PDA

View Full Version : UPromise????

Lobodeb
02-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Here's their website (http://www.upromise.com)

Has anyone else used or benefitted from this service? I just enrolled and am contemplating opening a savings account with them for my baby's college fund.

zippy-kat
02-24-2006, 06:31 PM
I've heard of it but never used it/known anyone who has used it.

The Vanguard group is a reputable company, though.

I work for a financial institution (red tape won't allow me to say "names" on the site - but it's not Vanguard) and I would highly encourage you to at least set up an appointment with a brokerage firm to discuss their 529/Coverdell programs. As my boss says, "It doesn't cost anything to talk!"

You are more than welcome to email me for the name of my firm but please note, I'm not licensed to sell/buy/give advice on stock, mutual funds, etc. and can only give you general information or refer you to a broker in your area. :)

Lobodeb... as in NM Lobos, perhaps? Do I remember something about the balloon fiesta or am I totally making this up? lol

*cough* Go Aggies! :D *cough*

Well, technically I guess, I'm a Red Raider now. Ah well! :cool:

Lobodeb
02-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Lobodeb... as in NM Lobos, perhaps? Do I remember something about the balloon fiesta or am I totally making this up? lol

*cough* Go Aggies! :D *cough*

YES, EXACTLY!! I'm so excited that you knew that!

GO LOBOS!!!!

http://www.teamline.cc/images/logos/new_mexico.gif

Also, thanks for the info.

gemini9961
02-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I joined and I don't even have any kids. Figured I'd get a head start for when I do. :)

zippy-kat
02-24-2006, 08:25 PM
YES, EXACTLY!! I'm so excited that you knew that!

GO LOBOS!!!!

http://www.teamline.cc/images/logos/new_mexico.gif

Also, thanks for the info.

:D :D Cool!
Currently, I'm in Hobbs (southeast corner) but have also lived in Las Cruces (my, how I miss LC!!). It's exciting to meet someone on here familiar with "the" turf. ;) Yay!

poofy
02-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Currently, I'm in Hobbs (southeast corner) but have also lived in Las Cruces (my, how I miss LC!!). It's exciting to meet someone on here familiar with "the" turf. ;) Yay!

Hobbs newmexico??? wow, was raised there when young..have lots of family there.. :) born in portalas

Lobodeb
02-25-2006, 05:53 PM

Yay!!!! Fellow New Mexicans!!! You too, Poofy! This is too cool!

I was born in Gallup (thought I'll never swear to that in a court of law) then moved to Albuquerque when I was 7-8. Lived there until I was 24 before moving to Chicago.

poofy
02-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Yay!!!! Fellow New Mexicans!!! You too, Poofy! This is too cool!

I was born in Gallup (thought I'll never swear to that in a court of law) then moved to Albuquerque when I was 7-8. Lived there until I was 24 before moving to Chicago.

Albuquerque ..yep many years there to..lol..lol..My aunt n uncle are my main relatives that stilllive in hobbs have lived in the same place since i was a just a kid..lol..they are still there..its my moms youngest sister..and my cousins all live there..the one cousins husband was on the police force there, died of heart attack not long back..her son is on the force there I think.. :)