PDA

View Full Version : Do your pets greet you at the door?

AmberLee
04-18-2002, 05:43 PM
My cats usually greet me at the door. When they don't, :rolleyes: :( it's my clue to go look for what mischief / damage they've gotten into in my absence. (I REALLY like when they greet me at the door.) :D

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2002, 06:06 PM
If Ralph is home and they are free to run the house, they always greet me. When they are home alone, Sadie is always waiting at the door, cause I come in the room she is in. Cincy however, can't get to the door because she is in the spare bedroom, but if I take to long getting to her she starts whining to remind me she is waiting!

LoudLou
04-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Louie has a "Lookout" window which faces the drive. He sits in there on his bench looking out the window until I come home. He greets me at the door EVERYTIME I leave. He's a Mama's boy.:o Garbonzo Bean meets me at the computer whenever I come home....and Mocha Bean MAKES us pay a toll to get through the kitchen. She awaits atop the Fridge for CHEESE.:rolleyes:.... Yes we pay her little bits of cheese.....:o We fall for it everytime.;)

anna_66
04-18-2002, 08:58 PM
If Mark's not home, they are in the backyard and are always there at the back door even before I get in the house. Then they need in RIGHT AWAY! it's dire they get in to see me. But, if Mark's been home, they just lay wherever they were and wait for me to come to them! Have me trained well hu?:rolleyes:

Crikit
04-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Both of them greet me, it's kind of amusing actually beacause Smudge will run up and down the hall or the steps or the yard kind of prancing (which is something to see all on it's own) and then Winter will decide that he shouldn't be doing that and will run after him barking at him...it gets kind of noisy at out house. So because Smudge is always the first to me he gets petted first...which he would anyways because he's higher up in the pecking order then Winter still, and then Winter will usually want to give me a kiss so she jumps on some piece of furniture and either gives me a kiss with a body wiggle or a kiss and a hug.

Pam
04-18-2002, 09:51 PM
The cats are usually sleeping when I come home. If they happen to be awake and doing some birdwatching they'll poke around the corner and see who has just come in. Bella also catches some zzz's when the house is empty. Sometimes I catch her doing a quick stretch before she comes to the door to greet me but usually she is there with the tail wiggling her little butt off. :)

toastco
05-04-2002, 08:53 PM
My sweet Dixie always with out fail , is waiting to welcome me home on the table by the door and in front of the window. That away she can keep a watchful eye out. Since Dave works evenings and I work days, she also sees him out the door when he leaves for work. She knows just what time I'm suppose to be home and has been know to fuss if I am late, according to Dave.! My three dogs Toastco Lady and Corrie are greeters also. They come on the deck the minute I get home and stand by the door barking loudly, until I give them a treat of some kind. Of course the expect a head pet , which they get. Mom to all of my beloved cats and dogs.

moosmom
05-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Absolutely! I have my very own welcoming committee greet me at the door every night when I get home from work. I love it!

C.C.'s Mom
05-24-2002, 03:29 AM
Cookie waits for me next to the front door when I'm out. I get greeted by a large collection of stuffed toys and balls in a very happy golden mouth, wagging tale and adoring eyes that say: mom, I missed you.

The cats only greet me when they're at home. Otherwise they don't really care :(