Thread: What breed is it

What breed is it

I have a small Dog, the size of a Jack Russel, he is the same colours at a rockweiler, with pointy ears. He has also got Buck Bottem teeth, has anyone ever seen a breed like this one b4?

The vet has no idea, and i cant find a picture of what he looks like in books....he is my little baby and i wish i knew what breed he is, as he is soo intellient and has his own unique personality

Welcome to Pet Talk Mary!! Hope you like it here. We love to hear pet "tales" and see pictures.

He sounds cute. What's his name? Do you have a picture of him you could post? He kinda sounds like a Minature Pincher but maybe not since he's got anunder bite.

Kate

Thankyou for your reply, his name is Tiger and he is 4 years old. We got him from a nearby petshop, they said he was a minature Shephard but there is no such thing. they even had a photo of two dogs that were suposed to be the "parents". they were just German Shephards, I couldnt resist i had to have to have him.

when we got him, he must have only been a few weeks old. His eyes were still milky blue and he was tiny. We took great care of him, he learnt straight away to sit and stay and the first night he slept in his basket in the bathroom, he fell straight to sleep, and didnt wake up till the next morning!

He has a few little funny problems about his appearence, not only about his teeth but he has also got a dinked tail, that he had sinse we got him. When he is walking fast or "jogging" he kicks up his leg as though some thing is hurting him. We got all these things checked out but nothing is wrong it is just one of his habbits.

The name tiger was an accident. His name was going to be Rocky but then one morning mum began to call him tiger. His teeth were normal when he was little it wasnt until he was about 7 months when they grew out wards.

I have another dog named Charlie who is a pure bred Border Collie, his dad originally came from Scotland so he was bred for hurding. We unfortunently live in the city but we have a HUGE backyard, he is very energetic. Charlie was known as the
    "gentle giant" when he was a puppy, he was much bigger than the other pups but he wasnt boastorous like the others either. He would play then when he was done he would sit and watch the others. He is my baby and i have to look out for him because Tiger bosses him around, as he was the 2nd to come into the pack, after Tiger.

Well thats my story about my lil babies, i love them very dearly, we get a few odd looks from people about tiger, and some smiles about charlie because he is beautiful. Often people ask what breed Tiger is becaus ehe is so odd looking, i wish i could reply.
    Unfortunently i dont have photo of him on the computer, but as soon as i do i will post one here

Mary Mc, Tiger and Charlie...Welcome to Pet Talk!! Your fur family sounds so sweet! Miniature Pinscher was what came to my mind too at first. Tiger sounds so adorable! Hopefully we 'll see some pics soon! Hope you'll stick around!

Welcome to Pet Talk,
    Thank you for sharing your story about
    Tiger and Charlie.
    I can't wait to see some pics too.

----<---<--<{(@

Hi, Mary Mc & welcome. Tiger sounds a great little dog. Many of the dog breeds from the Far East, like Pekes & Shih-Tzus & Tibetan Spaniels have bottom teeth that stick out. But they don't have pointy ears...but Papillons do.
    It'll be great when you're able to post a pic of Tiger. You must be proud to have such a unique & intelligent little dog.
    I live in Queensland, Australia...on the opposite side of the continent to you.
    Marie

Thankyou for all replying to me...i am fairly new here and soo i am just browsing around trying to make conversation. It is great that you have taken an interest in Tiger as he is a very paculiar dog

I am hoping to create my own web site and then i can put on as many photos of anything as i want...it just the creating of a web site that takes time
    well thankyou again and please tell me all about your lovely pets!!!

What breed is he?

Could your dog be a Lancashire Heeler, Mary? Are you sure that he is pure bred. ? If not a Heeler, which you should be able to find in one of the larger encyclopedias, let's have a few more details and I will see what I can do. Meanwhile, give him a pat from me.
    Juanita

Hi Mary and welcome to PetTalk. I think Tiger sounds like a sweetheart, and Charlie sounds like a big teddy bear. I have two Mini Schnauzers, Miss Daisy and Perry. Miss Daisy has teeth like you described, they stick out in the bottom of her mouth. However we feel it gives her charactor and I'll be it does for Tiger
    too. It was wonderful hearing about your pups and I will be looking forward to maybe seeing some photos and watching for your posts.
    Jackie

hey Juanita,
    I have never heard of that breed before so i will look it up some where, okay i did just then although they are very similar my lil tiger has a bigger head but i supose that could just be because he has buck teeth i am not sure if her is a pure bred though because he certaintly doesnt look like one :P I will give him a pat for ya, and i am sure he will like it very much

hello JackiesDaisy,
    thankyou for replying to my thread Charlie is very much like a big bear esspecially now as we are in winter and he has his winter coat. Because he is a Border Collie people think he is small, but he is really BIG and sooo cute ohh i just wanna give him a big hug now Your Miss Daisy sounds sooo cute! And what does Perry look like?
    Write about some of their crazy habits as they would be good to read
    bye!