PDA

View Full Version : Taking Harlee to the Vet today at 3:20...

Christiansmommy
02-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Just last night (after Survivor), she started limping, and then I noticed she wouldn't put weight on her front right foot. So I looked closer, and it looks like her nail caught on something, and ripped it away from the nail bed a little...but it is hard to tell...so anyway...we shall see what is up with her...she still was interested in the cats this AM, but didn't do her morning chase like she normally does :)

Anyway, I have a Jeep Liberty, and normally, she will just jump up into the trunk...so hopefully she will, if not, I will have to cancel the appt. b/c I can't lift her, being pregnant,not to mention she weighs 90 lbs. (and Rob can't get off work early today to help). We'll see if she is just so excited to be going in the car that she doesn't give it a second thought. I will keep you posted. Poor girl.

elizabethann
02-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Ouch! Sounds painful. Poor "little" thing. Good luck.

:)

RobiLee
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Aww, poor Harlee. I hope its nothing to serious and she heals quick. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she is excited to go for a ride and hops right up in your jeep. I actually can't believe she jumps up in it..lol..for some reason I thought maybe she would be like Katie. Katie is not a jumper. I drive a Chevy Trailblazer and she will stand up to get in and then I have to boost her back end up :rolleyes: . Tori is the opposite and has no problems hopping in. Let us know how it goes.

K9karen
02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Poor Harlee! I know that's a real ouchie for her. Cody once ripped his dewclaw half off. Although I kept his nails trimmed, he just caught it on something. The blood freaked me out, but he was still able to jump into the car and once the vet clipped it down he was as good as gold. I hope she jumps into the car so you don't have to cancel your appointment. Keep us updated.

cyber-sibes
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh, poor girl! Hope her footsie feels better soon!
(She weighs 90 lbs. already? :eek: geesch!)

pitc9
02-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Yikes! :eek: That's gotta hurt!
I hope she jumps in the Jeep for you with no problem!

luvofallhorses
02-24-2006, 12:52 PM
poor Harlee. :( prayers on the way that everything will be okay. ((hugs)) please keep us updated.

Christiansmommy
02-24-2006, 02:18 PM
The little (big) stinker won't jump up into the Jeep...we tried for at least 15 minutes!! And it's FREEZING out there!! So i called and cancelled, luckily they had one later appt. today for 4:40, so my husband is going to leave work an hour early so he can come home and pick her up to put her in the Jeep in time to make the 20 minute drive to the vet...just WATCH her jump in when he gets here!!! ANyway, hope it isn't anything serious, just glad we could get another appt. since tomorrow they are booked solid, and the emergency vet fees are NO FUN on the weekend ( or any time for that matter!!)!! I will keep you all posted!!

Robyn

Ginger's Mom
02-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Ha, what a stinker. It's a good thing she is so darn cute. I hope it is nothing serious. Good luck at the vet's, Harlee.

Daisy and Delilah
02-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Harlee, you're such a doll. We bet that you jump right in for Dad too(actually, after looking at the clock, this should have already happened ;) ). Good luck at the vet sweetie. We hope it's nothing to worry about :)

Christiansmommy
02-24-2006, 04:47 PM
We are back, and Rob just lifted her in and out of the Jeep, as to not put unneccessary stress on her foot. The vet doesn't think there is a sprain, but just like us humans, not much you can do for that, but make sure to not walk on it too much. So we will just keep her quiet this weekend. She gave us some antibiotics incase it is infected already...it looks kinda puffy, so it may have gotten infected...but it looks like it was due to her nail ripping off of the bed ( not the whole nail, just a tear from the side)...although, no blood. Anyway, thanks for the good thoughts :) I think she will be fine. :)

Robyn

Karen
02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh, good to hear. Thanks to Rob for getting off work early, poor Harlee! Not her fault she's too big for Momma to lift!

RobiLee
02-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Good news! Glad that it wasn't anything too serious. Give your big girl a hug from me, please. :)

anna_66
02-24-2006, 10:36 PM
LOL! I just had to laugh at the fact you stayed outside for 15 minutes trying to get her in the car.. Sorry:o

I'm glad to hear the vet thinks it's nothing serious and I do hope that she is feeling better soon! Lots of hugs to your sweetie pie girl:D

K9karen
02-24-2006, 10:49 PM
:D :D Robyn.. you KNOW our luvvies do those type of things on purpose.....Hearing how Rob lifted Harlee at her weight, sounded effortless!! So glad that the vet wasn't too worried and that our sweetie pie is going to be fine!

shais_mom
02-25-2006, 12:09 AM
poor Harlee -
my sister's dog did that around Christmas time.
He ripped it off all the way and had to wear a cone for a while.
Hugs to the pretty girl.

Christiansmommy
02-25-2006, 10:17 AM
She is still limping around, and it looks pretty swollen, but the antibiotics should kick in soon. They need to be taken with food...so I am adding some canned food to her dry, to make sure she has plenty of food in her belly before taking the meds. b/c last night, she hadn't eaten too much, and threw up...yuck for me, and her (sorry, too much info)!! She does generally eat her dry food all up without wetting it, but i want to make sure her tummy is nice and full, so I don't have to worry about her throwing up her medicine along with the food. Everything stayed down today :) I think the cats must think she has finally matured...she is being very low-key with them...little do they know, in a couple of days...she'll be back to her old self, and galloping all around the house :)

k9krazee
02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Aww, I hope she is feeling better soon!