PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone aware of

heidiv
02-22-2006, 01:11 PM
I am from northern Wisconsin and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any Siamese or purebred cat rescues in this area. I want to try and foster some kittys but have been have a dificult time trying to find a group that is willing to work with me. Any ideas???I have already contacted the siamese rescue in Michigan. Don't know where to go from here??

smokey the elder
02-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Isn't rosethecopycat from Wisconsin?

krazyaboutkatz
02-26-2006, 02:27 AM
Isn't rosethecopycat from Wisconsin?
No, I think that she's from Florida.

jenluckenbach
02-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Goto www.petfinder.org
then go to "shelter and rescue groups"
then click "Wisconsin"

Then look through the list to see which are closest to you.

And, what do you mean they will not work with you? Most rescue groups are begging for foster home! (there are never enough :( ) although some county agencies do not use foster homes (I know mine doesn't)

moosmom
02-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Here are a couple.

Siri Wine
1025 Meander Run Locust Dale, VA 22948
Phone: (540) 672-6373
Voice Mail: (877)Meezer1
Email: [email protected]

Charise Powell
816 SW Cambridge Avenue Topeka, KS 66608
Phone: (785) 271-5668
Email: [email protected]

Since I'm geographically illiterate, I'll have to look at a map to see where Wisconsin is near.

Here's a couple of more.

http://www.catswithnoname.net/UScatbreedrescue.htm

http://www.homeagainid.com/news/article.cfm?storyid=14134

Good luck.

One suggestion - how about going to the closest Humane Society. They're always looking for foster homes. I'm SURE there's a meezer in there somewhere for you!!

heidiv
03-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I really wanted to say thanks for all of the help. I did find a shelter that is about 20mins away and the director is coming on Wed. to check out our new set up for our foster. She said that there is a little seal point siamese boy that needs to be fostered and she thought that we would be great people for the job considering we have Chloe and 2 other cats. I am so excited I just can't wait to love him up. He is the same age as Chloe so as soon as we get through the meeting face to face we should have fun watching the two of them play. I will post pictures of our new foster room we have been working really hard. :D :D
I can't thank all of you enough!!!

Karen
03-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Excellent! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

jenluckenbach
03-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Such great news. I truly enjoy fostering, and I am certain that you will too.

moosmom
03-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Great job!! Glad to hear you're getting a foster Meezer. Pictures are required here, ya know! ;) Just kidding. Can't wait to see him.

Flatcoatluver
03-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Congrats and good luck!!! Paws and Fingers crossed!!!! :)