Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uppiedate - I'm STILL pregnant & Connor is hurt again

Uppiedate - I'm STILL pregnant & Connor is hurt again

Hi everyone,

I know I have been pretty scarce at the moment - the last week has been such a rollercoaster of emotions - my due date (27th Feb) has come and gone, which is VERY frustrating as my Mum and Dad arrive at the end of March, and I was hoping the baby would be around 5 weeks old when they arrived, so they can get to know her when she is alert and not just feeding and sleeping all the time!

I am going back to the doctor on Sunday, and I will have another scan and exam - there is a 99% chance that they will induce on Monday - which I am NOT thrilled about, as it will make the labour much more intense, but she HAS to come out soon!!!

Now on to the news about my poor Connor boy!!

About 10 days ago I found blood on the kitchen floor - only a few drops - so I know the cats had been fighting again, but I could not find any wounds on either of them.

A few days ago Connor was walking around in the kitchen and a HUGE absess near his tail-stump ruptured - there was goo all over the kitchen - it shot about a foot in the air! I rushed him to the vet, and he was sedated and cleaned up, but he now has a hole in his skin and flesh about 3 - 4 inches long and over an inch wide! It can't be stitched as the surrounding flesh is dead, so we just have to try and keep it clean whilst his body repairs itself.

Of course I have him in isolation - I can't risk Ally swatting or biting him on the open wound, so he is locked in the guest bathroom. (I could have left him at the vet but I figured he is better off at home, he doesn't like strange places). Up to now he hasn't been able to lick the wound (too fat to reach there) but now it looks like he has lost a bit of weight over the past week, and he can now lick a bit, so I need to check back with the vet to see if he needs one of those plastic collars.

Ally really is a piece of work - she hates Connor when he is around, but after being on her own for a few days she seems very clingy to me, and seems to be missing her brother. I let them see each other today - Connor has just got such a soft heart - he walked straight up to her and licked her face all over, whilst she hissed at him

I have serious long-term concerns about my ability to keep these two cats together - I can't keep them separated for ever, and Warren says that the vets bills from all the fighting are getting out of hand, and I may need to get rid of one of them. I am also really concerned about how Ally is going to be with the baby - I can't risk her biting the baby, and I have serious worries that she will do that!

What am I going to do if the worst happens - I don't know anyone who would keep Connor as an inside-only cat, and I can't rehome Ally without telling that she is aggressive with people and animals

I need some prayers and good vibes that I can sort this out!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I was just thinking about you this morning. I was hoping that we maybe had a new little Pet Talker by now! Good luck for Monday.

Also sending good vibes for the kitty cats! I remember my mum's cat had an abscess burst while we were on our way to the vets. Horrible it was, but not such a large area! Poor Connor.

Take deep breaths and donb't stress about it. You will sort it out.

Aw Julie, still pregnant?? It is frustrating when they decide to stay "inside" a bit longer . My sister had this twice!

Poor Ally and Connor.... . I pray that they won't hurt the baby.... . But IF they DO, remember that your baby is the most important for you! Let's hope it all turns out well, okay

Good luck with giving birth!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

OH NO.. i'm so sorry you are having so many problems with Ally and Connor. Tinky is agressive with other animals too... and Jupiter is such a sweet soul... it so frustrating when those little girls just won't behave.

Prayers on the way.. I really wish the best that they will straighten out. Maybe just maybe the baby can bring some peace between those two kitties.

I'm so excited for you.... i know that sweet baby is taking her time... but she will be here before you know it.. I bet you are sooo anxious to meet her.

Prayers on the way...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Julie, I was just thinking about you the other day. Let's hope that little girl of yours decides to make her appearance soon. I'm sorry to hear that Ally and Connor are having issues again. I hope that you are able to find a good solution.

Don't know if you will have time with everything going on - but maybe something like kennel drops would help Ally? TO calm her?

Or some cats are just meant to be "only" cats...prayers coming your way for a solution! Certainly check with your vet about the behaviour.

hugs
    Catty1

Im Sorry To Hear That Ally And Connor Are Still Fighting.
    It Would Be Sad If You Had To Find A Home For Ally Where She Would Have To Be The Only Cats,as Those Are Harder To Find.
    And Your Little Bundle Of Joy Will Arrive,in Gods Good Time Please Dont Worry.
    I Hope That Ally And Connor Can Reach A Detente.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

STILL pregnant? Of course, I have no other labour to consider, but, Jonah was induced, and I didn't think I had much worse of a time than others that I know went naturally. AND, my epidural didn't really take. So, don't stress about the induction. I think the bun needs to come out of the oven, and get some photos taken.

As to Ally and Connor. Shoot. I can't add much. I can't say that I can see Ally going over the the baby and biting her, at least for now. When the baby is up and around? I guess, but now? No. I would investigate a crib tent, for everyone's welfare. The cats (well, the 'normal' ones, anyhow) stayed so far from Jonah. Monte and Allie wanted to sit next to him, but, all others stayed (and stay) their distance.

I know the pains of separating two cats, as I have that with Georgie and Monte. I would prefer to rehome Monte AND Gus (as they are friends), then go through the lengths of keeping Monte from Geo. You ship me one of yours, and I will send two of mine!

Julie, good luck with the birth!

Question - has Ally always been like this, or is it recent?

Uppiedate - I'm STILL pregnant & Connor is hurt

So Julie still pregnant for now && maybe you will go into labor before Monday & all be ok && we will have a new PT family member ..

I am so so sorry to hear about Conner & hopfully that will turn out ok & a speady recovery..

Now Julie please dont get stressed to much {not good for the baby} & me & the girls send whisker prayers, head bumps & (((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Julie,

Sick of people asking, "Are you still here???? Is that baby ever going to come out?" Well, don't fret. If they induce, say the "E" word VERY LOUDLY!!!

EPIDURAL!!

Remember, pharmaceuticals are your friends in times like that.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh, Julie, hang in there! "Due dates" are such guess work anyway ...
    Perhaps if it comes down to it, you can find some lonely old person to take one of your cats. Poor Connor! What a big ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Julie,

Sick of people asking, "Are you still here???? Is that baby ever going to come out?" Well, don't fret. If they induce, say the "E" word VERY LOUDLY!!!

EPIDURAL!!

Remember, pharmaceuticals are your friends in times like that.

Sound soooooooooo familiar to me! Hope all goes well with you and by the time I get back here on Tuesday we have a new PTer!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Thanks for being here for me, my friends!

Catty1, to answer your question re Ally - she was an only cat for 3 years, and I only found out after I had adopted Connor that (1) Connor is deaf, which causes loads of communication issues between them and (2) Ally is very territorial and would be much happier as an only cat.

Johanna - In the short term I don't think it will be an issue - the baby and the kitties will have very little interaction until we start to spend time in the kitchen when the baby goes onto solids. I am very concered that sooner or later Ally will bite the baby - it's unfortunately just her nature.

Maybe I should look into getting some medicine to calm her down, and get it compounded and sent out from the states? (She is impossible to pill).

Donna - I am hoping for a natural birth, but the longer I wait the less brave I feel!!! I may opt for the Epidural if I am not handling the pain well!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about Connor and I hope that he and Ally will be able to work out their problems and live in peace. I hope that your labor will be an easy one and that your little girl be healthy. Good luck.