Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miles needs Pet talk Prayers Update on miles

Miles needs Pet talk Prayers Update on miles

Due to an not so great neighbor upstairs One of Gina's kitties Miles her orangey boy has gotten him self hurt . His back leg appears to be broken . She needs prayers as it seems it is a bad break and will require surgury. She hasn't found a vet that will take payments (still looking) Those of you knowing Gina know she wouldn't ask for any thing but , I will does any one know of any pet grants or help orginazations that could help her.
    Last edited by Corinna; 03-02-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

If the neighbor is at fault, I'd suggest approaching that neighbor to help with vet bills.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

It was a guy who had lived there before.

Well, this organization came up in the general topics:

http://www.imom.org/

Surely they would help someone like Gina who is helping so many cats. Please keep us updated so we can rally round and send donations to a vet if needed. Gina must be extremely upset.

Lizzie,

I was JUST going to suggest IMOM. Great idea!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't know of any organizations other than IMOM. However, there are lots and lots of (((((Hugs))))), prayers and good thoughts heading Mile's and Gina's way! Things have just got to get better. NY so far hasn't been very kind. Fingers crossed that luck will head their way!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I received a PM from Gina and she has been in contact with IMOM. It sounds like they are trying to help. The stumbling block right now is that IMOM requires a written estimate from the vet so that they can make sure what treatment they are being asked to help fund. But, to get the written estimate, Gina would need to pay for a vet visit and some tests. Money is so tight right now that she just can't see how she can come up with extra funds.

Now, I know she'd never ask for herself, but I'm sure we are all willing to help out a little. If you are up to giving up a latte or 2 and would like to send the money to Gina, please PM me. I will ask Gina if it's okay to give you her mailing address.

It sounds like Miles needs our help as quickly as possible. If his little bones are set soon, he has a very good chance of healing completely.

Thank you.
    Lisa
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

This is too urgent for us to send money by mail. If Gina will let us know the name of her selected vet, I, and anyone else who wants to do so, will call that vet right away and give them a credit card number and amount. This should be done today. Miles should be in the care of a vet by tonight.

Lizzie ~ I have PM'd Gina asking for this information and telling her about your generous offer. What a great idea! I had no idea that the situation was so urgent. I hope that Gina will take you up on your offer. Lisa

I'm glad you think it's a good idea. I realized afterwards that I may well have sounded high-handed. It's just that I'm at work, coping with a number of deadlines and several crises, but really concerned for both the cat and Gina - so I keep popping in and out, making fast posts.

I've been helped by other people so many times, especially when I was younger, and those people always said the same thing "pass it on". So, when I can, I "pass it on".

hello,

first of all, thank you corinna for starting this! I didn't know where or how else to start this and ask for good thoughts. with so many things going on around here - right now, a couple problems with IMOM (possible of being disqualified), stove repairguys are here and how miles is, to keep an eye closely on him (a hand on him for his breaths too because I can't hear) and am in heavy tears, I'll have to make this really short for now.

lizzie, thank you so much for thinking of that! because of kuhio able to send over a donation to me today, (a big thankyou hug) I made an appointment for miles tonight at 6PM. see, I now could at least pay a vet visit but I found to pay $200 extra (for deposit) of him staying overnight which is not on my hand right now - do you think you could help with that too?

tonight at 6PM only for consult and exam fee and hopefully some more pain killers if they're under my budget as of what I have on me right now, and would probably have to take miles back to home with me regardless if the surgery is required, most expensive operation. his back left femur would have fallen off completely if there were no skin connection. I'm just hoping for another miracle alterative treatment.

gotta go - sorry for typos if any seen, and thank you all for who would keep us in your thoughts & prayers! ((((hugs))))
    Last edited by Gina's Ark Inc.; 03-01-2006 at 05:46 PM.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

bless you guys for this we all know she would never ask for any help .See Gina I told you you had some great freinds.

Gina - I just sent you a pm for your vet name and number, but perhaps you want to post it here. Miles needs help and people want to help him. I'm relieved that he is going to the vet tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    Gina - I just sent you a pm for your vet name and number, but perhaps you want to post it here. Miles needs help and people want to help him. I'm relieved that he is going to the vet tonight.
    Gina ~ Same here. (I've sent you a PM). If you'll give me the vet contact information, I'll phone them and give them my credit card info. That way you won't have to wait for the check to get there all the way from Alaska.

I will keep Miles and Gina in my prayers...
    Van
    Tux and Pesca's meowmie