Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Part-time, Full-time, or No time?

Part-time, Full-time, or No time?

I know many PTers work full time and log onto their favorite site at work. Unfortunately at my office we are not allowed to use the internet except for work-related things. Anyway, it got me to thinking about how many of us can come here whenever we want, and from there I wondered whether most of us work full-time or part-time or not at all. Soooo, I made a little poll. See where you fit in.

I work part tiem at night, and then part time from home in my own business.

ACK!!! I made a poll and clicked too soon so it didn't work.

I work part-time but since mid-November I have been filling in full-time since we are down one girl at work.

Those who are retired, full time students, or just lucky enough to not work at all may reply. Those were going to be my extra choices in the poll.

I work full time, sometimes weird shifts. Technically I'm not supposed to be online for "non-business" purposes, but as long as it doesn't interfere with my "real" work and use my head (no downloads, etc.) the powers that be don't really enforce it.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I work full-time, 12 hour days, 3 days one week and 4 the next week. I am always on PT at work. They never say anything as long as I get my work done and don't let it interfere. We also have a TV we can watch, used to have cable but when we moved the cable went bye-bye and has not come back yet. I check PT at home about 1-2 times a day. At work I check it all the time because my job can be a little slow at times.

Yep..PT junkie.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I work full-time, and also am not supposed to use the internet for non-business purposes, but like smokey the elder if I don't download things or let is interfere with my work, they don't really enforce it. At least it keeps me at my desk, so if someone needs to find me, they know were I am.

I'm currently working part-time and looking for full-time work. I check PT a few times a day. And yes, it certainly is addicting!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I work fulltime here at home (am a Domestic Engineer) so I keep PT on all of the time and check it as I have time.

Funny, I was thinking that if businesses really monitored the use of Internet at work, thy would see all of these multiple logs listing access to "PT" and wonder what their employees were up to

I retired exactly eight years ago. Fortunately at that time, internet was not available to our department. The company had an internal email and management programs which I used extensively. Most computer skills I learned there. I enjoyed working at the time but doubly enjoy my life now. I've helped at least six neighbors and three relatives with computer and internet difficulties. Not much just sitting around time!

I am retired. Last year was my first year of my retirement. It was
    great at first, but I'm getting pretty bored. I'm now looking around
    for a part-time job maybe 2-3 days a week.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reckon my job quailfies as a full time job, although I only work 180 a year.. It is called full time there. No internet there and as much as I miss it, I am afraid if we had it out there, I would burn to much food or do a lot less cooking.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm retired, have been since I was 45 ... and I love it!!

No time here. I lost my job this past October and I am fortunate enough that I didn't have to run out and try to find another. Recently I've decided that I would like to give Medical Transcription a try and maybe I can work from home. It took me forever to get up the nerve to check into it, because I never went any further than high school and didn't do so well with that..lol. I finally called and it was recommended that I take Medical Terminology first since I didn't have any medical background. I actually surprised myself, got brave and signed up for the class. I am now going into my 3rd week and I'm enjoying the class and people but just like I thought, book learning is very hard for me. I have to study like crazy to remember this stuff. I'm freaked out right now because I have two huge chapters to learn and do all the learning activities that go along with it and be prepared for a test on Thursday. I shouldn't even be on here right now..lol..but I've been studying and feel like my brain is mush right now..lol. If it wasn't for Alden helping me study and making up flashcards for me I don't think I would make it at all. Geesh, I have such respect for the people who go to college. I just don't know how people take on a full college schedule and work part time jobs and make it through. You guys are good! Ok, I'm sorry I carried on a bit. I guess I felt like talking about it.

So, my answer is "No Time".

I work full time, 9 til 5 and I love my job :P Dog groomer

No time, unless you count school, which I'm out from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Netball away matches on Saturdays mean I'm out from 7:30am to 1pm. But other than that, I have the chance to come on PT

Zimbabwe 07/13