Thread: Had another Level 2 Ultrasound/Fetal Echocardiogram today...

Had another Level 2 Ultrasound/Fetal Echocardiogram today...

Update from today's ultrasound...(I had posted about the last ultrasound a month ago, where there were some concerns)...

The baby's heart is fine!!!! Thanks so much for all of the prayers...praise God from whom all blessings flow!! They couldn’t find anything wrong with his heart…he is measuring right on for his gestational age too (I am 26 ½ weeks). He is measuring 2 lbs. 1 oz. The only thing that remains the same is his kidneys are still appearing bright on ultrasound scan…they are the right size, shape, in the right place and they are functioning normally ( b/c my amniotic fluid is normal), but they are bright. The doc said that there could be nothing wrong with them, or something could show up later on in his life, but to be on the safe side, they are referring us to a pediatric nephrologist (sp?)…he will sit down with us, before I deliver and discuss what tests he will want my pediatrician to run on him after he is born…apparently the kidneys should be functioning on their own normally after 48hrs. of being born, so they will probably monitor them in the hospital after delivery. It may be nothing, other than a little bright on scan, but they don’t want anything overlooked. I will still go back for more ultrasounds to check on his size, since he has a 2 vessel cord, and since I have gestational diabetes (these babies can tend to be big). So I have many more doctor appts. ahead of me, but at least they are checking everything out. I asked the doctor about the down syndrome risk now, since his heart is normal, and I had mentioned I was told that if his heart was normal, they thought maybe a 2-5% chance of downs and the doctor said he didn’t even think it was that high at this point, since there are no other markers, just the kidneys, basically….thank God for that as well!! So your prayers were heard…thanks so much!!

I am getting lots of Braxton Hicks Contractions, so I am hoping/praying they slow down…I had them with Christian too. Anyway, I appreciate all of your prayers !! Thanks again!!

Robyn (and Jeremy Lee)

I'm so glad you got a better report today. That is definitely a praise!!

Glad to hear things are looking better! I know that will help you enjoy your pregnancy so much more. Good thoughts still coming for continued progress!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

What great news that his heart is fine!! I am sure that you will be breathing easier just over that news.

I am so excited for you and your family; and will certainly be praying that all your appointments will go well, and you will get thru them one by one!

{{Hugs}}

Wow, I missed this wonderful news!

That is fantastic news. I am so glad for you ........

M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Lots of baby news here on PT today! So glad to hear everything went so well!

This is wonderful news, Robyn! Praise GOD!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I am so happy for you - many worries are now out of the way. Enjoy your pregnancy.
    A beautiful gift will soon be yours and he will be in excellent health!