Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Betty and her kits- cuteness overload #94

Betty and her kits- cuteness overload #94

Ok, so we live in a house that consists of two flats. We are living upstairs with Kiri and Orion and Christine lives downstairs. With Mollie, Jeanie, Karlo (who are cats) and 3 rabbits (who live in the garden) and even some fishies.
    Christine has a wonderful catproof garden, so from our balcony we (and Orion and Kiri) have a little zoo to watch. Christine is active in rescuing- so all of her 3 kitties are rescues, the 2 white ladies come from Mallorca while Karlo is a Bavarian local.
    This is Karlo- he is a big guy and you can see he has a purrfect life.

Now something happened: Christine went to a bbq party and there was that kitty who gatecrashed the party. She was pretty but not in good shape, obviously she had a bad URI and she looked pregnant. Christine began to investigate and found that her former owner had passed away and the relatives just left her outside, fending for her own.

So Christine took her to the vet first and then decided to take her home. Turns out, her URI was only a little cold, nothing dangerous. She IS pregnant alright and seems to have had babies before. She spent a week in Christine's bedroom and we found she has a lovely purrsonality- cuddly and sweet. However she didn't tell us her name.
    Since this weekend she has met the other kitties - it went rather well although there was a little trouble between the cream pink lady and Mollie and Jeanie. We think it is maybe because she is prgenant and feels very protective.
    And so without much further ado:

Here is our pregnant girl, looking much better after 2 weeks of regular feeding and some vet care.

And we would be very happy for some name suggestions. What do you think?
    Last edited by Barbara; 10-23-2011 at 11:00 AM.

*Squeal* a female orangie! WOW! I've heard that orangies tend more to males than females, so she is very special. She has a soft round face!

A pox on that owner's relatives! He / she would be sad to know pretty lady was booted out to fend on her own! (hmm, considering she's had kits before, maybe not??) Anyway, she is one lucky gal!

Nice that she has a great purrsonality, too.

BTW, yes Karlo seems to have a very hard life, got himself all worn out, ha haaa. Give him a cuddle from me next time you see him!

Oh and Orange-Buff female. Beautiful.

You could name her after some famous redheads?
    Or gatecrashers?

Raising Red-Heads
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, what a sweet, beautiful pale-orange girl!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

She is indeed beautiful! Maybe you could call her Strawberry as her colouring is strawberry blonde? I used to have a Welsh cat with the same colouring whom I called Morgan Le Fay after the red haired witch of Arthurian legend. Please give her some pets for me.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I instantly thought "Beth" as a name, as I have a very pregnant human friend named Beth, who has one little blonde daughter and is expecting her next any day now!
    I've Been Frosted

She is so lovely! A female orangey is rare, but I have seen them. There is an orange in my neck of the woods called the Valencia Orange. I think Val would be a good name for her.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Apricot. Appy for short.

She is beautiful!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

She's gorgeous and I hope that her pregnancy will go smoothly. I had an orange female cat growing up and I never knew that they were rare until I heard about it here on PT. I like the name Peaches for a female orangie. I named my female orangie Puff because she was a long haired cat.

I was going to suggest Elizabeth after Queen Elizabeth earlier.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Genevieve?.. Iphigenia?..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Clementine??

What a gorgeous new kitty you have in the building! She will fit right in with all the other gorgeous kitties already there! She needs to be named after a particularly lovely readhead.

She is stunning and such an elegant young lady!! When I think about elegant redheads and fame - the Redgraves come to mind ... Vanessa perhaps

Thank goodness for wonderful people like you and your neighbours - this lovely little girl will be spoiled in no time at all
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I still vote for Beth - Elizabeth the First might be one of the most famous redheads ever, and was considered a great beauty in her time!
    I've Been Frosted