PDA

View Full Version : A Good Bit of News from Josie's Vet Visit

christa
02-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I had to take Josie to the vet today for her Asthma/Allergy shot.

Anyway, the good news is that she has lost some weight since the last time she was there on 12/22/05!

She is down from 14.9 pounds to 13 pounds!!!

She's not very happy of course! LOL Truth is, since Brodie has been having a hard time with his allergy to food, we have stopped "free feeding" and she has been STARVING to death all the time. But I discussed it with the vet and she agreed that it's probably best anyway since they're both overweight. (Brodie is right up there with her - I am hoping that he has lost some too)

Plus we have been trying to keep them more active. We got a laser pointer and they LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can actually tell a difference in their activity level all day now! It's like they're constantly looking for the light! It's so funny!

Just thought I'd share the good news!

kimlovescats
02-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Glad to hear she had a good check-up! ;)

catmandu
02-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Thats Good That Josie Could Take That Weight Off.
My Vet Was Mentioning That To Me As Well That Jjj3,princess And Michael Could Stand To Knock Off A Pound Or Two.
The Moose Is Almost Svelte At 19 Pounds,down 5 From His High Tonnage.
Thats Great News About Your Josie,and Despite Her Protests You Are Doing The Right Thing For Her.

momcat
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
It's always good to hear about a good vet check. Concatulations on that weight loss!!!

krazyaboutkatz
02-27-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm glad to hear that Josie has lost some weight.:) I used to free feed too and since I've stopped, I've also noticed that my cats are much more active and now they're also at good weights too.:) I'm sure that Josie and Brodie will learn their new feeding schedule soon. Good luck. :)

sirrahbed
02-28-2006, 06:41 AM
It looks like mine have ALL lost some weight in the past six months....having Boomer here has increased the activity level so much :D

I am glad to hear that Josie had a good check-up, Christa.

catnapper
02-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Wow, what a difference! I bet the vet was impressed and happy.

Way to go meowmie, and I bet Josie looks fantastic.

jazzcat
02-28-2006, 09:05 AM
That's good news! Wish some of that activity and weight loss would rub off on my gang.

christa
02-28-2006, 09:15 AM
That's good news! Wish some of that activity and weight loss would rub off on my gang.

Get a laser pointer! Have you tried one??? I just can't believe how much they love that thing! They're constantly running around looking for it! I has really perked both of them up! Made Josie into a kitten again! :)