PDA

View Full Version : omg i'm so upset!

dab_20
02-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I was taking Sammy and Molli for a walk today and I went by this guy who was walking a lab pup. Well Sam doesn't have the best manners and when I walked by him Sam started jumping on the puppy to play and so I started pulling Sam away and saying sorry and the guy KICKED sammy!!! :eek: :mad: :eek:

I can't even believe it... I just kept walking because I've got kinda a paranioa with guys in my neighborhood... because of somethin that happened last year... ANYWAYS I am so terribly upset that I didn't stick up for Sam and tell off that guy. Sam doesn't seem to be hurt... but I carried him the rest of the way home because he yelped and was acting so frightened. He didn't understand what he did wrong... I just went home and cryed about it. I have been cuddling him alot since then... he loves cuddles. Poor Sammy. I feel like an awful owner for not doing anything about it... :( :(

Vette
02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Awww.. dont be too hard on yourself. i think that was the the best thing you could have done. if you had said anything the guy could gotten a whole lot ugiler in more ways then one.

the world (or the people i should say) has gone to pot. (in more ways then one) LOL

poofy
02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Awww.. dont be too hard on yourself. i think that was the the best thing you could have done. if you had said anything the guy could gotten a whole lot ugiler in more ways then one.

the world (or the people i should say) has gone to pot. (in more ways then one) LOL
shes so right..you did the right thing.. :)

jesse_3
02-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Vette is right, you did do the right thing. (((((HUGS))))) to you and Sammy!

Steph and Jes

dab_20
02-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it, and so does Sammy. We are feeling better now... I was having a photoshoot with him and Molli a couple minutes ago.

K9karen
02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I also think that walking away, depite the terrible ordeal, was the right thing too. You have no idea what that guy would have done. Obviously, he was trying to protect his dog, but he doesn't seem to have any training techniques or dog manners. It made me wonder that if he kicked Sammy, if he mistreats his dog. I mean, unless Logan was being horribly, hurtfully, maliciously attacked by another dog, I'd never resort to physical attacks. Anyway, I'm glad you and Sammy are feeling better, poor baby. He's fine, T.G. and that's all that counts. {Hugs to all}

Miss Z
02-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Aaaw poor Sammy! I'm glad he's feeling better. I really hope that the guy doesn't kick his lab pup too:mad: :(

jackie
02-24-2006, 03:27 AM
I am so sorry that sammy go kicked. You handled it the best way you could, so don´t beat yourself up about it.

One thing you should work on is sammy´s training so something doesn´t happen like this in the future. It was very wrong of this man to kick Sammy, but I am sure that was his first instinct to proctect his puupy and maybe he thought Sammy would attack.

(((Hug))))

dab_20
02-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks everyone.

He is still in training not to jump on people or other dogs... still working on it. He's very playful and extra gentle... super calm, which is surprising for his age.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-24-2006, 08:10 AM
The safest thing was to walk away asap, so you did right!!
I feel so sorry for that pup he has, I am almost sure he is rough with it too... Poor thing! Some people shouldn't have pets, they don't deserve them :mad: :mad:

elizabethann
02-24-2006, 08:36 AM
You handled the situation much better than I would have. Please give Sammy a little kiss for me.

beeniesmom
02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
You handled the situation much better than I would have. Please give Sammy a little kiss for me.

Yeah, I agree. I have no self control :o and probably would have behaved badly.
I hope Sammy is ok.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Poor Sammy, what a terrible thing for that person to do. :(

I think you did the best thing, someone who is capable of kicking your dog like that is clearly unstable and you are better off just getting as far away as possible! I hope you and Sammy are feeling better.