PDA

View Full Version : Catnapper Hotel open for business -- prayers please

catnapper
02-23-2006, 10:00 PM
We have a new border here. One very unexpected 6 year old male border. His mom called us at 10:30 tonight and asked if he could bunk here for a while. You see, his grandmom had a heart attack tonight. They went to operate and clear the blockage and she hemmoraged (sp?). He thinks she's just in the operating room and she is bleeding. He has no idea how serous this is.

Prayers please for my daughter's friend and his family. Mom says she most likely won't make it off the OR table (she's a nurse in the same hospital and has seen this many times before and knows what to realistically expect.)

Its a sad situation since the grandmom, the daughter, and grandson have a strained relationship. Grandmom was not the best mother to her daughter -- basically dropped her off with a relative and never returned. The daughter took her in a few years ago after grandmom had nowhere else to go. I think the family needed more time to heal old wounds and finally have peace with one another.

I hope grandom makes it through the night and they have some time to realize what they mean to each other before she passes. The boy has some "issues" now related to family problems... dad's in jail (for what I ahve no idea but he's been there for years and years, so it couldn't have been a minor crime) and his favorite aunt (the one who raised his mom) died last year. He has no idea how much this is going to hurt him until its too late.

PS: desite his nutty family tree, this is one really sweet, very good young man. He's been through more things than anybody ought to, and is a nice kid. Polite, hard working, honest. Mom raised him well as a single mom, and she is a wonderful lady herself.

AbbyMom
02-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Prayers, Kim, that this family at least has some time together to get in touch with each other. Sometimes it takes a crisis to understand what/who is important in life.

I know you'll do your best for the young man.

Daisy and Delilah
02-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Thoughts and prayers are going out Kim.

I can't imagine why you haven't won the "Humanitarian Award" of the year. You and your family seem to be so caring and helpful to all people and pets :)
Bless you all for caring so much.

catnapper
02-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Well, I just got off the phone with the mom. She said her mom made it through the night but is currently having some pacemaking problems.

She kept thanking me for letting him stay here, and I told her he's welcome as long as he needs to be, and that she shold just concern herself with her mom and not worry that he's ok, because he will be as long as he's here.

Please keep up the prayers til they get the pacemaking problem fixed. I would love to see her come home afterwards and them realize what a gift they all have in each other.

Cataholic
02-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Prayers for the family.

Kim, what a wonderful thing you are doing for this boy, and his family. ;)