PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

CagneyDog
02-25-2006, 11:03 PM
looked at a dog and new you loved it right away, but couldn't get it? I was at the petstore today and a rescue had a table with a few animals and I totally fell in love with a sheperd x named Jade. As soon as I walked in I saw her, she's just so fricking adorable. I stayed with her for almost 15 minutes. Man, she had such a wonderful personality. My mom was attached to her as well but she showed no interest in getting her.

Bahh, she had such an awful life too, she lived on a farm with several other dogs. They'd all beat up and attack her so she basically lived under the porch for a week and didn't eat anything. How completely awful :( I've thought of her all night. I feel so attached but I didn't even spend much time with her. -sigh- I wish I could of taken her home.

It just felt like it was meant to be. :(

Sorry for the totally random thread. I just can get her off my mind.

Daisy and Delilah
02-26-2006, 07:08 AM
It sounds like a special bond for the two of you. After reading your story, I can imagine how badly you really wanted to take her home with you. Is there any possibility? Gosh I hope so! If I were there with you I'd get her for you :)

Alysser
02-26-2006, 07:48 AM
She sounds amazing. I am glad she is away from that situation though. :)

Yes, I ALWAYS go through that. About 2 months ago my dad and me went to Petco and they were have a Greyhound Friends of NJ meet and greet or something. There was a Greyhound there with three legs. She was born with a mishapen leg and they had to operate. Anyway, she was the sweetest thing I had ever met in my life! I really wanted her. But it was a NO! :rolleyes:

In Italy, we went to a winery were they were giving away free GSD puppies. I loved one of them. He was such a sweetie and so playful. The guy said if they didn't find home he would keep them as "guard" dogs or just dogs that lived on the HUGE winery. They could be free to roam for about 300 acres. I knew I couldn't get one anyway. But if I was allowed I would have rejected them. They'd have a much better life being free and roaming where they pleased.

k9krazee
02-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Yup :( Happens quite a bit actually, especially when I spend so much time volunteering for the animal shelter!

I'm so sorry you weren't able to get her :( She sounds like a wonderful dog and I hope she finds a forever home soon...

Vette
02-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes unfortunately...

i made the mistake of going into a petstore. and there was this freaken adorable Pug mix that i feel in love with.. but the price was so outrageous we could have bought a new computer,, heck... maybe two new computers with as much as they were asking for him. :eek: