Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pitback (american pit/rhodesian ridgeback mix)

Quote Originally Posted by CREECE903 View Post
    are all dogs mutts. look at pitbulls, there are so many different blood lines i can't keep up with them. and pitbull is the best of all dogs [ my opinon]. but i love all dogs. the pit bull is my all time favorite. so don't get me roung. quite hattin on ridgebacks pitmix ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm.... where's Alicia when I need her....

Nobody was 'hating' (or 'hattin', whatever that is ) on pit mixes. This forum has to be one of the biggest group of pit-loving people on the net! We are just a community of people who believe breeding for money, whether that's purebreds or mixes made to look like purebreds, is wrong. Breeding should only be done to better the breed by people who are passionate about that particular breed. It is stupid to sell mixes for so much money when there are so many in shelters who need a home.

Have you ever been to/volunteered at a shelter and seen the animals, including pit bulls, that are homeless?

I have seen on another thread that you are breeding your pit and have already made a sort of rude (well, IMO, at least) comment towards another member. I hope you aren't here to cause trouble.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by CREECE903 View Post
    are all dogs mutts. look at pitbulls, there are so many different blood lines i can't keep up with them. and pitbull is the best of all dogs [ my opinon]. but i love all dogs. the pit bull is my all time favorite. so don't get me roung. quite hattin on ridgebacks pitmix ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, at one point all dogs were bred from different breeds but they were eventually made into a breed and now none of them are mixed and they are a full breed. Why do you think there are so many different bloodlines in pitbulls?? Because of irresponsible dog breeding. People here on PT love all breeds to. No one is hattin() ridgeback/pitbull mixes, thank you very much. I also agree with Zara, please don't try and cause trouble here.

Technically, yes all purebreds started out as mixed breeds. But they were created from generations and generations of selective breeding...not just from putting any two dogs together.

And by pit bulls I am assuming you are talking about the American pit bull terrier. Mutts? Hardly. The APBT has been a registered purebred since 1898.

Bloodlines have nothing to do with a dog being purebred or not. A bloodline, to put it simply, is sort of like a family tree of dogs...that are produced by a specific foundation dog or kennel. Take the "Jeep" and "Sorrells" bloodlines. The jeep bloodline was named after Garrett's Ch. Jeep, ROM. And Sorrells was named after Bert Sorrells. Both are different bloodlines, and are famous for their own unique traits... but they are both still purebred APBT lines.

Exactly. Bloodlines are not different breeds, only different families within a breed. That goes for APBT or otherwise.

Well, in all fairness, there are those idiots that mix everything under the sun (neos, DDB's, american bulldogs, etc) into the pitbull to make it more "tough" looking, or whatever idiotic reason they do it for. Yet they still call them pit bulls. That's probably what our little friend is referring to (incorrectly).

Come on, Syd, quite hattin'.

Quote Originally Posted by leansnslobbers View Post
    Well, in all fairness, there are those idiots that mix everything under the sun (neos, DDB's, american bulldogs, etc) into the pitbull to make it more "tough" looking, or whatever idiotic reason they do it for. Yet they still call them pit bulls. That's probably what our little friend is referring to (incorrectly).

Ok fair enough, but as you said incorrectly.

We know those are not pure APBT bloodlines. There are many (pure) bloodlines within the breed and I have no problem keeping up with them. So I think this poster is just using that as their reason that it is ok to mix whatever you want with no rhyme or reason. Because other people do it so its ok.

They are mixing Chi and Pit and calling them "mini Pit Bulls" but they are not mini pit bulls, they are small pit/chi mixes. Just another byb selling point.

leansnslobbers this isn't really directed at you, just more of a general observation of the other poster and some breeders.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy_Bulldog View Post
    They are mixing Chi and Pit and calling them "mini Pit Bulls" but they are not mini pit bulls, they are small pit/chi mixes. Just another byb selling point.
    Same thing could be said about "Miniature" or "Teacup" Australian Shepherds -- I know not all lines do this but I DO know of cases where somewhere down the line toy breeds such as Poms were bred into it to make them smaller.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by leansnslobbers View Post

LOL...

oh alright, you win...I will try my best to "quite hattin on dem dawgs!"...

Well, I don't agree to the idea that you can register anything that is less than 100% purebreed. I don't like these designer breeds for alot of reasons but the main reason why I don't believe they could ever be considered a purebreed is b/c if you were to breed them with another one of a F1 generation you wouldn't get the same thing I don't know how far you would have to go to get it that way and also the designer breeds do not come out with sibiling looking all very similar. In other words you get bunch of mutts, thats all they are. My dog was a stray we think he is half lab and half chesspeke bay. He is no longer with us but I still believe a dog is not always defined by its breed. I also don't agree with people who breed dogs irresponsibly I can not judge that for sure from what I hear, It seems like they may be back yard breeders at least thats what it seems like. I understand people want a certain character or look but I also think that it is abotainable from a shelter as well. Or by adds from people who got a dog and can no longer keep it. I am not downing you for adopting a dog I think its sweet that you are an animal lover as well but I know that it be difficult for me to adopt a dog from a breeder knowing there are so many purebreeds and mixes already in shelters who have been waiting for a home for so long and are very good dogs too.

What I am really for is for people to spay and nueter their pets if they don't want to go into a breeding business I don't agree with people who want to just breed to let them know what its like. To me I don't feel dogs care about that I feel that is instinct. Its so funny that people want them to do something that comes natural like that but if you said Let them go hunt its in their nature let them go kill some ducks or sheep or something No that bad b/c its teaching them to do something they aren't allowed to do but it also is something they are born to do so I don't see why we say one is fine and the other isn't. I mean herding dogs herd but deep down they all came from wild dogs. So just hear me out on that point of view.

We don't mean to be mean, Zoomer. Just simply, backyard breeders, should not exist, all of them, should die--- I'm against backyard breeders, abusers, and anything of that sort. In my eyes I prefer to treat a dog, like a human. Not like a slave.

It's sad, but yes, if the pitback you are purchasing from that seller, is not a backyard breeder, then we're all mistaken and I apologize. But it seems like it to me I believe it would be one, depending on the cruelty of all of these sickminded humans out there.

Take care,

------
    Lady's Mom, -Shania