Thread: Hey, everybody

Hey, everybody

I know there are some people who rarely venture down to "General," but there's a new project we're working on that could use your help. Please see here.

Good idea! My contributions:

The following are excellent links to animal welfare organizations that provide information on feral cats, spay/neuter assistance, pet adoption, animal rescue programs, and more. (from AzCATs website)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    AzCats
    www.azcats.org
    AzCATs serves as a leader in Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) by developing and implementing innovative programs to humanely end the breeding cycle for feral and other free-roaming cats.

Pets 911
    www.pets911.com/
    Pets 911 provides accurate, community specific information needed to encourage better care for pets in communities throughout the United States. Visit this link to learn about pet care resources and rescue efforts in your community.

Arizona Animal Welfare League (AAWL)
    www.aawl.org/
    The Arizona Animal Welfare League (AAWL) is the largest and oldest "no-kill" shelter in Arizona. Visit their on-line adoption center.

Arizona Beagle Rescue (AZBR)
    www.azbeaglerescue.com/
    Arizona Beagle Rescue (AZBR) is a statewide 501(c)3 non-profit, all-volunteer animal welfare organization dedicated to saving homeless beagles through rescue efforts, adoption and education on the breed.

Animal Defense League of Arizona (ADLA)
    www.adlaz.org
    ADLA is a statewide animal protection and advocacy organization.

Alley Cat Allies
    www.alleycat.org
    Alley Cat Allies promotes nonlethal control for feral and stray cats with Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) programs that effectively reduce their population by sterilization - not euthanasia.

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
    www.bestfriends.org/
    Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is the nation's largest sanctuary for abused and abandoned cats, dogs, and other animals.

Alliance for Companion Animals
    www.az4animals.com/
    The mission of the Alliance is to effect positive social change and create a community-wide network of resources that ensure lifetime, loving environments for all companion animals. AzCATs is a voting member of the Alliance.

Cat Positive
    www.catpositive.org/
    Cat Positive was established to provide an alternative to euthanasia for asymptomatic FeLV and FIV positive cats.

American Humane
    www.americanhumane.org/
    American Humane is an excellent source of information on a variety of animal related issues.

Maricopa County Animal Care & Control (AC&C)
    www.maricopa.gov/pets/
    Click on this link to learn about pet adoptions, licensing, shot clinics, lost and found pets, and more!

Animal Balance
    www.animalbalance.org/
    Animal Balance works collaboratively with the local authorities and the community on the Galapagos Islands to organize a Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) program. Collectively, they will humanely stabilize, then reduce and control the number of cats and dogs. AzCATs supports this effort and is working to help them with their TNR project in May of 2004.

World Animal Net
    www.worldanimalnet.org/
    World Animal Net has resources for animal rescue organizations.

ADLA's Spay Neuter Hotline - for low cost spay/neuter information www.adlaz.org 602-265-SPAY (7729).

Altered Tails www.alteredtails.org 480-563-4351
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

The Animal Welfare Association,to whom I ofter refer has a website at awa.xux.net.
    There are so many Great Cats here for Prospective New Guardians in the Hamilton,Burlington and Dundas Area.
    Please take a look maybe You can order those Big Cat Nip Mice.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hey, everybody

Hey grand idea Karen & thank you.. I truly support shelters all I can & tell anyone I can to adopt from shelters.. I know all of my babies I have adopted from different shelters..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I have adopted one cat (my first and only foster, I lasted half an hour before I knew I couldn't do fostering!) from East Providence VSA - Volunteer Services for Animals. Here is their web site, with the list of places for RI and MA.

[url]http://www.volunteerservicesforanimals.org/files/local%20animal%20shelters.html

PawsWatch is working on the feral / stray population in RI. Here is their web site:

http://www.pawswatch.org/

In every city, just about, there is a Humane Society Amimal Shelter. Many cats and dogs are brout there and stay for a while. Some "Humane shelters" refuse to put them down and just hold them longer.Thats where i got all 13 of my cats and my two puppies.
    The cat is a respected animal in that he is deceiving yet trusting, lethal yet clam, and funny yet sober. The cat may have woken up late but is still the smartest animal in the Zodiac race. The rat is just a lieing cheater.
    -The Zodiac Cat

Bailey Update

BAILEY the 10 year old Munchkin has setteled in and let the rest of the crew know when not to be bothered. He enjoys my wife I while whating TV.
    I just wish we had enough room to take all the ones in the shelter, but we did take one more "LENNARD" he is about 2, all white, and very vocal abouot what he wants and when he wants it. He is just a big lover no matter what.
    These are are frist shelter cats all of our others were strays or found.

These are great! Anymore updates anybody can share?

I know there are some people who rarely venture down to "General," but there's a new project we're working on that could use your help. Please see