PDA

View Full Version : I had a...

dab_20
02-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Asthma attack today at school... I didn't know I had asthma, my teacher and the nurse had to bring me down to the nurses office because I was gunna pass out. That was sooo scary!! I thought I was gunna die. I got to leave school early cuz I'm going to the docter to get an inhaler. I don't like docters... I'm nervous!

Karen
02-21-2006, 02:49 PM
People can develop asthma at any point in their lives, don't worry. And don't worry about the doctor's visit, the inhaler will make you breathe so much better it'll be worth it! It'll be a cold stethoscope applied to your back and lots of "take a big breathe in, okay, now let it out ... (moves the stethoscope 2 inches) and repeat ad infinitum." Been there, done that. No big deal, I promise!

If the doc mentions pets, remind him/her that the attack happened at school, with no pets present.

dab_20
02-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks Karen! :) I went to the docter, got the test done. I was 33 percent and if you are over 15 percent then you've got asthma. He gave me a perscription for Abuteral. (sp?) He didn't mention pets... which I was happy about. But my mom has go to quit smoking... I'm VERY happy about that!!!

Chilli
02-21-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm glad you're okay! :D
I used to have asthma... when I was really young. I don't remember it though! :o

joanofark
02-21-2006, 05:54 PM
But my mom has go to quit smoking... I'm VERY happy about that!!!

Wow, I wish the doctor would tell MY parents that...;):p:rolleyes:

Good thing it's not really bad. Yours sounds very mild. I had/still have (I'm not sure if I still have it) asthma caused by allergies.

One of my friends had EXTREEMLY bad asthma. And sadly died from a bad attack at the age of 8.:(

Karen
02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
I like your doctor already! "Mom, you HAVE to quit smoking - my doctor SAID so!" Yup, it's spelled albuterol - the safety inhaler of every member of my family! :) Ain't drugs wonderful? ;)

dab_20
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow, I wish the doctor would tell MY parents that...;):p:rolleyes:

Good thing it's not really bad. Yours sounds very mild. I had/still have (I'm not sure if I still have it) asthma caused by allergies.

One of my friends had EXTREEMLY bad asthma. And sadly died from a bad attack at the age of 8.:(

The docter didn't exactly tell her she had to... but she's a RN so she knows if she doesn't, I will have more attacks. My asthma is most likely caused from allergies because I am allergic to grass, hay, rabbits, dogs, cats, pollen, dust, etc, etc. lol

That's so sad about your friend, I'm sorry. :(

dab_20
02-21-2006, 06:38 PM
I like your doctor already! "Mom, you HAVE to quit smoking - my doctor SAID so!" Yup, it's spelled albuterol - the safety inhaler of every member of my family! :) Ain't drugs wonderful? ;)

lol

king2005
02-22-2006, 06:03 AM
about 5yrs ago Rob started having issues breathing at my moms house. I told him I think he needs to go to the Dr. he refused. SO I told my mom on him :D
She made him get into the car & we drove to the next town as our town Hospital SUCKS! & he saw the Dr. in less then 15 mins :) He was told he has Asthma & its cause by his parents chain smoking & from his mother smoking with him in her whom.

Rob & myself moved 500km away from his parents last Sept. Rob has hardly ever used his puffer & I haven't had a cold all year round since YAY! BUT we went down for xmas & Rob was back on the puffer & my cold came back :mad:

We're fine again & we even feel more energetic. Rob's brother moved in with us in Oct/Nov-ish & the poor guy is still sick :( Hes MUCH better, but his breathing is still poor & he coughs all the time.

Felix
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Sorry to hear what happened,glad that you're ok now.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-22-2006, 08:42 AM
My daughter had asthma - inhalers certainly did the trick (and yes, I gave up smoking)

Miss Z
02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Poor you! I hope you'll be OK from now on, i'm sure the inhaler will help. One of my friends from primary school had asthma quite bad, but it didn't stop her from leading a normal life and she was actually in the school high five and running teams!

dab_20
02-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone!

I know, some people ask if you hhave asthma then why do you play sports? I could never live without hockey!! ;)