Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Announcements

Random Announcements

There is thread like this on a JD forum and thought it may be of interest here. It's for things that just occur/happen that don't really need a reply, or that you don't want to start a whole new thread about. I'll start with this.
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

It gladdened my heart today to see a pair of robins building a nest again in the ivy on my shed. They had begun doing it just before the snow we had a couple of weeks ago and I feared they had given up altogether. It is so lovely to watch.
    (No, no pictures, my camera isn't good enough to catch them)

.................................................. .................................................. ...

See what I mean?
    Please add your own if you have one.

I go back to work next week...March 19.. So I will be gone from PT for 28 days..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Good idea Chris. I'm glad that the days are getting longer. It means no more driving home from work in the dark.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

OMG..that is so odd that you say that, because recently every morning I look out my computer window to check on my little Dove who is sitting in her nest. This is the 3rd time that her and her mate have made their nest in the same location. It is in our portable basketball hoop thingy. Only this time I am super worried because over the winter we moved the basketball thing inside the gate and it sits right in the corner of the house where my computer window is which also means it is in the back where the dogs go out. Katie and Tori know it is there and I've had to shoo them away and have even caught Katie standing up on the house trying to get a bit closer . Alden has been going out and letting her know that that is not her space she is not allowed near there. She is actually doing quite well with that but I'm afraid once the babies arrive she will forget her manners. We had some snow here not too long ago and the poor Dove sat there with snow on her I wanted so badly to go out and put a blanket over her. I'm so worried about my birdies.

Had to get my bird feeder out and filled to day the finches are back. 2 weeks until my mom comes for a long stay.
    Last edited by Corinna; 03-26-2006 at 03:17 PM.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

After being AWOL for over a year, our little feral kitty has returned for daily feedings. We call him Chessie. I have bought a trap and plan to TNR soon. I thought he was a goner for a coyote, so I'm glad he's back.

Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Today is the first day it was about 60 deg. warm- so spring will spring finally

We just had the Commonwealth Games here in Melbourne. On Friday, I went to watch the EAD (elite Athletes with a Disability) weightlifting competition.

I am truly humbled. These men are inspiring.

M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Zoey starts swimming next weekend so I figured I go to public swimming today to let her try out the pool. She gave me a big lip a couple times LOL, but didn't cry!! I'm sooo proud.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I heard today that my eldest grandaughter is going to be working in Spain for the rest of the year. Whooee! Ok, so she has to work, but there will also be lots of sea, sand and fun, of that I am sure.

And
    I'm getting a new camera!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    IAnd
    I'm getting a new camera!
    Does this mean MORE BOB and EBBY pics??????
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I'm changing positions at my work.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

My boss' wife is to be induced tomorrow. She isn't due until the 21st (I think?) but since they have had troubles in the past delivering a girl - they want to induce her while the baby is 100% healthy.

---------

I'm sending in an application for another animal hospital tomorrow.

---------

I really should be sleeping right now.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Today I exploded a rock while mowing the lawn.

It was about half the size of a football, just an ordinary grey chunk of New England rock. We had weeks, literally, of rain, and then the last two days were hot and sunny. This all somehow combined so that, when I knicked it with the mower, it shattered. It was about a foot away from Paul's car at the time, and yet not a single piece hit the car windows or the car itself, less than ten feet from the house and the side-by-side kitchen windows and none hit the windows, and the one that went furthest was traveling hard enough to punch a hole in the vinyl siding of the house, and was sharp enough to slice off a syringa twig with flowers, but missed the window behind which Paul's computer sits by a foot. There was nothing left of the rock in the spot it had sat for years, though some pieces were on the grass a few inches away. The edges of the pieces are sharp and flat, and the insides look rusty, so probably iron in the rock.

Tired didn't sleep for one day....but yet don't seem tired odd. Had to clean the whole house. Outside was 105 degrees at least it got lower the degrees haha seems a little cooler like a tad bit. Browsing on PT since i have been here for a long time.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]