PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs like to get groomed?

anna_66
04-18-2002, 02:24 PM
We just got the dogs back from the groomers today, they look ever soooo beautiful! They are usually both very well behaved when they are there, but this time, the girls said Angus was howling (almost the whole time!) and he wouldn't let them clip his toenails, he was having fits:confused: He is never like that, I don't understand, unless it had something to do with going to the vets yesterday & he had just had ENOUGH! Just wondering about the rest of you?

Fuzzy317
04-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Our Eli is so excited :D when we go to the local pet stores, but he stops in his tracks as soon as we open the door to the groomers. He hates the water, strange since he is a collie/lab mix. :confused:

We take him about once a month, they do a good job grooming, but they cut his nails too short most times, so he comes back all "bloody toes". :(

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2002, 04:59 PM
We have nver had our girls groomed, their Lab-like coats are fairly easily maintained and with a good brushing every week or so they are good to go. Ralph and I trim their nails ourselves and they don't love it, but they hold still. :)

Pam
04-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Bella loves being in the water so baths are a lot of fun for her. We used to bathe and clip her ourselves but for the past 3 or 4 times we have taken her to the groomer's. I have been told she is a good girl. :) She does occasionally do a little excitement pee on the groomer's floor. It used to be when I would drop her off but now, on the times she does it, it is when I come to pick her up. :o

LoudLou
04-19-2002, 02:13 AM
Louie doesn't NOT like to be groomed. I have brushed him since he was a pup and it's still a fight. Bath time = Mommy in the tub WITH him.:rolleyes: And nail trimming takes about 4 people! 3 to HOLD him and 1 to trim!!!:eek: Glad he is an indoor dog so he is pretty clean.

staceyb_1986
05-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Well My cocker spaniel HATES going to the beauty shop! We were told that she was full blood because she tends to have bowel movements when we go! gag me! :eek: Last time she stayed at the kenel I had to carry her to the stall thingie....she is NOT a skinny dog! Well she does like one thing...coming home! :D

Stacey