Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things can never go too smoothly ::sigh::

Things can never go too smoothly ::sigh::

I took Callie in this morning to get her staples removed and now her incision is infected. She has been put on a week's worth of Clavamox and I have to wash her belly once daily with a betadine/water mixture. I put her back in the laundry room for the day because I'm afraid that all the jumping around she's been doing might not have helped her healing. The vet said "her incision didn't look like that while she was here" made me feel really bad. I'm a bad meowmie.

I also have to take her in to the vet school in six months to have them take a look at her heart. We still are not sure if she has a murmur due to a hyperthyroid condition or if it is heart disease. She does have some heart disease because she has a leaky valve but it is not the hypertrophy case yet. If it isn't the worse case, the vet said she may still lead a normal life...

My poor girl.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Hey - you are a GREAT meowmie! You got the scan and the surgery and went majorly out of pocket for it. I shudder to think what choices unloving parents(I dare not call them 'purrents') might have made!

When you talk to your vet - you might ask if there was anything you could have done differently. After all, short of duct taping Callie to the floor, how can you keep her from being a cat?

She felt loved and much better, and that's why she was jumping around.

Good luck with the heart checkup...a vet school will hopefully have access to the newest techniques around, and hopefully cat-loving students as well!

hugs
    Catty1

Now, now.... you are a great Meowmie! Things like this can happen. After all, cats will be cats! It sounds like you take very good care of Callie, getting her the testing and medical help she needs! Don't be so hard on yourself. Give Callie a little kissie and cudddle with her! You both will feel better!

Don't blame yourself, please! Things like this can happen!!
    Callie will get better, thanks to your excellent care
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Maybe the vet was just thinking, YOU thought she got that infection there?

Infections happen no matter what we do so don't blame yourself! You are a wonderful cat Mom!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor Callie...

Don't worry... and don't blame yourself either.. You are a wonderful Meowmie.. and she will be better in no time.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Poor Callie, and poor you. You are fine - you have done your best for her, and it's so hard to take care of a sick animal - they can't tell you what they need, and you can't explain to them what's best for them. A ray of hope: my mother's cat has a heart murmur, and she has been fine all these 11 years. I hope that 11 years from now you can say the same for Callie.

Thank you for your comments. It is just hard to see her little belly and know that I could have done something to prevent it...like having removed the stupid tails from the toy. She wouldn't have eaten the back end if I had done that. At least she is easy to pill.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

The Found Cats feel so Sorry than Callie is not well and has infected stitches,that they are Fixing Kitty Bags for Callie and Her Meeowmie.
    You are a Good Meeowmie,and Callie is lucky to have you.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You're doing everything possible. Bad Vet - Mean Vet! Passing the buck vet!
    Hope you shrug off the guilt trip he laid on you - you're a good Meowmie.

Things can never go too smoothly

You a bad Meowmie? No way, no how!!! None of this is your fault, how could you anticipate Callie eating the mousie's tail? Callie knows you love her and was so excited to be back with you she just couldn't keep still. Please realize these things happen and Callie will be fine. Prayers continue for both of you!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Sarah, you're not a bad meowmie. You're a very caring, concerned, and loving meowmie. Infections can happen and cats don't make the best patients. I hope that the antibiotics will clear it up and I'm glad to hear that Callie is easy to pill. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her. Please take care.(((HUGS)))

What everyone said! You are such a loving, caring meowmie, there's probably nothing you could have done that would have stopped her from being active. Sure, you could have confined her to a cage (cruel, in my estimation), but she would have been more stressed and unhappy that way. Cats will be cats. That will never change.

You are lucky that she is easy to pill! I'm sure a lot of us would trade places in a NY minute!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

thoughts coming your way, girl.

you are a million times better at being a cat meowmie than a huge percent of cat owners. dont worry about that.
    give callie everything you can and just do your best. we're not all purrfect.

Finally I got catsters for my beauties!!
    http://www.catster.com/?260059
    http://www.catster.com/?260064

I love my precious kittens and I hope they have long and happy lives filled with love.

Cats and dogs arent pets, theyre family members that need the same respect as humans. Would you dump your children out in the countryside to fend for themselves??

Why do vets seem so cruel sometimes? When we went into the vet on Thursday, mine asked? "So what have you done to *my* cat?" I about went off . . . got REALLY defensive! My husband said I looked & acted like I was going to roll some heads! She backed down and after it was all over, tried to offer me a job, LOL. I don't really know what my point is, guess just that I know how you feel - being accused of something by your vet - made to feel like you're at fault for Callie's infection - when that could happen to anyone - especially with such a MAJOR operation! But we know that you're doing the best you can. You're a great meowmie! Just hang in there & stand your ground!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~