Thread: Hiya Pet Talk!

Hiya Pet Talk!

Hi! My name is Makayla Barr, I am 13 years old and I am in love with dogs! Do my dogs look familiar? Well, my sister used to come here and lie her head off, I hope you don't hold that against me though. I have 3 dogs, Alaska, Georgia, and Buddy. They're the best dogs in the world, As many people would say about their dogs too

All about me- My name is Makayla Barr, I am 14 years old and I have loved dogs since...forever. When I was 2 years old, I moved from Everett, Washington, to Renton, Washington, we are thinking about moving the Monroe, Washington to live never my cousin, aunt, and uncle's place. I live with my parents, Kari and JC, and my sister, 16 year old Ashley, and, my brother, 5 year old Skyler. My first dog was when I was... 7 years old. We got Alaska, my first dog, I loved him like anything you've ever loved with your whole life and would die over. When I was 11 years old, I got Georgia, who was my dog. I trained her and took her to 4-H and did Agility training with her. I took her for walks and talked with her. When I was 13 years old, I adopted in Buddy, who... still isn't tame. So, thats pretty much me. Next are the dogs.

Georgia- Georgia is 4 years old. She is a white Boxer we bought from a breeder about 2 hours away from our home. The breeder was planning on getting correctly colored show puppies from her two pedigree fawns. She wasn't happy at all when the mother had 7 white puppies. She was responsible though, she spayed and neautered them all. We went to see the 6 week old puppy that was left, and had good feelings about her, so we brought her home and named her Pearl. Pearl was her name for about 3 or 4 weeks, and then we decided to switch her name to Georgia. Georgia is now a fussy little girl. She won't eat big treats, they have to be broken up, she doesn't like the really hard treats much, because she has to chew a lot, she doesn't like being in the dark alone, and she is scared of men. But all those qualities are hers, and that's what makes her unique. Georgia LOVES agility. We had a lovely trainer at The Seattle Agility Centre, where we took Georgia from when she was 1-3 years old. And then we built our own agility equiptment and taught her at home.

Alaska- Alaska is 7 years old. He is also a white boxer, but Georgia and Alaska arent related (at least not that we know of). There were several calls about adopting this 8 week old pup, but we were the first ones, the breeder decided we should be the ones to get their puppy. This breeder was much more responsible, she was happy to have a white boxer puppy. And she made us make a series of promises. Neauter him, train him, etc.. And we kept those promises. When Alaska was 5 or 6 years old, we started training him agility. He bolts across the course now and loves it. Through a series of years, Alaska has had, a tumor, a broken leg, and a pulled muscle. He's our 'problem' dog He is also very picky. Not about food or anything, but about outdoors. He hates cold weather and hot weather. It has to be just right. When you try to get him outside, he runs to mama for help. And mama protects him Alaska is also scared of thunder and lightning. He yelps and barks and whines and howls if there's a loud strike. He jumps the 6-foot-fence, and as a 7 year old dog, that cannot be easy

Buddy - Buddy, also known as Budmond, was pretty much a stray. He's a brindle Pit Bull/Australian Cattle dog (thats what we're guessing). Well, he had an owner, but one that abused him and didn't care if he was loose. One day he was down at our school romping around, and at the end of the day, me and my best friend April went to find him. There he was, being held away by a stick, an old lady with her kids was scared of him, so she threatened to jab him with a stick I stood up for him, and with my shy bravery, I said "That's my dog". She dropped the stick and didn't look at me again. I could tell she was extremely imbarresed. Anyway, days went past and April and I tried to tame this 'wild dog'. Finally, April caught him, with treats and coaxing. I got the leash on him and we dragged him home. My mom forced me to let him loose. So I did so. He stayed in our coldasack, and Georgia and him played together. Soon April had to go home and Georgia had to go inside to eat, so I sat outside with Buddy. I think he learned to be half way tame throughout those hours. I played with him and then he went into my neighbor's yards. And her dogs... I wouldn't call them tame. They attacked. Not just a bite and run off, but a vicious attack. I tried breaked them apart with a tent stick, but I couldn't. The two goldens kept attacking. My mom ran out and picked up Buddy. The two dogs ran into their backyard, as if they'd accomplished something. My mom checked him for injuiries and set him down, saliva covering him. At first he stumbled, and then ran home. The next days Buddy ended up following me home. And on Thanksgiving, I brought him out at least 1/4 of the turkey! Everyday I would bring him out something, from peanut butter, to bread, to steak. My birthday came up the quickest ever. And guess what? The pound came. And they found Buddy roaming around. They caught him. And he was in teh pound. I cried and cried, on my birthday. And didn't want anything to do with anything. I sat on the computer, moping, and then my mom came home. She came upstairs. And there he was. Baloon wrapped around his collar, and a collar that said 'BUDDY'. He was mine. Years have past now. He still isn't all the way tame though. He jumps fences, opens the screen door and runs until he can't run anymore, digs holes, barks at the doorbell, and pees on the rugs. I love him... sometimes. I trained him to do agility too, he plunges through the course like a maniac. Even though he's crazy, he's safe. And that's all to it.

About a year later we went camping with my friend, and her grandpa along with his three little dogs, Peanut, a Dachshund, Snoozer, a Dachshund, and his mini poodle, I can't remember her name. Anyway, they couldn't keep Snoozer, the gray 15 year old Dachshund. We took her home, feeling sorry for the obese girl. She was so obese that it hurt her when you picked her up. She was so friendly and loving though, and I wish that day I came home from horse camp my mom wouldn't've took her back to my friend's grandpa's, I still miss her Awhile later I was looking through a dog book and found a dog that looked just like Snoozer, which had Breast Cancer
    Last edited by zoomer; 04-13-2006 at 03:36 PM.

Welcome to Pat Talk, yup, my first thought was that "I know that dog!" - Georgia's black spot on her white head is quite memorable!!!

VERY NICE INTRO young lady. Very thorough and interesting. You write very well for a young person. Good job and see ya around on the PT posts!!!

Yes - I agree with Bob's Dad. I read every word... Did chuckle at coldasack though! It's cul-de-sac! Still A+

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Welcome to Pat Talk, yup, my first thought was that "I know that dog!" - Georgia's black spot on her white head is quite memorable!!!
    Yes it is. She's very unique with that spot

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    VERY NICE INTRO young lady. Very thorough and interesting. You write very well for a young person. Good job and see ya around on the PT posts!!!
    Thank you! It's my top subject in school. I enjoy writing and I write stories about dogs on the computer, it's a hobby of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Cat's Meowm
    Yes - I agree with Bob's Dad. I read every word... Did chuckle at coldasack though! It's cul-de-sac! Still A+
    Thanks. I've never known how to spell cul-de-sac Now I do though! Thanks!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Welcome to Pet Talk. I, too, am impressed at the quality of your grammar and spelling for one so young. It's refreshing and encouraging to see that in someone your age.

Now for that dog's name - Georgia - that's MY name Great name if I do say so myself

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

And who would deny another Georgia?

WELCOME TO PET TALK

Hope ya enjoy PT
    R.I.P. Spike....poor baby...Well we all know where all our past animals have gone....Spike you are in heaven with my Baby and i will get to see my baby again and I miss him... but he is just fine in heaven.

R.I.P. Spunky

Hiya Pet Talk

Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the pictures & talks..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcomes

Welcome