PDA

View Full Version : Abby's Obsession

catnapper
02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I mentioned my free water fountain, and it seems Abby has become obsessed with the fountain. She'll sit for hours upon hours just watching the water falling. Head cocked to the left, head cocked to the right.... waiting for it to do.... something

Watching....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Fountain.jpg

Waiting....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/watching.jpg

Drinking....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/drinking.jpg

Napping....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/napping.jpg

Hey Ma, this thing is great! I can play with it, it provides refreshment, and isn't such a bad nap buddy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/HeyMa.jpg

PS: Check out the water marks on the window. Thats from Abby. If I refill it and the water isn't flowing properly, she'll poke at the dome until it flows right. And in between each poke, she shakes the water her paw! :D :D :D

Donnaj4962
02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Oh My Goodness! :eek: Those pictures are sweet! I have been thinking about a fountain for my girls. You see, Sasha has enjoyed drinking from the bathroom sink faucet for about a year. She wakes me EVERY MORNING (usually before the sun rises!) :eek: and meows consistantly for a drink! Now, for about the past 3 weeks, Tabitha has decided that that is a pretty cool way to get a drink! So now she jumps on the sink and sits and waits until meowmie turns the water on. (She is not nearly as vocal as Sasha and is much more patient!) :D But poor Tabby, she is so small and petite that she cannot quite reach the stream of water so meowmie has to cup her hand under the running water so that she can drink from it! And often this is for a period of time and meowmie's hand gets so cold from the water!

Now it seems that neither of them will drink from their water bowls, but will ONLY drink from the sink! And meowmie is missing out on her beauty sleep (which she needs all she can get!). Soooo, I am considering one for the girls.

Of course, I am waiting for one to just magically fall into my lap as it did for Catnapper. So far, every time I open the door, all I see is (maybe) a newspaper. Maybe I am going to have to head out and buy one! :rolleyes:

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading! Donna

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
02-27-2006, 02:25 PM
My little cat Caramel would love that! He is obsessed, and I mean obsessed with running water. He likes to dip his paws in water and shake it off and sometimes cup the water in his paw and try and bring it to his mouth :confused: I need to really get one of those for him they would be constand companions! :D

P.S- Your kitty is a cutie! Don't you just love when they cock their heads back and forth!

catmandu
02-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Thats Not Only A Fountain,but One Of The Most Interesting Cat Toys That You Are Ever Likely To Buy.
And A Toy That Abby Probably Will Not Tire Of,anytime Soon.

orangemm
02-27-2006, 03:38 PM
My guys love their fountain. I have one of those little Japanese fountains (bowl with some rocks in it) that I used to have on the table. It kept running dry quickly and I couldn't figure out why...til I caught Archy lapping water from it.

So we got the fountain and now he a happy camper!

Glad Abby likes hers just as much! :D

p.s that one is Cool! looks like a spaceship!

kimlovescats
02-27-2006, 04:07 PM
How precious! That is one cool, and very spaceage looking fountain! :eek:

momcat
02-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Is it Abby's obsession or Abby's possession?

jenluckenbach
02-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Great pictures! She is REALLY intrigued!

Killearn Kitties
02-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Excellent pictures of beautiful Abby! She really is impressed by that fountain. :D

Sonia59
02-28-2006, 04:20 AM
What sweet pictures! :) Abby loves her fountain buddy, it's amazing! She's a happy cat! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2006, 04:29 AM
Aw Abby, you look like a very happy cat !!!
ps. Meowmie, where did you get this fountain? And what is the brand's name?

Pawsitive Thinking
02-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Sooooooooo sweet

jazzcat
02-28-2006, 09:13 AM
How funny!!!! Abby is so cute!

I have a fountain for my guys I keep in the kitchen window and the glass stays smeared and spotted from shaking wet paws too.

Rocky is the one who gets obsessed with it here. He has to be there anytime you do anything with it and he tries to chew on the plastic parts. The resevoir tank has long scratches from his teeth, goofy cat. :rolleyes:

AlleyCat
02-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Aw that is just cute! :) I have been thinking about a water fountain. Are they better than just a plain ol' water bowl?

elizabethann
02-28-2006, 11:03 AM
AAAAAAWWW....that's so cute. It's like she found a friend. What adorable pictures and cool fountain!

catnapper
02-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Aw that is just cute! :) I have been thinking about a water fountain. Are they better than just a plain ol' water bowl?
Oh my goodness -- the cats drink much more than they used to - which is good for their urinary health. they all love it. Allen is the only on who refuses to drink from the running water, but he simply uses the stuff thats pooled into the bowl at the bottom. The water stays cool, so I no longer have to add ice. They hold a lot of water so once a day refills are all I need instead of 3 or 4 refills (with ice) of the ordinary water bowl.

Meowmie, where did you get this fountain? And what is the brand's name?
It was given to the rescue by someone who said it didn't work. Ha! It works purrrfectly! Its a Catit drinking fountain - here's the link to the manufacturer's website Catit Drinking Fountain (http://www.hagen.com/usa/cats/addinfo/catit_fountain.html)

Until I got one of these fountains, I thought it was all hype to make us spoend $40 on something we didn't need. Boy was I wrong!

catfamily
02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
What a love.She's so beautiful Kim.
They love those water fountain bowls.I have 2 here that they enjoy also.But I keep the big ceramic dog bowls all over the house because they like cold fresh water every few hours.Spoiled brats!
I keep the 2 water fountain ones in the kitchen with a 75 ounce back up in the back of each one.It's great if your cat doesn't drink enough water.The movement makes them want it more :)
It looks like it's going to be a big hit in your house :D

rg_girlca
02-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh Abby, how adorable you are protecting your water fountain.
What a bunch of great pictures. :)

catfamily
03-01-2006, 12:55 AM
I had Mike look at your water fountains and now he wishes he got 2 of those instead.He was going to too, but ended up with the ones we got.I think he's going to order the ones you got.They look like a better quality :D

icedtea
03-01-2006, 01:38 AM
The way she was sitting remindedme of my Seafa. thats exactly what my two would do if I had a fountain.