Thread: Mount Everest...

Mount Everest...

Remember my friends Michael and Carolyn who climbed Mount Everest last year? Well, they're leaving for Nepal in 2 weeks to do it again. They'll be gone for 3 months, leaving Otto (cat formerly known as Tucker) in the care of a fellow photojournalist.

She'll be staying at their house. They asked me to do it. I would LOOOOOOOVVVVE to. 3 story Victorian House and cat I am in love with!! Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to bring my cats with me because my darling little fat boy, buttcheek MooShoo and he have "issues". I thought about going back and forth from Hartford to New Haven, but now that I'll have a full-time job, it just won't happen.

Michael has taken a sabbatical from the newspaper to write a book about his climbs on Everest. He is THE most talented photojournalist I have ever met (second to my Dad, of course!! ) His wife, who is a journalist with the newspaper is also going. I love these people to DEATH!! I worry so about this climb. Although Everest is beautiful from afar, it is VERY dangerous. But Michael is an expert climber and is going to a group he has climbed with before.

They're going to set up a website so they'll get emails. They're going to bring me back a Yak bell too!! (minus the Yak, of course)

Please keep them in your PT Prayers for a safe return. Thanks guys.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Adorable picture! Wow, that sounds really exciting. There's a couple here that go to Nepal every couple years, they have the best photos! (he's also a talented painter) Will you post their website? I'd love to see their trip! And maybe they can find a small yak to bring back?

That sounds scarey and even for the experienced climber, it is dangerous so I will keep him in my prayers.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

You take the bell I'll take the yak they have great spinnable wool. Hope they have fun
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Cyber-sibes,

That picture of Otto was taken by Michael. I'll definitely post the link to the website once they have it up. I'm on their list and I should get it before they leave in 2 weeks.

I watched a program on the Travel Channel about climbing Mt. Everest sometime last week and they talked about this one particular side of the mountain that is THE most dangerous. That is NOT the side the crew will be going up. Thank God, although any side isn't exactly a cake walk.

Corinna,

Deal. One yak coming up!! How long does it take you to spin wool?? I LOVE knitting so some yak fur would be nice.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

depends on how much gaurd hair is in it that has to be removed. also the amount you want done.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel