Thread: I joined a gym!

I joined a gym!

I have never had a problem with my weight. I was described as fit and thin, but never too thin. Well that has changed. I miss high school gym class and walking a ton to classes in college. It's been almost 3years since I graduated college and I'm ready to be thin again. I'm not overly heavy, but I want my old body back. Still this is the biggest I’ve even been and it’s time to lose weight.

I'm totally motivated now and I love my gym. In case my motivation dwindles, are there any motivators that work for any of you?
    Also, how about diets or any other advice?
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I am going to the gym not because I want to lose weight - I'd love to turn 4-5 pounds of fat into muscle though. I go because I feel good, because I deserve it, and because I paid 529 USD for a year . My gym is a club where you can only buy a one year card for 529 dollars or 80 dollars per month. In Moldova this is huge money, and I hate to waste it.

I especially like the yoga class. It makes me feel great, not to mention sexy.
    I see all those 45 - 50 years old women that look great and have fun and this motivates me a lot.

Thanks! $80 is a lot a month. I pay $20 a month. It's called Cardinal Fitness and it's a chain. I don't know where they are but you should check it out if there's one near you.

Edit: Oops I just realized you're in Europe. I don't think the have Cardinal fitness clubs there. I should have looked first.

Congrats on joining the gym! I joined the YMCA last fall after losing about 50 pounds and wanting to continue to lose weight plus tone up. Also Christa here motivated me - she goes!

I have to admit I've been having some struggles with going regularly the past several weeks but I think it's because I had to take a little time off from surgery and I got a bit lazy. I really do feel better after I go and I can definitely tell it's working as far as how my clothes fit and my stamina.

From Decker with Love

I would love yto join one but due to how I work, I would be paying for something I don't use half the time.

I can tell you this though, walking a lot takes it right off of me. While I was at the hospital with Eddie that first 7 weeks he was there, I walked off 18 pounds while eating like a horse! I wish there was somewhere I could walk while off and at home.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

congrats on joining! my parents and i joined a gym and i think we've went a whopping 3 times! hopefully you'll make it there more then we have!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I've been 4 times in the last 5 days and I'm going again tonight! I love it and I already have tons of energy!