PDA

View Full Version : How do you amuse your pets?

Heather Wallace
04-18-2002, 05:00 PM
Small animals and even big ones sometimes are hard to entertain, so how do you do it?

My buns love their garden rabbit run, means they can eat the grass all day, they also have a new tunnel which they love to hide under when they know it is time to come indoors for the night.

Thay also have some little toys to chew, but most of all they like to hunt out where I've hidden to food.

todd
04-19-2002, 01:50 AM
I dont my cat amuse,s me.:D :D :D

LoudLou
04-19-2002, 02:07 AM
All three of ours Amuse us ALL the time... but if I want to AMUSE them.... We blow bubbles for The Beans or the Laser Dot. For Louie we have SEVERAL Tickle me Elmo's and various other "Talking" stuffed animals. They have to talk otherwise he won't play with them by himself.:o :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Catnip parties once in a while. Not too often. I don't want them to become catnip junkies. They have tons of toys too.:D

salana
04-21-2002, 09:23 AM
For my Syrian hamster, LuLu, the best way to amuse her is to put her somewhere she's never explored before (like the coffee table) and let her run around checking everything out and seeing if she can put it in her cheek pouches. Of course, this only works because she thinks she's escaped, so I have to watch and make sure she doesn't really escape.

My dwarf hamster Rorie loves to take chinchilla dust baths and groom herself, and when I'm holding her she likes to play the 'shirt game', where she crawls up my shirt to my shoulder and then slides down the front of my shirt. She'll play this several times in a row and look like she's having a lot of fun.

My insane dwarf hamster Kini likes to run in her wheel or in her ball. She also likes to get into Rorie's bath and kick out all the dust. Like I said, she's insane.

The best way to entertain my guinea pigs is to take everything they say seriously. At least, it entertains me to have them staring into my face as they squeak urgently. I also like to put them on the kitchen floor, where they'll run around in a little train, Doom in front and Flake following. Even though they bicker all the time when they're in their cage, Flake always follows Doom around when they're running around on the floor. They get the most amusement out of eating the houseplants they're NOT supposed to eat.

Daisylover
04-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Heather, I love the idea of hiding food for the buns to find! I will try that tonight. Otherwise they love to get a bunny massage, play with their toys and chew on the books I'm reading as I sit on the floor with them. Last night, just for kicks I think, Chocolate leaned over a BIT me, as if to say I wasn't giving her enough attention and then ran away!!! :D Kids these days!!! They just don't respect their elders!!! :rolleyes:

Oh, I've got someone puting Windows Media on my cpu tomorrow so I'll finally get to see your video!!! Thanks again. Progress at last!.

Oh, and I wanted to mention that last Saturday's POTD, Niles, is a twin for my boy Robbie.

toastco
05-04-2002, 08:36 PM
I amuse all six of my fur children by rolling Dixie her small rubber ball. She picks her ball up in her mouth and runs all over the house, talking with a MEOW MEOW MEOW. We say she is calling all kitties. Soon, the other five come running for the game of ball.The object is to catch Dixie and get the ball. She is so good at carrying the ball without dropping,while still Meowing, that the others very seldom get it. After the game all our ready for a cat nap. Dixie & gangs Mom

funnybunnygirl
05-19-2002, 07:54 AM
My little bun loves it when I create a human obstacle course for her.I lay on the floor on my side and she comes and runs around me. She also hops over me, then I pet her, then she hops back , and I pet her,etc.etc. cute!

Spacely'sMummie
05-19-2002, 01:36 PM
when Spacely runs on his wheel, its very amusing because he runs so fast some times he flips over.:o But when I have some kind of music on he gets up and watches me as if he can't see me:o

Sam's My Baby
05-23-2002, 02:05 PM
My gerbil, Sam gets amused pretty easily. lol. What she likes the best is exploring (or course cuz she is a gerbil and thats what gerbils do! :) ) It also amuses her whenever I give any kind of food to her, even if it is right out of the bowl she will sniff it, grab it with her mouth then run as fast as she can to the corner and eat it. She is also obsessed with her plasic tubes (CHEWING them lol:o ) She is also amused by tring to bury herself in her shavings and then go to sleep. :p :D

Heather Wallace
05-23-2002, 07:02 PM
I bought the rabbits a little tunnel so when they go out into the garden in their run they hide inside it. Sometimes both rabbits sit in there. I think it must remind them of being in a burrow or something as they have to squeeze in there.

06-22-2002, 04:47 PM
my husband made a low table to hide under !! Billie -the-bunnie loves it !!!!
Sydney goes nuts everytime I play mice-ball with him !!!!! Runs around like crazy then !!!!!!!!!!! lol

Daisylover
06-27-2002, 09:34 AM
Every once in a while I will let my bunnies into a room they don't get to go in very often. They run around playing Explorer, it's pretty cute. Or I'll let them outside, usually in the back inside their portable fence. To make it interesting though, we'll live dangerously and go out the front door, or even the side of the town house and explore there!!!

They seem to love new territory. I even took Chocolate down to the huge yard sale they had in our neighborhood and she was a big hit. We must have been there 2-1/2 hours. She sat under a huge pine tree and greeted the public very graciously... She let everyone pet her, even the very little folks! She sure seemed to enjoy the attention. ;)

Heather Wallace
06-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Yes it is funny to watch rabbits explore. My rabbits wouldn't have been as hospitable as Chocolate, they run away when you go towards them. The only time the come to me is when they know I have food and also when i kneel down to their level, they love to climb on top of my back.

Puppypower64
06-27-2002, 07:45 PM
I amuse my 5 pets by doing stuff with them and talking to them. I know it sounds goofy to ''talk'' to your pets but I think that they listen. I also do it by if I walk in a room I bend down and pet their face and say ''hi'' to them.

toastco
06-27-2002, 08:47 PM
I've always talk to my pets! They love it and I think they understand what we are saying. My babies expect me to talk to them! I treat them just like my children. I call them my babies. So, No its not goofy to talk to them:) Thats a good way to give them attention and amuse them:) :)
Mom to six cats and three dogs

Aspen and Misty
07-03-2002, 02:47 PM
To mause teddy (dog) you hide my mom (lol) like put her in a closet or under the desk. And Tell him to go find mommie. He once didn't find her for like an hour. But he never gave up. And when he finds her he barks and barks untill someone gets her out of where ever we put her. Or you tell him to get the kitty and he will herd them to you. With Chewy (dog) you just put on "ghetto" pants which are huge pants that flow at the bottom when you run. And you run, he will chase oyu and grab on. Chewy also plays soccer, he kicks the ball between his legs and I will kick it to him. Misty, (cat) all you need is a flash light, she chases it for hours. Buddy and Hoss, (cats) you just have to let them go outside, it is liek Heavon for them out there. Tundra (cat) all you have to do is pet her, she is the sweetest thing in the world, all she wants is some attention. Smokey (cat) just wants a fly to chase and eat, it make her very happy. Melony and hope (rats) they liek to come out of there cage to play the whats under this finger game. They will sit in my hand and grab my fnger and lift it above there heads. They continue doing it untill they deced there is nothing under there. Adn Guy (oscar fish) all you have to do with him is give him some fish to chase and eat.

Heather Wallace
07-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
To mause teddy (dog) you hide my mom (lol) like put her in a closet or under the desk. And Tell him to go find mommie. He once didn't find her for like an hour. But he never gave up. And when he finds her he barks and barks untill someone gets her out of where ever we put her.

Your poor mum, did she hide for a whole hour? That's dedication for you!:)

Aspen and Misty
07-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Yea, she takes her book with her so if it takes him awile it doens't matter. I wanna go and hide my mom in a field and see if Teddy can find her, I think we are going to try that next time we go to my grand parents. My mom loves to read so she didn't mind being locked up in the closet, it also gives her some alone time from her 5 kids and all the neighborhood kids who come over.

Q.T.
07-09-2002, 08:01 AM
My hyper kitten(7months)Simon bats marbles around and Sandy
my dog (5years)enjoys balls of all sizes and rolling in cow poo.

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Ebony and Dusty are so cute. I amuse my pet by holding him while he sleeps, he always manages to squeeze his little self into my arms for a nap.

Blackfly
07-25-2002, 07:14 AM
My cat Bisk is easy to amuse, just make sure you have your attention on her at all times and nowhere else, lol.
She likes her catnip bubbles, her laser dot, anything that makes noise, and of course, her favorite amusement, destroying all our toilet paper, including the rolls in the closet.

Bow and Arrow, our budgies, prefer to amuse eachother and spend most of the day chasing eachother around the room, but they also enjoy getting spray millet

Puck(Hedgehog) is happiest when he can run around the house by himself, sniffing and chewing and chasing Bisk, regular hedgehog stuff.

And Plug (Also Hedgehog) Prefers to just sleep all the time. So i gotta make him exercise.

Twizzlerboy
08-15-2002, 04:42 AM
Tizzy loves to run around knocking things over with his nose and standing up on his hind legs to reach a treat. He loves it when I sit on the floor and set up toys for him to play with. he also likes to come out in the living room and pull down branches from the christmas tree.

pink_giggles90
06-26-2004, 03:57 AM
my ferrets just luv to dig in their sand box i made them cheap and fun! i usualy put me feet in and they like to burry them and dig to uncover them.

hey:mommyoffuzzyfaces, do you have ferrets?? my old email was fuzzyferrets, isn't that weird?he he

:D

white tiger
03-01-2005, 05:22 PM
:) I GIVE MY CAT A CATNIP MOUSE AND A FEATHER BALL.:)