PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolf Organics??

gemini9961
02-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Here is the website. (http://timberwolforganics.com/)

Has anybody tried this food? They have a few different kinds. I got a sample today at the dog event I went to with Kay. Haven't given any to the pups yet, was wanting to get some feedback from anyone here who might have tried it. Does it look like a decent food?

Kfamr
02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I just let Simba & Nala try it, which they usually do not like kibble unless it's dinner time (any of it) and they gobbled it up.

I'm going to have to check out Munchies after work on Monday... On the Timberwolf website it doesn't list them as a retailer but, they are the ones who gave them to us so I wonder if they do or not? There is a retailer in Dunedin I might go check out their prices.

Anyone sell it near you Amber? The ingredients look good enough for me to eat. Especially on the Ocean Blue pack I got.

wolfsoul
02-25-2006, 08:09 PM
When Visa was on kibble I tried TimberWolf Organics -- I finally had to switch her off of it. She lost so much weight. All of her stools for a month were black and tarry (which means there is blood in the stool) piles of diahhrea. I had the bag left over so I tried the food on my foster puppy -- same effect -- Bloody diahhrea. Everyone I talked to who had tried it had the same experience. I don't know what it is about the food, it has great ingredients compared to most kibbles.

Kfamr
02-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Amber, I just read a bunch of forums searching for opinions on this food... I haven't found one REALLY bad experience! The only thing is pooping more often, which seems normal to me when people switch to a high quality food than what the dog is used to.

gemini9961
02-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Kay, I think you can buy from the website. I might have to buy some small bags of food of different kinds to let them try. I like Nutro but I want to try other things too to give them some variety.

Kfamr
02-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Bought a small bag of the stuff today... going to test it out.

Kfamr
02-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Had to share something funny from dinner...

I gave them half cup Nutro, Half Cup Timberwolf. I never saw them scarf down a bowl of food so fast and afterwards Simba was moving his bowl all around and flipping it with his nose looking to see if there was any let. He's NEVER done that before!

I'm not sure if we're ever going to switch completely, but for now we're just mixing it with their Nutro - It'll save a lot of money and give them a lot of what they need.

$10 for a tiny little bag though... ouch :(
$50 for the 33lb bag.

I did grab a few more samples from the store though. ;)