Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its Girl Scout Cookie Time!

When I was home in Vancouver for Christmas, I bought a whola case of Girl Guide cookies. They are delish!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    aha. I found this online...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramel_deLites

Samoas or Caramel deLites: These consist of a circular vanilla cookie about 2inch in diameter with a small hole in the center, covered in caramel and toasted coconut and then striped with chocolate. This is one of the only cookies in the group that has differences depending on the bakery. The reason there are two names is because while similar, the cookies have some differences. Samoas are circular, with an orange colour and are thicker from top to bottom, usually they also contain more caramel per coconut. While, the Caramel deLites are actually hexagonal, with a more yellowish tinge, and a more of the biscuit comes through in the flavour because of the lower caramel content. Overall they are both very popular, and most people never notice the differences.

Yay, I'm so glad it wasn't a stupid PC thing...hahahaha...I don't remember where I first saw the cookies and they were called caramel delites...but, I'm glad now to know they're actually slightly different. And, I'm not going crazy that there are actually two names.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I don't know any girl scouts this year so I guess I'll have to make a trip to the mall

My favs are the animal cookies that are dipped in chocolate on the backs. Yum! I try to only get 2 boxes a year though. And try to just eat one box and keep a box in the freezer for as long as possible. LOL Hard to do though!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I really need to get myself some girl scout cookies, they are so delicious! My favs are peanut butter sandwich and thin mints. The low fat lemons are not too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    yummy I love girl scout cookies! I like samoas and those new ones, cafe or something they're called. I like tagalongs too, but they are better homemade (they're really easy to make and oh so yummy!)

You thought what only happened in films?

I thought the whole girl scout cookie selling wasnt real, do they make them theirselves?

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy4paws
    I thought the whole girl scout cookie selling wasnt real, do they make them theirselves?
    The girl scouts themselves don't...but, the organization has bakeries and that's where they're made. But, yeah, the girl scouts themselves sell the cookies.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Got the call today mine will be here tomorrow.Yippeee
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

No girl Scout Cookies here either

From our period in the USA ('83), I still remember those delicious cookies! Our friends daughter Erica was a girl scout and was proud she sold cookies to somebody all the way from Belgium!!
    Oh no.... I want Girl Scout cookies , NOW !!!!!!!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thats weird that every state has different names for cookies and/or different cookies liike I have never seen the animal cookies dipped in chocolate and when we are selling them some people ask for them and I've heard of them. Over here in AZ we have Samoas, Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Cafe Cookies, Do-si-dos, Lemon Coolers, and Trefoils.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Caramel deLights! I like all of the rest too but I hate thin mints

Niņo & Eliza

Its Girl Scout Cookie Time!

In fact just bought a box over the weekend of my favorite Thin Mints..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I had my last box of girl guide cookies all wrapped up in the back of my closet, now they are all gone!!!

Why did I click on this thread.

My favorites are Samoas and Lemon Coolers. I LOVE Samoas. I don't think a girl scout cookie can beat them.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I am a volunteer for girl scouts and I love the thin mints.. I am going to buy a couple boxes this week.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I had a box of those Amazing Tagalongs! They were Amazing to but there is no more! What to do???