PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad "demo dog"

catnapper
02-27-2006, 12:36 PM
LOL... I took Nicki into work today to see if she'd be good to use as a demo dog. Apparently Dog trainers are encouraged to bring their own dogs to work every night to show people what a properly trianed and socialized dog is like.

Unfortunately Miss Nicki was freaked over the car ride and pulled me all over the store. When she finally stopped that, she laid on the floor and whined any time I stopped to talk to someone. :rolleyes: I figured that would be her reaction (she is TERRIFIED of the car and is always a holy terror when we get out) and I figured being as old as she is, that she'd become tired soon after we got there.

Oh well, I tried and everyone got to meet my pretty girl.

She also picked out some new bones and got a new duck
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/MissNicki-Dudley.jpg

You have to know Nicki to know her behavior in store was completely out of character. Nicki never pulls me any other time. Never. Only when she's worked up over having been in the car. Poor pup :( She really fears the car, which is why I try not to take her anywhere.

gemini9961
02-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Well she got a toy and some treats out of the ordeal so it couldn't have been that bad. :D

Roxyluvsme13
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Aww. She's adorable and I love her ducky! Agreed with Amber, it couldnt have been that bad since she got a treat and a toy :D

cyber-sibes
02-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Have to chuckle at that photo - she looks like "Duck or no duck, this is NOT fun, mamma!"

Pembroke_Corgi
02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Poor Nicki....that must have been quite an ordeal. At least she got a new toy and some bones. She is so cute!! She has really lovely coloring.

kimlovescats
02-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Oops, maybe Niki isn't the best to be an example of how well your puppy classes work ... LOL ... but at least she is a pretty model!!! ;) :D

Ginger's Mom
02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Well, I am glad she got to pick out some bones, and I think her duck is awful cute. Maybe Nicki can have do a video tutorial for dogs who want to train over the internet. :)

Alysser
02-27-2006, 06:33 PM
AW! Nicki is so cute and very funny! :D