Thread: Poor Shadow...Vet Update!

Poor Shadow...Vet Update!

Yesterday Shadow and Mini got in a little fight, immediately afterwards we checked them both out and no injuries were noticed. When Shadow came up to eat last night we noticed her face was very swollen I'm pretty sure its because of the fight, I don't know what else it could be from. Is there anything we can do for her, I feel so bad...

She is acting 100% normal, but you can still tell its a little painful.
    Last edited by k9krazee; 03-06-2006 at 03:49 PM.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Of course, taking her to the vet and having it checked out would be the very best thing to do for her.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Definately!! They are all due for their shots so we'll have them check her out then But we can't get in until Monday, so I was wondering if we could do anything in the meantime...

I'm not sure what you should do. Is it an open cut or a swollen bump?

I hope Shadow feels better soon!! ((hugs)) For you, Shadow.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Oh no poor girl. Yous are in my thoughts.
    Are there any puncture marks or anything? Anything wrong with the inside of her mouth? Without knowing what caused it it's hard to tell what to do about it.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I hope the vet visit goes well with it. That's how Maggie got a salivary gland cyst (Belle got irritated and bit at her head/neck pretty hard before I could get them separated). If you want to see more info about that situation, I gave a very lengthy explanation of how they occur and the treatment Maggie had, etc. in the 'bump on dog's face' thread, also here in the dog health section. Best wishes for a quick recovery!

If kitty will let you I always bathe the wound and dry it well and put Medi Pulv on it, this is a antibacterial powder used for humans, but is perfectly safe for cats, I checked it out with my vet, I have even cleared up many a bad wound on my older cat, it might just help the healing process, not sure if it is available in your country but there might be something similar, i swear by it, has healed many nasty grazes on my kids as well, and abcesses on the cat too, good luck hope all goes well at the vets.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks guys. We are going to the vet in about an hour. Yesterday it started leaking blood and pus and it has gone down a considerable amount. I looked in her mouth, everything looks normal. I think that there is a small punture wound, and thats where its leaking. I'll let you guys know what the vet says

Sounds a bit like the puncture wound has formed an abcess, still if the stuff is coming out that is usually a good sign in my experience, probably just need some antibiotics to clear it up properly, let us know how shadow is doing.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well, just back from the vets. It was crazy! We took all of them because we weren't sure who was due for what But we found out that Shadow is actually only turning 10 April 2nd...not 11 Oh well, thats even better

He said it was most likely caused by the fight...and she's on antibiotics now...

So happy to hear that the vet thinks it will go away with the antibiotics. Good for Shadow (and good for your pocketbook too)!

WOW, I was going to say that I think she will be fine. And then I read on and saw what VT had to say and ultimately what you've gone through. Good thing no-one listens to me!!! Good luck and I hope Shadow feels better soon.