PDA

View Full Version : Is it my imagination?

tuxluvr
04-18-2002, 06:14 AM
....or are these mice arrangements supposed to mean something. Every night, when we go to bed, the foyer and stairs are clear. The little fur mice are...somewhere.

This morning, on my way to the bathroom, I notice an "arrangement" at the top of the stairs. One mouse, next to a long string stretched straight up the stairs.

This has become regular behavior. Yesterday morning, it was two mice, one in our bedroom doorway, one at the top of the stairs, with the string curled up between them.

Pardon my anthropomorphic musings, but I wonder if I should be looking at these as kind of my morning "tea leaves"....mouse on the stairs, rain....mouse with long string....long day, stay away from the boss...:D ;) :D

tuxluvr
04-18-2002, 06:18 AM
Then, at the bottom of the stairs this morning, was this "artistic" gathering....next to the foyer closet door.

Is she the next Fur-casso or is she re-enacting a feline version of the Blair Witch Project?

Kitties, gotta lovem :)

purrley
04-18-2002, 06:47 AM
:eek: look how nicely those mice are arranged - maybe your kitties have entered the Twilight Zone:D :D whatever does it mean.

04-18-2002, 08:02 AM
Tuxluvr dearest friend , what gorgeous bunch of cuty mice you have arranged there !!!:p :p :p
Want a friend to play chasy-micies ??? Is fun-fun game !!!
Just wait a minute , I am coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your mice-lover (:mad: ) Sydney-the greatest !!!!

Heather Wallace
04-18-2002, 08:29 AM
Like Tatty in a way, he has a duck toy is loves (if you know what I mean) we put it in his box at night and every morning it turns up on the rug beside the fire.

Gio
04-18-2002, 08:55 AM
:D :D LOL :D :D. We have a furry artist in our ranks! Very precisely arranged! :D

Foxy has the habit of arranging his toy mice (and a whole variety of other objects) next to or on top of the bed... but likes to give them a good soak first in his water dish! :eek: :eek:

Maya arranges bottle tops, smooth side DOWN all over the place, not funny if you step on them barefooted :D

Thankfully,Prema, likes to sleep during the night :D

Lachesis
04-18-2002, 01:16 PM
She does a lovely job *lol* of arranging!

Whats the rope in the picture?

tuxluvr
04-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Lachesis
She does a lovely job *lol* of arranging!

Whats the rope in the picture?

The "rope" is two big shoestrings tied together - she drags it all over the house, but never when we see her - it just happens at night when we are asleep:rolleyes:

wolflady
04-18-2002, 01:23 PM
LOL LOL That is so funny!! Honestly, I have to wonder what's going on in those little cat heads sometimes!! :D The world may never know...

LoudLou
04-18-2002, 01:29 PM
You have now entered the Twilight Zone............

Furry Mice Arrangements.... Kinda like those "Crop Circles", huh?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Ritzy certainly has an eye for color! The mice look so evenly spaced too! Do you have a kitty Rembrant in bloom?

tuxluvr
04-18-2002, 02:40 PM
this is what the food dish looked like this morning

purrley
04-18-2002, 03:03 PM
:D :D :D Now mine would have had all the mice IN the food dish:D :D or the water dish:(

lynnestankard
04-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Tuxluvr - there must be a VERY tidy cat in your house!! Mine just wreck and destroy:o :o I can't get over the very neat lines of mices!!
They would definately be in the water dish here!!!
:eek: :confused: :eek:

Lynne

wolflady
04-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by purrley
:D :D :D Now mine would have had all the mice IN the food dish:D :D or the water dish:(

LOL LOL Marius has deposited one of his mice in the water dish. What IS that all about??!! :rolleyes:
tuxluvr, that is just too too funny!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
You have now entered the Twilight Zone............

LOL

I know, Ritzy helped build the pyramids in a previous life and she is just trying to let someone know about it. Since she is now a kitty and can't talk, this is her way of letting us in on her previous accomplishments.

As for the food dish, well, I have no idea what she's working on there. :D

tuxluvr
04-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Ritz does launch the occasional "mouse flotation device" in her water dish, but usually picks it up and puts it in her food dish. Many days we will come home to a food dish empty of kibble, but full of these little mice.....I don't know if it's a message or if she is trying to "flavor" either the mice or the water or the kibble. :D

The funny thing about these recent mouse outbreaks is that for months I never saw one of these mice, I looked everywhere to find the hiding place and just kept bringing a fresh one out for our evening play.....

then one day....voila...there they are!

I think I like the crop circle theory the best :D

How boring our lives would be without these little furry friends :D

toughCookie
04-19-2002, 03:25 AM
this is what the food dish looked like this morning

LOl I often find ONE mouse by the food or water dish, but never more than one, never 6!!

.......could it be the mice are planning their escape
or a takeover of the house?........
:eek: :eek:

Gio
04-19-2002, 04:28 AM
LOL, Crop circles, I love that! :D :D :D

lynnestankard
04-19-2002, 07:32 AM
Just a quick thought - are they trying to teach us to play Hide and Seek - and we're being very thick!!!! LOL.

Lynne

maxx's mom
04-20-2002, 05:34 PM
Kitty stonehenge! It just proves that cats are a lot smarter than people give them credit for!;) Maybe in a thousand years, humans will discover that it is some secret kitty communication. LOL

yorkster
04-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou

That was the first thing I thought of, but you beat me to it! We think alike I guess.

Stonehenge crossed my mind too!

Either way it's cute/funny/interesting ;)

tuxluvr
04-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Oooh, I like the Stonehenge theory :D:D:D....

perhaps "mousehenge"??

Just now, as I was typing this response, I was distracted by this noise and motion behind me. Ritz was on the love seat with her head BURIED between the two couch cushions, then she was "diving" head first into the crack between them like there was something moving in there...I though, oh great, a real mouse.....

nope, you guessed it, another fake fur mousie, this one was under the couch cushion...as you can see, she was successful in her "extraction"http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6974/images/th_PMIaZMCoBQIAAAJA8GU_6974_33.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Oh, that Ritzy is soooo smart. :) You might ask "If that mouse was under the cusion, how did she know it was there?" Well, the logical response is that she's the one who put it there!!! :rolleyes: :D

And yes, how boring our lives would be without them. Terry asked me one day why I spend so much time here at Pet Talk and all I could say was because you guys make me laugh with all your kitty antics. There's enough serious stuff going on that it's nice to come here and laugh for a bit. :D

yorkster
04-23-2002, 06:09 PM
I think you should send those pics of Ritzy's designs to Art Bell (the radio-show and i-net paranormal guy)........he would look into it!
:D :D :D

tuxluvr
04-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh, that Ritzy is soooo smart. :) You might ask "If that mouse was under the cusion, how did she know it was there?" Well, the logical response is that she's the one who put it there!!! :rolleyes: :D

And yes, how boring our lives would be without them. Terry asked me one day why I spend so much time here at Pet Talk and all I could say was because you guys make me laugh with all your kitty antics. There's enough serious stuff going on that it's nice to come here and laugh for a bit. :D

Well of course she put it there :)....these mice are to Ritz what nuts are to squirrels in the winter...they hide them all over the place so that, when the mood hits, you are sure to stumble on to one!

Amen to the need for play!
Laughing is good for the cardiovascular system - tell Terry to join in! :):D

tuxluvr
04-27-2002, 02:56 PM
Having mice for lunch? or Having mice TO lunch?

AmberLee
04-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Having mice for lunch? or Having mice TO lunch?

Soooooo cute!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-30-2002, 04:10 PM
LOL :D

Looks to me like she might have had the mouse in her mouth, then decided the cat food was a little more appetizing than the micies. :D Crazy Ritzy. :D

Logan
04-30-2002, 04:18 PM
LOL!!! The only mice that have ended up in a dish here were soggy ones......Butter thought that drowning them was the best idea.

I love that picture!!!! :D

tuxluvr
04-30-2002, 05:42 PM
I'm trying to figure out if she is flavoring the mice or the food! :)