PDA

View Full Version : Beanie's a mommy!

lute
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
i know, beanie is a boy! but he has a baby! ;)

this morning i was cleaning kennels and i kept hearing what sounded like a kitten back in the woods. there is a kind of bird around here that sounds EXACTLY like a kitten, so that's what i thought it was. Beanie heard it too and took off running and growling. he finally came back from the woods carrying something. when he got closer i noticed it was a kitten!!! :eek: Beanie would NEVER kill a kitten. he has always befriended cats. i always say he's thanking the cat rescue we got him from for saving him. :D

anyway, i fed the kitten. she was ver thin. she's only about 5 weeks old and i had to moisten her food. we've named her Snowman. odd name, but she's grey and white with a shape of a snowman on her belly.

i'll post pics of Snowman in another post in cat general

k9krazee
02-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Thats adorable! I'm surprised he carried her back without hurting her, thats amazing! Way to go Beanie :D

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
WOW Beanie!! Good boy! Beanie was doing a little Lassie move. What a smart, gentle, little boy! That's a great story :D

Pembroke_Corgi
02-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Awwww, that is so cute! What a smart dog Beanie is!

Marta is a "cat mommy" too, but not by choice- Seine made her one! Seine is always trying to lay next to her and cuddle. :)

elizabethann
02-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Beanie's a hero!! What a sweet little man to help the kitten. I can't wait for pictures. Way to go Beanie!!

Corinna
02-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Now you have recuited Beanie to help with rescues.!! Way to go Beanie, how does your mom feel about that? :D Have you found Cody a home yet?
You pet folks who like huskeys really should take a good look at this sweetie . If you want a nice dog this one is it.

lute
02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Now you have recuited Beanie to help with rescues.!! Way to go Beanie, how does your mom feel about that? :D Have you found Cody a home yet?
You pet folks who like huskeys really should take a good look at this sweetie . If you want a nice dog this one is it.

i WAS going to keep her until a home could be found, but when my parents got home from their coffee run mom said she'd already found one! with us! :D
no home for Kodie yet. :( i'm getting ready to post a topic about him right now. hopefully we'll have another happy PT ending like Tyson! ;) :D

poofy
02-23-2006, 04:35 PM
that is so sweet.. :)

Ginger's Mom
02-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Aww, that is so cute. Did you read Beanie the story of the dog in New York that rescued cats? Maybe Beanie is trying to keep her memory alive.

lute
02-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Aww, that is so cute. Did you read Beanie the story of the dog in New York that rescued cats? Maybe Beanie is trying to keep her memory alive.
i did watch a show about Jenny, the dog that rescues cats. maybe he just caught onto the idea! ;) :D

animal_rescue
02-23-2006, 06:37 PM
What a good boy, Beanie!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Well done Beanie!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Good doggie, Beanie!!!

Suki Wingy
02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
aw, good boy! Wasn't there a book about a rescued dog who raised rescued cats?