Thread: Advice please...

Advice please...

My friend started smoking. I don't know what to do... I have mixed feelings of anger towards her for being so stupid and I feel bad because she shoulden't start. Should I tell someone?? I know she would be SO angry at me for it. And it's her own stupid fault that she started in the first place. She tells people at school about it... probably because she wants people to think she's cool. But it's NOT.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

She will live to regret taking up the habit and by the time she realizes she shouldn't have, she'll be hooked. She will be treated like a second class citizen, smoking will not be permitted in a lot of places and people will avoid her because nobody wants to breathe second hand smoke.. Smoking is NOT cool, it is just plain stupid in todays world! You can tell her Miss Laura said to tell her that.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    She will live to regret taking up the habit and by the time she realizes she shouldn't have, she'll be hooked. She will be treated like a second class citizen, smoking will not be permitted in a lot of places and people will avoid her because nobody wants to breathe second hand smoke.. Smoking is NOT cool, it is just plain stupid in todays world! You can tell her Miss Laura said to tell her that.
    I'll definatly tell her. Both my parents smoke, and I hate smelling it. I will never start... EVER. It makes your house and clothes smell awful.

I told her she'd get yellow teeth and wrinkles faster and she'll turn ugly. I only told her that so she'll rethink about smoking.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

[QUOTE=dab_20]Both my parents smoke[QUOTE]
    same here and I hate it so much. It painful too look at them rotting away.
    I sit behind a person that smokes in class and I just can't stand smelling her. It more strong on her then normal.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Being that your friends is schools age, and selling cigs to someone under 18 is illegal, where is she getting the smokes?

My friend is 13. She is getting them from her 'new friend', Matt. Who I think might steal them from his parents.

Flatcoatluver...
    I know how you feel. I hate seeing my parents have smoker's cough and they just look older so much faster. I really don't want to lose them earlier than I should.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I will probably be in the minority on this one but, I don't think you should tell anyone. Yes, it is very sad but it's her choice and her lesson to be learned. I have no sympathy for smokers and it's her decision.

From personal experience, telling someone isn't *ALWAYS* the right choice.

It won't take long before her parents realize it, just from the smell on her clothes alone is a dead giveaway. Let's hope they do something.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks for the advice. I knew I could count on PTers. I won't tell anyone about her. She will have to learn her lesson herself.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

great advice has been given and if she offers you one, please say no.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

If you have already let her know how you feel, then leave it at that. There is no reason to get involved anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses
    great advice has been given and if she offers you one, please say no.
    Yeah, I will for sure say no.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*