Thread: Pets in need - IMOM

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Pets in need - IMOM

IMOM is a great organization that you can turn to if your baby needs emergency veterinarian care. They work hard to raise funds for their applicants. I've posted many of their cases at this link: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=94886

There are a couple of new cases that need some help. If you can afford a donation or if you have treatment information please post it on each IMOM thread. We all know how frantic we get when our baby is sick so if you can offer suggestions or relate a similar experience, I'm sure they would love to hear from you. Thank you. Lisa

Spartacus - dog with bladder stones

Shorty - Rescue needs a mastectomy

Mack - dog with cancerous growth
    Last edited by kuhio98; 02-28-2006 at 05:09 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I tried getting on their web page but it wouldn't open. Duh, I typed imom.com, not imom.org.
    Last edited by smokey the elder; 02-28-2006 at 01:43 PM. Reason: fix web address
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Gina mentioned she couldn't get to their site either. I don't know what the issue is. The link in my posting (www.imom.org) works for me. If anyone else is having problems, please let me know and I'll contact them and see if there is a problem. Thanks, Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Please keep Mack in your thoughts and prayers. All funds have been raised and he is going in for surgery on March 8th. http://p088.ezboard.com/fimomcommuni...icID=145.topic

From Mack's family: Mack is loving and also traumatized by losing an eye that was removed surgically at a young age which traumatized him. He is also epileptic and currently taking medication/Phenobarbital twice a day. From time to time he has seizures. He still manages to keep on smiling when he comes out of them. Now we have the dilemma of him suffering from the pain of cancer on his back which Dr. Hohne says, "he will be removing". Mack on a good day is still active and full of life and love. Despite all the dogs we love them all. Like people. with the one eye that is left/he manages to transfer several emotions their is nothing wrong with his brain.

P.S he loves us as much as we love him and we are all equals in my home. hoping you will take into consideration so Mack can be relived from his pain.

Shorty

SHORTY- Funds were raised. She had her surgery and is recovering. You can follow her progress on the link.

From her family: Shorty had the surgery yesterday and I was at the hospital all day. Besides the mastectomy, Dr Goldstein removed three mast cell tumors on the side; these tumors could have burst any time and because the huge accumulation of blood vessels in the area, they would have killed Shorty. The surgery was tough and it took 2 and a half hours. At one point Dr Goldstein thought he had to put her to sleep but he kept working and managed to put it all together. I saw the mammary tumor that was taken out; it weighed almost 3 pounds. Dr Goldstein can't believe how strong Shorty is and able to survive such a long and risky surgery. I saw Shorty after the surgery was over and was waking up. She's doing remarcably well. The surgery may go over $1,800 because the mast cell tumor was removed and a vet tech had to stay with her last night. I hope we can raise the money to pay for it.

We are all just heartbroken We received the following letter from Mack's mom today.

Diana,

Thank you ,but Mack didn't make it through it was too advanced he was beeing put down.the cancer have been eating up his rib cage and Dr.Hohne realized he woudn't make it.he is going send back the ashes we are gonna have him cremated.I will get back to you in couple of days cause I am to sad so I was hoping that you would post of what happened of Mack

-yvonne dying inide

Poor Mack

Thanks for posting the thread - have saved it to my favourites and will try to donate on pay day instead of buying yet another lipstick that I don't need!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk