Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Seal Killing!!!

No More Seal Killing!!!

I have immense respect for Sir Paul McCartney. He and his wife are in Canada on a mission to convince the residents and Prime Minister of Canada to stop seal killing once and for all. I just saw a news clip about it and he was petting a baby seal. Brought tears to my eyes to think that these precious creatures will soon die at the hands of a club and a bunch of @$$holes who see them as $$$$$$$.

Way to go Sir Paul!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Here is more info about the seal hunt.

Seal Hunt

Ugh, seal culling really gets to me. Seal pups are the cutest little things and are so helpless, then some big guy comes along with a club...horrible I'm glad Sir Paul is doing something about it.

The fur always looks far better on the seal than on some rich person

Zimbabwe 07/13

It's threads like this that make me embarrassed to be a Canadian.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

i posted about it.. heres the thread and theres a petition to sign also.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99804
    Its very sad,since i'm canadian,and it makes me very ashamed that they still do this...

Why can't they put all the effort into injecting the adult seals with contraceptives? Those poor seals have enough to contend with without Sir Paul descending on them (kidding! I think he's great too)
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Slick, and other Canadians....it isn't being Canadian that taints you, as you are not for the 'problem'. Please don't think any other way.

I have signed the petition and sent it on to three friends, remember all of us at sometime are not proud of what our country does, the best thing is to try and make a change, that is what really matters, by signing this petition that is one step in the right direction.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I have a question.. What about the Meatrex? Is there a petition about that?
    If not, then how sad is it that wild animals have more rights then the ones already in people hands.

If the no-kill seal law pass' then seals will have more rights then pets.

Not trying to argue, just opening other doors that some don't think of.

Also,

Look at whats happened to the deer population after people were scared & told that hunting is wrong & so on... Its out of control, to the point that the latest # I heard was 50,000 deer inside the city of Ottawa! All the deer I ever saw there were thin, or bloody mess' all over the roads & ditches.
    Has anyone ever watched a deer get hit by a car & then slowly die? Ya its something that wont get out of my head, its a burned in image. Not only was it painfull to watch it get hit, then slowly die, but its also such a waste of food! If there were more people hunting the deer, there would be less accidents & starvations.

I was all for the seal hunt as long as it was done by the book! Which means FAST deaths! When you see a seal hunter, slowly killing a seal, or a seal flopping about in a pool of blood, or 1 being skinned alive, ALL THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!

Did you know you can physicaly kill a dog aslong as its a quick death. I don't mean you can walk into someones yard & kill a dog. But lets say a dog bit your kid (just a little nip, not attacking), you can go up to the dog & beat it to death with a 2X4 as long as you keep beating it until its dead & not letting it drag its body in pain until it dies, must be as quick as you can do it. Which also means you can kill the dog with your bare hands (however you cannot hang the dog)...

In my personal opinion I think that people really need to work harder on pet & livestock laws & then work on hunting "methods", regulations & enforcement (thats the big issue) not stopping hunting all together, as thats bad for every human & beast.

King,
    I don't know anything about the Meatrex, so, I cannot say much. But, just because there isn't something going on over every cause out there doesn't mean this one should be diminished somehow.

And, I might point out that ACCIDENTLY killing or maiming a deer with a vehicle is a bit different than INTENTIONALLY killing an animal for its fur. Sheesh.

Why can't we just admit that what goes on with the seals is awful, inhumane, and senseless?

Hunting, as a 'sport' is just so wrong to me. Some sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Hunting, as a 'sport' is just so wrong to me. Some sport.
    Hunting isn't just a sport! Its retards that turned hunting into a sport that ruin it for the rest of us!

Sport hunting is when there is a prize involved, like money or the head (GROSS!!).

Hunting is when the whole animal is used, food, clothing, blanket, etc.BIG difference!

Want to know WHY hunters (not those retard sport hunters) get excited over a kill? Because they tracked, waited in the rain & mud or heat for DAYS until they found a deer to shoot. They are happy because they can now go home with healthy food.
    Hunters work their butts off making sure that they can can kill the deer in 1 shot. No hunter enjoys a suffering prey.

Also hunters don't use deer urine, camo & other sport hunting crap. All they need is a good gun, weeks & months of practice & deer tags to make a good clean kill (meaning the animal falls dead on the spot).

edit.. opps didn't see the "as a sport" in your post.. but the info is still good for those that don't know there is a difference.

Johanna you wrote my thoughts exactly, i agree just because another cause is not being dealt with , does not mean we should ignore this one, and yes it is time we just admitted it is barbaric end of story, the can of worms has been opened again.

Personally i can never understand how anyone can enjoy hunting an animal, i hate it when we have duck season shooting here, none of us are hungry and need to hunt for food,not in your country or mine, for those who do to survive well that is a different story all together.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    the can of worms has been opened again.
    There is nothing wrong with a polite debate. Its when people start calling others horrible things or bashing the hell out of their opinions is when its bad.

Debates are always good, seeing only 1 side of something is never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Personally i can never understand how anyone can enjoy hunting an animal, i hate it when we have duck season shooting here, none of us are hungry and need to hunt for food,not in your country or mine, for those who do to survive well that is a different story all together.
    Do you enjoy eatting contaminated meats? ewww
    What I mean is that the cows in the usa are pumped full of drugs & hormons. That stuff stays in the meat of the animal & then humans eat that, which gives them cancers & all sorts of other issues.

Deer are wild, no drugs or hormones pumpped into them.

However the hormone issue isn't in canada, that is banned here, but antibiotics & what nots are still given to the cows, which are still harmfull to humans & our pets.

Thats why hunting is good.

What goes on with these seals really has nothing to do with "hunting".
    There is no HUNT, it's a slaughter. What kind of "hunt" stalks a prey who
    can't get away. There is no chase. The female seals have their babies to
    think of & won't leave them in danger. The young ones cannot swim away.

Some sport is right.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt