Thread: Cat fight & now a bloody nose...

Cat fight & now a bloody nose...

Ellie and Bagheera got into a major fight tonight.... it started with Bagheera pouncing on Ellie - and then Ellie grabbed him with her paws and layed him on the ground.... then she clawed his nose- bagheera then started sneezing over and over again - with blood coming from his nose - he seems okay now - just a bit agitated and licking his face a lot..... will he be okay till tomorrow when the vet is in? The nearest vet emergency is over an hour away and he hates car rides - I don't want to take him unless absolutely necessary. I'm at my wits end with these two fighting - they fight CONSTANTLY.... bagheera was declawed by his previous owners - so he has no way to even fight back....They've been like this since bagheera came into the house..... he came into our home last August. Should I possibly look for a new home for one of them?? I really dont want to give up on either of them - I live in an apartment so it's not really easy to keep them seperated.... please give me some advice.....
    cats are forever.

I'm not sure about the bloody nose . . . is it still bleeding?

The only suggestion I have for the fighting is to make sure that you keep Ellie's nails trimmed short! Both of my cats have their claws and they just play fight but if I let their claws get razor sharp, they can definitely do some damage to each other! (they're rough!) I try to keep them trimmed as short as possible - just don't clip the pink part. If you keep them clipped, they will stay short & dull and shouldn't hurt the declawed cat.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

i clip Ellie's nails twice a week..... they get into all out fights - I dont think they are playing anymore - they get very loud, and "reeeeeeeeeeow" and hissing.... they pin each other down prowl each other ALL DAY long.
    cats are forever.

Try some soft paws on Ellie. If she is use to you clipping her nails twice a week, getting those on should be a breeze...

I think Bagheera will be alright until tomorrow unless his nose won't stop bleeding.... Sounds like she hit his sneeze spot if he kept sneexing.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If you're talking to your vet anyway, talk about the fighting. Maybe some kennel drops for a while will help the one cat.

Maybe a behaviourist can help - if it started as soon as the new kitty arrived, maybe not.

I can understand how hard it is to keep them separated in an apartment...so maybe they didn't have enough separate time right at the beginning.

I know someone on PT will have good advice!

hugs
    Catty1

keep them nails clipped! my 2 have very sharp nails and i think ill ask for them clipped by the vet when they get desexed in about 2 months.

Finally I got catsters for my beauties!!
    http://www.catster.com/?260059
    http://www.catster.com/?260064

I love my precious kittens and I hope they have long and happy lives filled with love.

Cats and dogs arent pets, theyre family members that need the same respect as humans. Would you dump your children out in the countryside to fend for themselves??

I have never had Cats fight so hard,than one of thier little noses bleed.
    I hope that Your Cats can learn to get along.
    Eventually I think that they may learn to get along.
    At laest we pray that they do.
    Pouncer and Mr Scrappy used to Fight all the time,but became the best of Friends.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS