Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixed Breeds

That's interesting!

That's wrong. Don't know how to explain it... but it's wrong.

I agree with Sunni. IMO, that's not right. There should only be ONE father to a litter.

If it's used under the condition I noted before, I don't see a problem with it. Why do y'all think it's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    If it's used under the condition I noted before, I don't see a problem with it. Why do y'all think it's wrong?
    It just doesn't seem right. I can't really explain it... but all animals should not have to have two fathers just to have a variety of puppies in one litter.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    It just doesn't seem right. I can't really explain it... but all animals should not have to have two fathers just to have a variety of puppies in one litter.
    They DON'T have two fathers, remember: an egg can only be fertilized by ONE sperm. They do DNA tests to find out which one is the father of each pup. Think about how much time, money, and effort breeding takes when done right. This is a very good thing.

Niņo & Eliza

i know some setter and bichon breeders that do the "multiple sire" thing. i don't have anything against it as long as it's done properly.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

NOT HUMANS - Not Exactly Anyway

It might not "seem" right because we love our dogs/pets so much and they have such unique and different personalities that we often think of them as being "human". Now I know that this can be contoversial - especially amongst fellow dog lovers, but when dogs mate, there is no love. They have no attachment to each other and the physical act is in no way romantic love. It is pure instinct. No feelings, no emotional fallout. A pure physical, natural response by the bitch and sire.

So don't think of them as two people in love. A caring and devoted husband and soon to be proud father. A mom who is being violated, etc., etc. They don't really process information that way. A female in heat is looking to get pregnant. Natures way of continuing the species. A male dog around a bitch in heat just wants to impregnate her - instinctively. A female bred with two separate dogs doesn't "have any problem with it". At least that's what "the dogs tell me"!

exactly my feelings, bob's dad

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    It might not "seem" right because we love our dogs/pets so much and they have such unique and different personalities that we often think of them as being "human". Now I know that this can be contoversial - especially amongst fellow dog lovers, but when dogs mate, there is no love. They have no attachment to each other and the physical act is in no way romantic love. It is pure instinct. No feelings, no emotional fallout. A pure physical, natural response by the bitch and sire.

So don't think of them as two people in love. A caring and devoted husband and soon to be proud father. A mom who is being violated, etc., etc. They don't really process information that way. A female in heat is looking to get pregnant. Natures way of continuing the species. A male dog around a bitch in heat just wants to impregnate her - instinctively. A female bred with two separate dogs doesn't "have any problem with it". At least that's what "the dogs tell me"!
    I can agree with that