Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want "cheddar"

I want "cheddar"

As some of you know my Gigi went to the bridge over a year ago. I have been dragging my feet about replacing her because of the puppy.

The puppy is now 16 months old and fairly easy so of course I had to go out looking....

Here is Cheddar:

I called my hubby to ask him about it but he was in a grumpy mood, I will wait till tonight. But this boy is 4 years old and gets along well with dogs and other cats in fact his previous home had a shitzu that he was good friends with (bubba is half shihtzu) Not sure why he was abandaned.

This was a rescue group set up at a local petco...this boy is very large...reminds me of catnappers harry.

This is the wrong place to ask but what do you all think? Hehe...I don't know how my dogs would do, they did fine with gigi but she was so easygoing.
    Last edited by caseysmom; 03-25-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Look at how he is begging you to take him home! Poor baby! He don't understand WHY he is there locked up in a cage....all he wants is someone to love him and a lap to curl up in..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It might take a while for your Dogs to get used to Cheddar,and vice vers but I would give it a try as Older Cats do sadly stay in the Shelters a long time.
    Good Luck with that Little Orangie.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh Laura's babies I am going to cry. That is the exact thing the lady from the rescue said, she said look he is asking you to take him home.

My daughter has been begging, I'll let her lay into hubby tonight. The lady said cheddar had a lot of interested folks looking at him but no takers.

I have been frosted!

Gary, Thankfully he is in the hands of a good rescue organization...I would not want a kitten...I would much rather adopt a cat that is already litter trained and mature...which cheddar is

I have been frosted!

AWWW!!! Cheddar looks like such a sweetheart! He has that pretty marbling pattern, too Orange males seem to have the sweetest dispositions. We did a couple of polls about orangies over the past years and that was pretty much aggreed on among PT folks

Hope your daughter is successful in her begging and that your hubby is agreeable I love to hear about beautiful older cats going to good homes. hjnnn'[

s0xc9opppppppppppppppp99910000p[.0000235...]

Dylan, (my sweet orangie) gave his two cents here, too

Oh, yes, Cheddar is saying "Please take me home. I will be such a GOOD boy and get along with everyone!". That face just melts my heart.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh, tell your husband you HAVE to take him, all of Pet Talk concurs! He sounds perfect!

Oh, that expression on his face...aw, it makes my heart ache! Good to know that he has been looked at so much - and he is a GORGEOUS boy!

Good luck on becoming his meowmie!

hugs
    Catty1

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I think we need to get a chorus of orange Pet Talk males singing - Mishi is meowing his approval! Cheddar! Love the name! May I have a slice?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I have never been meowmie to an orangie before, at our old house it was at the end of a cul de sac and a few homeless kitties showed up, one was an orangie that I found a home for but I had just rescued gigi so I did not keep her.

I also love the name cheddar.

I have been frosted!

Say "cheese" and get that handsome orange fella!

I have to also add to what I already said.... IF I had been there and saw that boy, looking at me so sadly, EYES begging like that... He would have come home with ME and hubby would just have to like it or LEAVE!..opps, maybe that is why I am still single?

I am telling you, This cat is hunting me! I have never seen one look so sad and pitiful.. I am going to sit here and cry if I find out you didn't bring that baby HOME.. I have NEVER had a picture haunt me like this one does.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

hey, what could be more e-x-q-u-s-i-t-e than calorie-free CHEDARRRRR?????

\
    what a handsome, sweet boy. i could heat him up right here.
    Laura

Laura's babies, I am pretty much like you although I do like to have hubby on board first although he really wasn't with the dogs but he has warmed to them completely. He was actually very bonded with my rb gigi.

I called and told him we need a family night, we are going to see eight below to get him in a sappy mood, then the kids will start in on him.

I went on petfinder and found the rescue organization but didn't find cheddar, maybe he is new, they only had a few pets listed on petfinder but I know they have a lot so who knows.

Maybe I will shoot the rescue an email to try to get some more info on him. I can't imagine why someone abanded him

I have been frosted!