flowers, but missed the window behind which Paul's computer sits by a foot. There was nothing left of the rock in the spot it had sat for years, though some pieces were on the grass a few inches away. The edges of the pieces are sharp and flat, and the insides look rusty, so probably iron in the rock.

WOW!!

I have an eye infection. My left eye is a mess. All red, puffy and goopy. It is so sore. Hurts to wipe it with a tissue and to even blink. It started yesterday morning. It was so bad today that I called the dr. He was able to see me. He checked me out real good. Asked if I had been sick recently and having any trouble with dizziness. Uhhh..Yes, I have! I woke up Mon. morning with part of my left upper gum swollen and extremely painful which spread to my head and I wound up with a major headache, nausea and dizziness. The painful gum situation didn't last long though. Thank God! Turns out its all a virus and has spread to my eye. Doc said not to be surprised if it spread to my other eye or if I came down with major flu like symptoms in a few days . Hope none of that happens. The eye thing has made it difficult to study for my final exam that I have to take tomorrow and I am extremely grateful that my grade is good enough that if I totally bomb the exam I will still pass the class. I just want my eye to be cleared up before Friday because that is our Relay For Life event and I defintely want to be there to take my victory lap .

Michelle. More Bob & Ebby pics? Maybe.

gemini9961. A promotion?

Kay. Hope all goes well for your boss's wife, and Good Luck with the application!

Karen. Wow! Scary, and very lucky there were no injuries or damage.

Almita. 105 degrees! Now that is hot!
    Robin. Aw, poor girl, that sounds awful. Hope it is not so sore today and that it doesn't spread. Good Luck with the exam!

There is only about 1-2 weeks of work left to some major house remodeling (brand new kitchen). I am looking forward to ORGANIZATION again as well as being able to do some major cleaning!! Besides that, I can't wait to see what the kitchen looks like when it is done, done, done!! I am so excited about it!!!

Cookiebaker,

Pictures please when you finally get into your new kitchen. I'm a nut about remodeling jobs.

Found the first large & sleepy momma wasp this morning - in my bathroom. I had hoped I'd seen the last of them when I moved home.

Wrexham Newi college finally gets the university status it deserves and, best of all, it is being re-named Glyndwr after our heroic rebel prince.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7507908.stm

I wish that our weather would be much better, I miss the sun. Feeling a bit down too............
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm going to see Mama Mia the Movie - twice in two days!!!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

And...................I'm going to Germany at the beginning of August. May get to stay here http://www.schloss-elmau.de/english/index.html for a day or two
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Got some revenge on my a**hole supervisor today!! :]

I was visiting my friend in an area I wasn't in today on my break and he yelled at me for "distracting her from her work" yet there were no customers. I almost lost it but I was said as calmly as possible "I'm on break, I'm not getting paid for standing here." and he just walked away. Later on he came to my area and gave me a couple of dirty looks.

REVENGE IS SWEET!!

(okay it wasn't that bad, but it sure felt good to prove him wrong!!)

I'll be absent from PT from Saturday to Thursday, as once again I'm going to the Royal Welsh Show with one of my best friends! Some of you may remember my pictures from last year.

http://www.rwas.co.uk/en/welsh-show

The weather is crappy again, though. I don't understand WHY we can't have nice summer weather for more than one day, when we get another two weeks of cloud and rain. Still, even when it was pouring last year we had a good time, so fingers crossed.

I'll then be back for a couple of days before disappearing again; this time I'm crossing the pond (where I should FINALLY get some sun!). We're staying in Fort Myers, FL, and plan to visit quite a bit of SW FL and perhaps a few of the Keys. Wonder if I'll bump into any PTers....

Zimbabwe 07/13

When I saw it advertised I thought of you and wondered if you would be going this year. Fingers crossed for some sun for you, or at least some dry days. Have fun anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    When I saw it advertised I thought of you and wondered if you would be going this year. Fingers crossed for some sun for you, or at least some dry days. Have fun anyway!
    Thank you.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm HAPPY.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.