Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leonardo's MOST Annoying Habit!

Ok, Mocha is TOTALLY guilty of the "You-just-cleaned-the-box-now-I-GOTTA-go!!" Her other annoying habit is "Door Dashing" which you would think she would have learned not to do, because she gets sprayed with water EVERY time.

Bonzo's annoying habit is he has learned this YEOWL. It is most pitiful. He had some kind of episode last year and was rushed to the White Coats. He has learned that that particular YEOWL will make Mommy & Daddy Stop EVERYTHING and come running.

Both Beans are VERY guilty of weaving between the legs to make you do that funky little dance only to look at you with such disdain when you start to lose your balance.

Pepper door dashes (all the time now) and will silently slip out if we're not watching closely....

Max hides under the bed and attacks you...

Max, Pepper and Milo all like to try whatever your eating. Doesnt matter what it is, they want it :/ If they dont like it, they play with it....

Max like to suck on ears which is OK sometimes, but at 3am or when your trying to watch a movie...

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

I caught Wylie CHEWING on my toothbrush the other day! (and yes, the bristle end)
    accckkkkkk! our toothbrushes are now out of reach in the cupboard.............

Pepper likes to jump in the litterbox after it's just been cleaned and he also likes to jump up in bed with me in the wee hours of the morning and knead my neck and chest and then drool all over me. Storm likes to rub himself all over me so then I have to grab the pet hair pick up tape to get it off me. He also likes to walk so close to my feet that I almost trip. Sunny likes to meow very loud in my ear to wake me up and this is at 4-5am. He also likes to play in his water dish so much that it sometimes looks like he's been swimming. As soon as I clean up the water, he plays in it again. What am I going to do with my crazy kitties?

Most Annoying Habit

One annoying thing that Vinny does is to sidle up to you as you're sitting or standing and act as if he wants you to pick him up. (He rubs around your ankles and purrs and looks very cute indeed.) Then, when you reach out to grab him, he evades you by either ducking or stepping back just out of reach. He seems to find it quite amusing to watch you stooping and swiping at thin air! GRRR!

So Vinny's a sidler??? (I'm thinking of a Seinfield episode, don't mind me)

Actually, my cat Wylie does that too very annoying

Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Sunny likes to meow in my ear
    And I guess Sunny would be a close-talker!

Sidling

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to be subjected to this behaviour. Vinny certainly has it down to a science! The worst thing is that he quite graciously allows me to pick him up and cuddle him some of the time- just often enough to keep me coming back for more. I think he uses this "bait and switch" routine just to remind me who's boss. (Hint: It isn't me!)

to lennie

gee , Vinnie and Sydney have the same habit :rubbing your leg and just when you decide to pick him up , he jumps out of reach .........
    Not funny you know , as with my bad back , it is not so easy to bend over quickly .......
    CATS ..... who could ever live without them ???
    ( I couldn't )

Re: Most Annoying Habit

Max does this but I *think* he is playing with me cause he doesnt do it all the time, just once in a while...

Originally posted by Lennie B.
    One annoying thing that Vinny does is to sidle up to you as you're sitting or standing and act as if he wants you to pick him up. (He rubs around your ankles and purrs and looks very cute indeed.) Then, when you reach out to grab him, he evades you by either ducking or stepping back just out of reach. He seems to find it quite amusing to watch you stooping and swiping at thin air! GRRR!

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

Originally posted by 4 feline house

And I guess Sunny would be a close-talker!
    I had almost forgotten about that one! Sure do miss Seinfeld!

Bassett's most annoying habit is her drooling.. it isn't the average drool.. I swear she has a faucet in there somewhere and she turns in on the minute she jumps on my lap.. EXPECIALLY when I have shorts on!! EEW!! Tilly is just bad for sticking her nose (which is usually cold and slimey) in my face, which I really don't like!

The only thing that Tinky does that is CRAZY is every time I clean out the litter box she jumps in there RIGHT AFTER I AM DONE and uses it !!!!!
    oh, all my cats do that...once, before I could even finish scooping it out, Muffin AND Cookie got in the same one and sat rear to rear!!!!

The only other one that springs to mind right now is when I want to get a photo of Livvy, most of the time she tries to get away. **Uh, oh - little flashy box on Momma's face again. Things gonna get REAL bright soon. Must slink away.**
    LOL Muffin or Cookie never did that, but the 2 new ones both do!!

How can anything so maddening be so darned lovable?
    LOL...How can anything with such a sweet face, be so..awful on the other end!!
    the litterbox is the worst part of owning cats!

I am afraid that Trevor is guilty of most of the above too. His most annoying habit, though, is walking on me and meowing very early on a weekend morning. Actually he does it every morning but the weekends are the worst. I try to turn over and ignore him but it's hard to ignore a LOUD 20 lb. cat. After I feed him he goes back to sleep and I am wide awake
    Yes it is annoying to be awaken by a cat--whether it's a 20 pound cat, or a 9 pound cat, they all have the persistant meow!

LOL!!! Yes Pippo ALWAYS drinks out of my glass too - I have no idea why..
    Cookie was always, ALWAYS doing that. we had to really guard our glasses, she thought she was human, she preferred drinking out of glasses instead of bowls!!
    Here is a pic of her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes, Tubby does all of these, and Peanut most of them.

To me though, Tubby's most annoying habit is when he sniffs me. He usually does it when I have shorts on. He'll come over and start sniffing my legs. The irritating part is that his nose is usually wet and cold, and he will just ever so lightly touch my leg with his cold, wet nose. If the periods here are his nose, this is what it's like . . . . And sometimes when I'm laying on the couch, he'll come over and do that to my face. It's like little kitty nose kisses, but it's not nose kisses and I hate it - don't know why, just do.

Peanut's most annoying habit is that she won't come upstairs at night with us when we're watching TV. She always stays downstairs, being anti-social. If I pick her up and bring her upstairs, she will stay.....until someone goes downstairs. Then she follows them down and never comes back up. I feel bad for her sitting down there all by herself and I guess that's why it irritates me is because she doesn't seem to notice that I'm feeling bad for her. She obviously prefers being down there, and I should just let her be, but I want her to come upstairs and be part of the family. Oh well, whaddya gonna do?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Tough cookie that picture is great!!!!!