Thread: Doggy Steps from "As Seen On TV"

Doggy Steps from "As Seen On TV"

Just curious. Has anyone seen these advertised on tv? It's 3 steps and it costs $29.95. It's used to help small pets get up on the sofa or bed easier. Has anyone actually bought one? I ordered one for Daisy and I got it yesterday. You assemble it yourself(really easy) and it has a little carpeted cover. Of course, Daisy is scared of it and would rather try to fly up on the very high sofa in the tv room. I'm always afraid she's going to fall backwards and break her little neck. With some work, I hope she'll get used to it eventually

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Looks like a very good idea, but a tad expensive for me. I would probably just bung a cover piece of foam down to help the pups up.

Hey, I just googled it, and on the website it is priced at 39.99, so it looks like you got a deal!

I saw it, I though it looked like a real deal because all of the other steps in magazines are near or over $100.

Niņo & Eliza

Thanks ladies. I thought is was $39.99 too and at one time I heard on tv, "Call now and get two for the price of one". The As Seen On TV website online ordering wouldn't give me that deal though. I have checked prices at Petco, PetSupermarket, and Petsmart and their prices were $100 or better. I guess I did get a good deal after all. Now if Daisy would use it, I would be happy

Jackie: I thought if I could buy some plywood I could build one myself but after thinking about it, I said forget it. I'm not handy at all. In the bedroom I have a low, flat stool for her and she has no problem with that. Sometimes I just can't understand her I guess I need to get down on the floor and see things from her view-maybe I could understand how she thinks better

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yes, we babysat for two small dogs (chihuahua and tibetan spaniel) for a week in November and that is what they used to get into bed at night. I thought they were great. I hope Daisy gets used to it soon. Well, maybe if she sees Delilah using it she will get the idea.

TERRY, DAISY AND DELILAH,I HAVE A RAMP FOR CHICA.I got it a long time ago when I first got Chica. She was so small I had to get the ramp so she could go up and down from my bed to go potty.I was surprised she liked it. She uses it all the time and you can move it where ever you want. I use it for her to get on the couch to. This is good because she won't jump and hurt her leg joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    Just curious. Has anyone seen these advertised on tv? It's 3 steps and it costs $29.95. It's used to help small pets get up on the sofa or bed easier. Has anyone actually bought one? I ordered one for Daisy and I got it yesterday. You assemble it yourself(really easy) and it has a little carpeted cover. Of course, Daisy is scared of it and would rather try to fly up on the very high sofa in the tv room. I'm always afraid she's going to fall backwards and break her little neck. With some work, I hope she'll get used to it eventually
    I have seen these before and thought they were a great idea for small dogs.
    Maybe to get her used to them you could put treats/cookies or whatever she likes to eat on them. I'm sure she'd like the steps in no time

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sounds like a good idea. MOlli wouldn't need one, she can jump super high... maybe when she gets old we will have to look for one. I will be in my 20's by the time that happens though. lol

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I'm pet sitting right now for a lady with two dashunds and she has one so they can get on the couch. I think it's great especially since that breed is due to back problems.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thanks for the replies everybody and the advice. I'm still working with Daisy. She'll go up the steps but not down. I'm still trying to get to her point of view. I think the step looks too far away for her to come down off the top of the sofa. Anna: I tried the treats on the steps and it did help a little. She's just so scared of anything and everything so it makes things like this really hard for her. I'll keep trying

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!