PDA

View Full Version : Pleased to Meet you

Misty_Pearl
02-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Hello, I just signed up to be a member of this board. I am 27 year old single Female who has loved animals my entire life. Animals have always been the key to my happiness. There isn't one I don't like. I have been owned by many critters over the years and now is no different. I am truely animal oriented and usually do things that involve animals. For example my vacations from work are taken to go to ferret shows, dog gatherings, etc.

One of my plans is to eventually own a doggie salon and have my own line of shampoos, clothes, toys and other stuff. I have a name picked out and what I want it to look like and also the uniforms that my employees/helpers will wear. I also want to offer training classes at my salon and also doggie daycare and kenneling.

Right now I work full time as a hospital pt registrar, puppysit my godpuppies during the week, attend college full time (taking a quarter or 2 off to train a new puppy), rehab any bats that come in and take phone calls from people who have found a bat, take care of my own furkids. My time is totally full. I hope to eventually find someone to share my life with that enjoys being as busy with critters as I do.

So on to introducing you to my family!

Picture # 1
BoRegard (on the L) and Izabo (on the R). These are domestic skunks. I bought Bo as a tiny kit and Izabo was a rescue from SkunkHaven in North Ridgeville, OH.

Picture #2
Tristan is a blue Pomeranian. He turned 9 years Nov 2005. Tristan needs to be the spokesdog for pomeranians. Most people that despise poms or dislike little dogs totally fall in love with him. He is a big sweetie always racing to meet new people and give kisses.

Picture #3
Boomer is a Parti Pomeranian who turned 8 years Dec 2005. Boomer is majorly reserved compared to Tristan and takes a while to warm up to new people. Once he’s used to you though, he’ll follow you everywhere.

Picture # 4
Misty is a Cream Sable Pomeranian and turned 9 years just this past January. She is a Mommy’s girl. When I went to look at the litter that included Misty, she growled at me. That growl was the whole reason I chose her. She is a gorgeous little Princess. That growl has never gone away! She growls at everything and everyone. She has never bitten anyone – she just likes to growl.

Picture #5
Minnie is my new Foster Pom. I got her in January and she is completely attached to my mother. Minnie is 9 years old. She came from a puppymill where she had spent her entire life in a cage having puppies. Consequently she is not potty trained and probably never will be. She wears diapers around here for accidents.

Misty_Pearl
02-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Picture #6
Ohanna (white ferret on the L), MoJo (Blaze ferret in the middle), and Isabelle (sable ferret on the right). Ohanna and Isabelle came from a home here in Greenfield where they could no longer keep them. Ohanna had not been spayed and went into heat and I had to have her spayed pretty quick. Isabelle has in the last year developed adrendal disease and I will be calling the Vet Monday so I can get the “Ferretonin” ordered and get her implants started. Mojo came from a home where they couldn’t give him the time and attention he needed. He is mostly blind but gets along fine. I just have to make sure he knows I am by him and getting ready to pick him up.

Picture #7
Titan is a rat that I fell in love with in a pet store in Chillicothe. So home he came. He is the tamest rodent I have ever had the pleasure of taking care of. He loves playing and scaring the cats and dogs. He has no fear at all! Titan is my first rat and I love him so much.

Picture #8
Nessa is a Florida Softshell turtle. I rescued her and her sister from a cold breeze at a flea market last September. In the picture she is just a little thing, she is now bigger that one of my hands, I have to use both to pick her up. Unfortuneately I am in the process of trying to find her a home as she will get up to 70 pounds (a fact I didn’t know when I rescued her) and I don’t have the space or the money to have a tank the size that she will eventually need it.

Picture #9
Nellie is a 15 year old grump. She is the funniest cat. I picked her out of the litter of kittens because she was the ugliest there and noone else wanted her.

Picture #10
Eve is a 3-4 year old cat that joined us when I found her infested with fleas under a chair on my porch. She is a strange cat, very easy to startle.

Misty_Pearl
02-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Picture #11
Ghost is a 2-3 year old cat that I began feeding about 1 year ago when she showed up on my porch. It took me about 3 months to get her to come up to me. She loves me and my mother but steers clear of everyone else. Ghost never meows, she can, she just doesn’t. She is a grand mouser and goes inside and outside. She prefers to be outside but comes in to eat and when it is extremely cold.

Picture #12
This is Melinda. I don’t know how old she is, as I inherited her from an uncle that died in April. She settled in so well for a cat that hasn’t been around any other animals her entire life. She plays with the ferrets and tolerates the dogs.

Misty_Pearl
02-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Pictures #13 -#17
On the way

Miss Kitty is probably 10 years old or so. She belonged to a family that lived across the street. When she got pregnant she came into our house to have the kittens and then the family moved away never once inquiring about her. Miss Kitty loved it outside and she goes out on a lead. She also loves kids and tolerates being packed everywhere.

Brimstone (my very own little hellcat), was just adopted from the humane society in January of this year. When we saw him in his cage we noticed that he had dumped his water, soaked his litter with some of it and was just about bouncing of the sides of the cage. Once we got Brimmy home I noticed why. He is an extremely active kitten, into EVERYTHING!!! Worse than any ferret I’ve ever had.

Pearl – my little goblin girl (French Bulldog) came home from a reputable breeder in January. She is another mommy’s girl and so much fun. She loves playing in water and racing around the house and harassing Brimstone and her godpuppies when they’re here.

Asher – godpuppy – Cairn Terrier. If Java is the most energetic then Asher has to be the most laid back dog I’ve ever known. He is very calm and tolerated anything. When Java takes a break from Pearl (which is rare) Asher gets his turn to play. He loves playing with Pearl.

Java – godpuppy – Miniature Pinscher and Schnauzer mix. Java is the hiperest (is this a word??) dog I have ever known. She is very bouncy and crazy. When she’s here she and Pearl play nonstop.

anna_66
02-26-2006, 07:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/WelcomeHello/hellogirlpink.gif
and Welcome to Pet Talk!

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a terrific (and large!) family you have:D
I can understand how they could keep you busy!
They are all beautiful, but I have to say I just adore the skunks! I've heard they make wonderful pets.

Well my name is Anna and I'm owned by these three
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/My-three.jpg

Not nearly as many pets as you have to say the least, but they do keep me busy. Expecially Bon and his messy mouth:D

Pet Talk is a great place and I look forward to getting to know you and your entire family!

Ginger's Mom
02-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Misty Pearl, and gang, welcome to Pet Talk. Oh my goodness, I am tired out just reading about your gang, I can't imagine having to keep them all fed, groomed, walked, played with and happy. Ginger and I love pomeranians (her best friend is a pom), and your four look precious. :) I would like to hear more about your skunks and turtle. Both are fascinating animals that I have very little personal experience with. I think I might like to have a turtle one day. Your cats are very cute, and sound like a handful. :)
Unfortunately the last five photos did not show up for me for some reason. I am assuming that is Pearl on you avatar. She looks like a cutie. Can't wait to see more of her. I am surprised to hear that your goddoggie Asha is so laid back. My sister has had two Cairns, and although they may be tolerant of many things, I would not call either of them laid back. :)
Anyway, it was nice to meet you and I hope to see more of your babies.

Kfamr
02-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!

I'm Kay & mom to three dogs and 2 fish. You can see my dogster pages in my signature. :)

There are a lot of Ohio people on here, my dogs and I try to visit everyone in Ohio atleast once a year.

Alysser
02-26-2006, 08:22 AM
WELCOME TO PETTALK! I am owned by a Maltese named Sasys and a budgie named Star! I also have 3 fish. What a great family you have :D I hope you stick around ;)

gemini9961
02-26-2006, 08:25 AM
What a family you have there. I too am interested in the skunks. :D Welcome to PT!!

k9krazee
02-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow!! Welcome to PT, what a great family you have :D I have to say, I LOVE the skunks!!! :D :D

My name is Ashley and I am owned by the critters that can be found in my siggy :D

Roxyluvsme13
02-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Wow what a family you got there!
POMS!!!!!!!
<<<<Pom obsesssed :D
My name is Briana and I am owned by the 4 seen below in my signature.
All your pets are adorable, and I especially love your Poms!

Misty_Pearl
02-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome!! I am thrilled to be here. Yes they do keep me busy but I love every minute of it (most of the time :rolleyes: ). Right now my godpuppies and Pearl are racing around the house playing before it's time to go to bed. They are fun to watch. These are my babies as I plan on never having children of the 2 legged variety. I finally got the other 5 pictures to upload so now you can see the faces that go with the names - yes that's Pearl as my avatar! :D

The skunks I have to say are great. They however arn't the pet for everyone. They are very skittish at noises and usually only play when the lights are off or dimmed in the evening usually 7-11pm or such. They love to cuddle under the covers. And when they want they will have you pick them up to hold them if you are sitting down. They despise Java and Asher, so usually I only see them when at breakfast and supper when those two are here. They are still adjusting to Pearl as she wants to play and they really don't like being chased.

I am uploading 2 other pictures - the humans of the house. The animals are only by thereself here for about 4 hours on Monday right now. Without my mother this wouldn't be possible, she is a jewel to have around here. I am the one in the purple...

Chica
03-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Nice to meet you Misty Pearl!!!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/DSC00177.jpgThis is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/paint_KagSYv.gifShe is a brindle chihuahua. My name is Sherry. Welcome!!

Misty_Pearl
03-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Nice to meet you Misty Pearl!!!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/DSC00177.jpgThis is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/paint_KagSYv.gifShe is a brindle chihuahua. My name is Sherry. Welcome!!

Ahhhhh!!!!!!! Chica is a doll! Thanks for the welcome.

Misty_Pearl
03-11-2006, 05:15 AM
Here is Pearl in Goblin Giggle mode...

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-12-2006, 10:39 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20780%20welcome.gif To PET TALK !!! You have a wonderful big pet-family!!

My name is Lut (Maya & Inka's mommy on the forum), and I live in Belgium!
I am owned by 4 wonderful cats, named Maya,Inka, Zazou and Snoopy. You can see them in my siggie :) . We also have a bunny Billie, and plenty of fishes in our pond. If you want to know more and see more pics, feel free to visit my web-site: The Pet's House (users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/)
Don't forget to sign my guestbook ;)

Misty_Pearl
03-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I love your webpage. Did you visit mine? www.impress.4t.com It's always in progress - but I wouldn't mind another entry in my guest book :D

Karen
03-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! That's quite a crew you have! Sorry you'll have to rehome your turtle - maybe a science museum or good nature center would take her, as they're such different creatures than the turtle we have up North! But I am sure she is grateful you rescued her from certain death. At least if she was at a place like that you'd know she'd be well-cared for!

What part of Ohio are you in? We have gatherings in a Dog Park in Findlay, OH sometimes!

lvpets2002
03-17-2006, 03:19 PM
:) ;) Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the pictures & talks..
WOW what a household you have & such a mixture of babies.. How so adorable they all are && I would bet they are all very intertaining..

zoomer
03-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi! I have 3 dogs, two white Boxers, Alaska, and Georgia are their names, and Buddy, a Pit Bull/Australian Cattle Dog mix. By the way, my name is Makayla :) You're dogs are gorgeous! It must be wonderful living with such adorable furkids :) Welcome to PT!

Lori Jordan
03-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Welcome

Misty_Pearl
03-31-2006, 02:13 AM
What part of Ohio are you in? We have gatherings in a Dog Park in Findlay, OH sometimes!

I live in Greenfield about 1 1/2 hours from Columbus. I have taken a vacation day for the memorial day Bark Park Bash. I can't find my info - is this in Findlay? I would love to bring Pearl to a dog park, I'm not sure of one that is close to me.

Misty_Pearl
03-31-2006, 02:18 AM
:) ;) Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the pictures & talks..
WOW what a household you have & such a mixture of babies.. How so adorable they all are && I would bet they are all very intertaining..

:rolleyes: :D Entertaining is an understatement LOL! They definately keep me on my toes. Pearl is learning "stay" this week. She is NOT happy to stay while her mommy walks away from her. While sleeping yesterday (I work nights) she drug all my rubber duckies into the bed along with some odds and ends.... :eek:

lv4dogs
03-31-2006, 10:31 AM
How on earth did I ever miss this post. Welcome to PT!!! What a wonderful array of critters you have there, so many of my favorites, skunks, ferrets, rats, cast & dogs, wow. I even love the decorations in the backgorund, native american items & the such. :p
I'd love to be a little more detailed but I am strapped for time at the moment. I hope to see & hear a lot more of you & the critters in the future. :D

Oggyflute
04-01-2006, 02:00 AM
G'day mate & welcome to Pet Talk. Such a large family! I must say Pearl is a real cutie. :)

Misty_Pearl
04-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks again guys. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been here - my babies have been keeping me busy! :D