PDA

View Full Version : I can't handle this

aly
04-17-2002, 08:58 PM
I had a good day at work, came home with an extremely SHY dog who is already coming out of his shell after 30 minutes of being here when he's been at the shelter for 2 weeks with no progress. I came on ready to post pictures and share the happy story. But I have been dragged down to crying so many tears over this situation. (You know the situation I'm talking about).

When something causes me this much grief, I need to leave. I am sorry for all of you that hold it against me but I WILL NOT just sit by and watch crap like that happen without saying a word. It is my passion in life. I spend all day at work, even when I'm not at work, trying to save homeless animals. We literally get dying animals thrown at our door. I do not believe I was out of line in making that comment. There are NUMEROUS routes that could have been taken than what was actually done. I hope those of you who do not know the story will refrain from being angry at me.

I need to take a break now before l reply to my private messages then later tonight I will be leaving Pet Talk.

Fuzzy317
04-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Please don't leave aly. This board/family is made up of different people with differing opinions. Opinions differ within families all the time, but they remain families. Please stay. Everyone please stay

mugsy
04-17-2002, 09:44 PM
aly, I'm so glad you found a little furkid that fits your lifestyle. Please tell us about him/her. And forget all the crap with the other situation...it's really not worth losing sleep over...consider the source and move on. You do so much good for the animals in need and you have such uplifting stories to share. I know in another post I said I wouldn't beg...but you're worth it. Besides...if you leave who will I have to harass about buying the house across the street from us and moving to Fort Wayne where it's cold!! lol:p If, for some reason, you choose to leave, which I sincerely hope you don't, please email me with your info so we can keep in touch. I still want to know about your new addition (look at it this way...if the other situation would have worked out, you wouldn't have this little one who needs you so badly.) Please rethink your decision.

lizbud
04-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Aly,

What the Heck are you talking about ????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

You can't leave Pet Talk, I haven't even introduced
you yet to my son who lives in Ft.Worth.:D

You are a Super young lady & I'd love to have you
in the family. (My son, knows nothing about his Momma's
fantasy). Really, please explain, what's going on ??? Liz.

Karen
04-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Lizbud, I'll email you, so as not to reiterate the whole thing here.

Sudilar
04-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Aly, please don't leave. PLEASE!!

zippy-kat
04-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Aly,

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I honestly hope you don't choose to leave. You bring so much to this board. It just wouldn't be the same if we didn't hear your stories of the shelter animals and their resuces and more importantly, their new homes. We've come to know and love Reece, Lolly, and Shiloh. We've shared so much w/ you, Aly--laughter (who could forget the pic of Reece with his ears in a scrunchie?) and tears (when your fishie died) and much, much more! You are part of a family, we love and care for you (remember our concern when you were sooo physically & mentally exhausted from rescuing animals from the flood).

Right or wrong, I do admire your ability to speak out against something you disagree with. If you don't speak, your opinion isn't heard. If your opinion isn't heard, the chance of changing the circumstance is lessened. You tried. We (PT) tried. It didn't work out as we had planned, but it sounds like the situation has rectified itself for the best. No, it isn't fair but life never promised to be fair or easy. From working in a shelter, I'm sure you can testify to that! (Of course on the other hand, Life never promised to be hard either...) But as one of my favorite quotes states:

Believe there is a great power
Silently working for all things good,
Behave yourself and nevermind the rest.
~Beatrix Potter

Aly, leaving is entirely up to you, but I hope you choose not to. Please keep in touch!

Karen
04-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Zippy-cat, just had to comment - how fitting your favorite quote is from Beatrix Potter! :)

=:)

sabies
04-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Please don't leave Aly. As Fuzzy317 said this board is made up of different people with different opinions. It's not often that there are bad feelings here but it's not surprising that it will happen now and then. We all need to be able to deal with our differences and move on when issues turn sour. Please stay for all the good discussions.

aly
04-17-2002, 11:30 PM
I just wanted to sort of clarify why I decided to leave.

It is not because of the Maddie situation. I really was making an effort to move past that. I wouldn't have brought it up again if I had not seen their new dog. I only asked why they got a new dog because I needed closure and I wanted to try to understand.

A lot of people seem to be against me pointing something out. Cliques form and people chime in without knowing the story. I don't feel like Pet Talk is a whole community anymore, just a bunch of little ones put together. The tears are still flowing from this mess. I really hate to say I am leaving Pet Talk but at the same time I can't afford to risk my health by putting up with more stress and grief than necessary. As I told Karen, I cannot compromise my beliefs and not say anything.

If you were in a mall and saw a man pushing around a woman, would you say something or turn your back and pretend not to notice? I am the type of person who needs to say something because there may be a chance I could save that woman. ******No one is being abused, this is just an example******

I am grateful for the messages and emails of support I've received. I have made so many good friends here. I hope I can go to sleep and wake up in the morning with a clear, fresh outlook. I just don't know...

Logan
04-17-2002, 11:39 PM
You need to rest, Aly. I truly don't believe there is one person in this whole community that doesn't understand your passion. We all know what you go and do every single day, and how you love the animals, like we all do, but you "live" it.

Maybe I'm getting old.......I am getting old, as a matter of fact! But I think I'm mellowing in my old age. I just have decided that I can't pass judgement when I don't know all the facts. Angel knows how I felt about the whole mess from weeks ago. I told her myself.

I think all of us understand the reason you felt you should speak up. And if anyone is mad at you, I don't know who it might be, as I haven't seen any posts that imply that today. What I have seen is a whole bunch of people who have learned a lot of valuable lessons through this whole situation, including Angel, who has bravely tried to stick in there with us through this whole ordeal and others who have made the decision to forgive and move on. I am so proud of everyone here. I mean that with all sincerety.

I think it would be a terrible thing is either of you left this wonderful community of loving people over this issue. There is so much good here, and we share and laugh and cry together. There aren't too many communities that I frequent that can say the same thing. We're all made of good stuff, and occasionally we disagree, but that's what friends do. But friends also forgive. And we're all capable of that too.

Please just take care of yourself first. Take a break, if you must, but don't penalize us by leaving! What would we do without you?? :( Think on it, please.

My best wishes and love to you all.
Logan

tatsxxx11
04-18-2002, 04:44 AM
That's right Chuck. I've said it before. It's about the animals, not the people.

AdoreMyDogs
04-18-2002, 06:51 AM
Aly, I sent you a PM....please read it.

Sudilar
04-18-2002, 06:54 AM
Above points are well made!! We have pets. We love them. We are a community. We are joined together in the love of our pets. You belong here.

"Sit-Stay"!! (please?) (weak attempt at humor, sorry....) :):(

Sue

3-greys-and-a-mutt
04-18-2002, 08:04 AM
Aly, I know where you are coming from! The situation that upsets you is the reason that I have stayed away from this board for so long. I didn't want to get involved. So many others have seemed to be posting less or not posting at all anymore, since this situation began.
But, Aly, YOU can't go! You are the heart and soul of Pet Talk. Without your shining presence, I can't imagine what Pet Talk would become!
Please reconsider!
Jessica

ellensy
04-18-2002, 09:44 AM
dear Aly,

can u just please reconsider all of this??? this is really sad...

I've always looked forward and spend a few hours everyday to read everybody's happy posts, and i admit that sometimes i choose to read pettalk than read errr my homeworks...

Everybody here is very important ...w/o u guys, there'll be no pet talk.

Please reconsider..thanks.

ellen

04-18-2002, 09:54 AM
Last night, with the help of another Pet Talker, I had decided to stay and move on, again. But today, in these posts, I am not so sure. It isn't about who agrees with Aly and who agrees with me. I don't care! I can't please everyone, I'm learning that. You don't have to agree with me. What I would like is not to be judged by what I did. You can't base your opinion of me from one incident in my PRIVATE life. I know I am a good person with good morals and ethics. I know that and THAT is what is important.

"Consider the source" ?? Really, that was a nice touch. Very diplomatic and respectable. I enjoyed reading that. It makes me laugh because you don't know me.... you have know idea what I do everyday and how I treat people or animals. No clue, dear. So, now I'm "considering the source" and moving on.

Aly, I know how passionate you are... believe me. I have been here a long time and read all of your stories about the shelter. What sticks out in my mind is the night of the storms and tornadoes. I was so worried about you and I KNEW you were helping animals and keeping them safe. Without a doubt. That is a part of you, always will be. I may not agree with you all the time but I respect your determination. I am just a different sort of person... I have desire and determination just like you - I just know my limits. No offense, really, I'm just saying I'm different.

Then again, people like you Aly tend to make a big difference in our world, for the better. So, mabye I could learn from you......

lizbud
04-18-2002, 09:57 AM
Hi Jessica,

So GREAT to hear from you again !!! Hugs to
your furkids.:) :) :)
Liz & Buddy

anna_66
04-18-2002, 10:15 AM
So glad to hear your back!!!:D

aly
04-18-2002, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone. My computer has a virus and I've had an awful night. I'm posting from my sister's computer. I'm dropping the dogs off with her then heading to work. I have another outreach at Saks to do all day. I hope to fix my computer this evening when I get home. I just pray it doesn't require reformatting. I will respond to all the pm's and emails tonight when I get back because I'm running a little late. So many of you wrote beautiful messages and I am feeling better.

On a good note, Gus, the shy dog, play bowed about 10 times to me and jumped up and licked my hand this morning. I also caught him last night having a squeaky toy party after I went to bed. He was running around with 3 in his mouth squeaking at once.

Gotta run.. thanks everyone

Corinna
04-18-2002, 11:11 AM
Aly I don't know the things that happened,becouse I got mad and left. THE WORST thing I ever did I have been so lost with out all the folks here. I had exciting things to share and no one to share with. I have found some people are just out and out mean But they need love too, they just don't know it yet. But almost all the folks that are regulars here are the most caring and big hearted people around. Don't leave please I missed you and kayann and her photos the most. Corinna And Merlin

Karen
04-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by aly
Hi everyone. My computer has a virus and I've had an awful night. I'm posting from my sister's computer. I'm dropping the dogs off with her then heading to work. I have another outreach at Saks to do all day. I hope to fix my computer this evening when I get home. I just pray it doesn't require reformatting. I will respond to all the pm's and emails tonight when I get back because I'm running a little late. So many of you wrote beautiful messages and I am feeling better.

On a good note, Gus, the shy dog, play bowed about 10 times to me and jumped up and licked my hand this morning. I also caught him last night having a squeaky toy party after I went to bed. He was running around with 3 in his mouth squeaking at once.

Gotta run.. thanks everyone

Hee hee! Pssst - pass the word - Squeaky toy party at Aly's house! So glad Gus is feeling better, hope you computer is feeling better, too. Viruses are NOT fun. (Glad I'm on a Mac, so am usually exempt.)
If you do have to reformat, I've got all the photos form Sunday that you emailed me, and I can send them back to you if you need them, :(

What kind is Gus?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2002, 12:01 PM
I will miss you if you go!!! Maybe just a break and a rest???

Stenograsaurus
04-18-2002, 12:05 PM
Hey, Aly, how about posting a different thread about Gus? I'd love to follow his progress.

jennifert
04-18-2002, 12:09 PM
This cracks me up!!! You can tell we're all "Pet" Mom's and some "Real" Moms....We're like..."so Aly, tell us about Gus"

Distract, distract, distract!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!!!!!

So Aly, exactly how big is Texas? Like can you drive from your house to Houston in a few hours? Have you ever seen a scorpion? How about an armadillo?

Is Gus big, small, black, white, brown? Will you keep him?

I could keep going but I have to go to lunch!!! Someone else take over!!!:D ;) :p :D ;) :p

K9karen
04-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Ok, I need massive Catch up time but I do have an inkling on the situation.... When I took a moment at lunch to glimpse at this topic, I almost lost my lunch, and believe me, Aly, it would not have been a pretty sight.!! :eek: Aly, I hope you know by now that I simple adore and worship you, angel of mercy! WE adore you. I know you are so passionate and loving and caring and would stomp on anyone who would stomp on an ant..you are just a gift to all of us, an amazing person with a heart of gold! But I am begging you on bended knee, bad back and all to PLEASE reconsider and stay on PT! Your stories are heartwarming and emotional, and your advise invaluable! ya know, the world can be a pretty ugly place sometimes :( but as long as you know who YOU are and have no guilt and can live with yourself, you're a step ahead.! ;) Please rest and FEEL THE LOVE, BABY! ..Karen xoxoxox

mugsy
04-18-2002, 12:26 PM
I'm glad you're reconsidering. I wanna see pictures of Gus. What kind is he anyway? Squeaky toys at our house last about 15 minutes before one of them tears the squeaker out and runs around the house with it! lol

Tanya&Fritz
04-18-2002, 12:59 PM
So Aly, exactly how big is Texas? Like can you drive from your house to Houston in a few hours? Have you ever seen a scorpion? How about an armadillo?

I wanna know if all the guys really wear cowboy hats? Do you have good nachos? How about Margaritas? Does everybody talk funny? Hey y'all :) Just joking around with you, SO glad to have you back! Can't wait to hear all about Gus!

purrley
04-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Aly - is it true that everything is bigger in TEXAS???:D :D Don't you dare go away - I love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

04-18-2002, 02:11 PM
.... this is the pet talk we all know and love:) i'm glad you feel better Aly. :)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-18-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm just catching up to this and I'm not quite sure what is going on. One thing I will say is that we all have very strong opinions
concerning animals, we would do anything to save one.
Most of us have been here a very long time and have been through tears of sorrow and tears of laughter and tears of joy.
There is not one person I believe who has not made a mistake who posts on this board including me. Mistakes are part of life, but life goes on and we have to learn from them, and learn to forgive them.
I feel Aly and Angel should now forgive and forget, continue to enjoy the friendships they have both enjoyed here and let the past be the past. We can't change the past but we can enjoy Pet Talk with them both in the future.
I hope Aly, you and Angel will both stay.
Jackie

Sudilar
04-18-2002, 05:50 PM
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT GUS!!

You can't leave us. I need my "rescue story" fix!

aly
04-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey! Stop asking me questions cause then I can't leave! :eek: You guys all need to be spanked.

I really cannot forgive and forget. Its not the incident that I cannot forgive. It is the way it was handled with the deceit and trickery surrounding it. Then the new arrival right after. All that put together and no, I cannot and will not ever forget. Sorry :( I know most of you could but I can't. That's why I'd feel bad staying around here. I don't want to be resented or anything.

I was wrong about my computer. It doesn't have a virus..... IT HAS SEVEN :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: It's still not fixed yet. I am hoping by tomorrow night I'll have it up and running. Thank goodness I can use my sister's computer.

Gus is a Corgi/Lab. I will post his pic in a different thread.

aly
04-18-2002, 09:51 PM
exactly how big is Texas? Like can you drive from your house to Houston in a few hours?

HUUUGE, but I can get from Austin to Houston in 2 and a half hours :)

Have you ever seen a scorpion? How about an armadillo?

Armadillos we mostly see as roadkill :( :( :( There was a scorpion on Shiloh's face once :eek: Thank god it was just a baby. Guess what a construction worker brought into our shelter yesterday? NINE BABY OPOSSUMS!!!! They were sooo cute (yet scary looking!).

Is Gus big, small, black, white, brown? Will you keep him?

Gus weighs.... oh man I forgot but I think around 30 lbs. He's a tad shorter than Reece but longer. He's goofy looking cause he's Corgi/Lab.

I wanna know if all the guys really wear cowboy hats?

NO! Usually the only place you can find cowboy hats in the big Texas cities are in the country bars. Other than that its mainly a small town thing.

Do you have good nachos? How about Margaritas? Does everybody talk funny?

Yes, yes, and yes!

Aly - is it true that everything is bigger in TEXAS???

OH YES! Especially the hair :)

mugsy
04-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Gee aly, you're on to us aren't you?? hehehe;) :D :p Well, guys, I guess the cat's out of the bag, so to speak, but I think we should keep asking her questions so she's forced to stay! lol

aly
04-18-2002, 10:03 PM
I actually don't think I'm going to start a Gus thread. It will rope me here longer. I've changed my mind back and forth so many times but I think its too painful to be here and see constant reminders of the sickening situation.

Anyway, here's a pic of him:

http://netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PL5YCMCoBQIAAAJAiTg_6740_33.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-18-2002, 10:12 PM
GUS IS AN ANGEL !!!!:eek:
What a beautiful boy give him a BIG HUG for me :)

mugsy
04-18-2002, 10:20 PM
What a sweetie!! Is he yours yet??

Kfamr
04-18-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by aly
Guess what a construction worker brought into our shelter yesterday?

Guess what construction workers found down here.... a 18 foot python!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lizbud
04-18-2002, 10:38 PM
Aly,

Gus is a cutie ! What is his personality like ? Do you think
it will take a long time to get him ready for adoption?
Did you see SIMBA's(Kay Ann) warning to you about
thinking of leaving. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't let the the "crap" drive you away from a basically
good forum of info & discussion. Don't let anyone ever
"make" you quit your friends or your commitment to
animal welfare. Your insite & knowledge is needed here !!

Sudilar
04-18-2002, 10:54 PM
Gus is adorable!!

kobieeli
04-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Gus is ADORABLE, Aly....and I'm another person who's glad you're here. Your passionate nature--about Pet Talk's situation, about shelter work, about life and animals in general--is what makes you so special to all of us (even people like me who don't post to tell you very often ;) ). Stick around and keep inspiring us!

gini
04-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Miz Aly, all of us want you to feel better and stay with us.

Would a nice belly rub and a few bisquits help?

Miz Sophie would probably share her pineapple and parsley (well maybe)..........

Now I want to talk about Gus. He's pretty wonderful!

wolf_Q
04-19-2002, 12:59 AM
Gus is ADORABLE! I don't really know what all this talk about people leaving is about. I guess I'm not really a regular here, I come for a while, gone for a while...guess I missed a lot. I didn't think you guys would have fights though, everyone here is so nice! :) Ok I have a question, I don't know if this is a bad question to ask, or what....but it's been bugging me for a while. Didn't I do a watercolor of a dog named Harley for you? I was gone for a long time then I came back one day I didn't see Harley. You had that sweetie Lolly that I hadn't seen before...hope that's the right name! Adorable dog, what mix is she?

Gio
04-19-2002, 03:16 AM
What a beauty Gus is. :D

AdoreMyDogs
04-19-2002, 06:18 AM
Gus is sooo cute. I have seen a lab/corgi mix before and they are SO funny looking, but in a good way :) There used to be a black lab/corgi mix that lived down the street from my moms house. He was about the funkiest thing I have ever seen! He was about 40 pounds, he had a true lab head, and a true lab body on 4 inch legs. He was this big dog on these little, bitty legs. It made me laugh seeing him walk :) I know it's not funny to laugh at a living creature, but I honestly think he was put on this earth to bring laughter to people.

Anyway, Gus is adorable. I hope you stay, Aly.

K9karen
04-19-2002, 07:22 AM
How ironic! remember the thread a few months ago about mixed breeds? I was at the vet's and saw this most adorable dog, just as GR as can be, hairy and adorable with 4 inch legs (LOL) and it was a Corgie/GR mix! So I just loved Gus's photo..what a cutie patootie! Sorta looks like Cody with short legs! Is it me or do you all think that Labs are the dominant gene? Whenever there's a Lab mix, the lab comes out full blast! Aly.....talk to me, girlfriend!

purrley
04-19-2002, 07:36 AM
Your Gus is simply beautiful. He's the same color and looks a lot like my daughter's GEM, who may I add is looking for a boyfriend. Would your Gus be up to a long distance love affair:D ;) ;)

Stenograsaurus
04-19-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by aly
I actually don't think I'm going to start a Gus thread. It will rope me here longer.

You saw right through that one, huh? Well, it was worth a try. ;)

Pam
04-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Chuck what an insightful and thoughtful post! I couldn't agree more!

*LabLoverKEB*
04-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Oh, Aly!!! You can't leave! We all love you!!! It just wouldn't be the same here without you! Please don't go!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

aly
04-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Ok I have a question, I don't know if this is a bad question to ask, or what....but it's been bugging me for a while. Didn't I do a watercolor of a dog named Harley for you? I was gone for a long time then I came back one day I didn't see Harley. You had that sweetie Lolly that I hadn't seen before...hope that's the right name! Adorable dog, what mix is she?

Yes I rescued Harley from a kill shelter in December 2000. I had to rehome him 5 months later due to him wanting to kill my cat. I was very open about it and you can do a search for it and read the thread. I can't do the search for you because it is the hardest and most hurtful thing I've ever had to do. I tried everything to fix the problem with Harley but he's a terrier and it couldn't be helped. He even pulled Shiloh off a table by her tail and pinned her down. At the advice of 2 different canine behaviorists, I rehomed him through WH Fox Terrier Rescue. A WONDERFUL woman worked with me and he is in the PERFECT home, happy as a clam. He is still in my heart and I am still devastated about him. I cry everytime I see a WH fox terrier now. I have nothing to hide about that situation.

Lolly is a Dachshund/WireHair Fox Terrier/Poodle mix. She's the smartest dog I've ever had and she's such a joy for me. I began fostering her 2 or 3 months after Harley left and I was never able to let go.

wolf_Q
04-20-2002, 12:56 AM
Aly, I hope you don't think I was trying to start something by asking that. It's just something that I've been wondering about but I never dared ask. I don't even know what is going on with all of this fighting. I'm sorry to hear you had to get rid of him, but it sounds like it was the best thing for him. He's in a happy home, and you can't have poor Shiloh getting injured! Some dogs just can't get along with cats (I don't think my dogs could). Part of it could be that terrier prey instinct, I don't know.

Lolly is just adorable! She has such a sweet face. And Gus is cute too! It's strange the mixes that can happen. I know a dog that is a pug/lab mix! A interesting looking dog, but very cute! :)

Pam
04-20-2002, 06:13 AM
I know a dog that is a pug/lab mix! A interesting looking dog, but very cute! :)
Now that has got to be one cute dog!!!!!!!! I would love to see a picture! :)

lbaker
04-20-2002, 07:49 AM
Aly, Chuck is probably right (he usually is) and we don't want to belabor this BUT.. the title of your thread is "I can't handle this". Aly dear, now that I have met you I beg to differ. You can, and will handle this in your most heartwarming style. You are a gem, a treat and a pleasure to meet. I feel extremely lucky to have met such a wonderful, feeling human being. Don't change a bit. xxxooo Laurie p.s. I've told everybody about Reese's treats and having to go back to my room to get some when I forgot to bring them to your or Sammi's room :o give Lolly & Reese an extra treat from their auntie Laurie

wolf_Q
04-21-2002, 12:29 AM
His name is Chance, and he's my aunt's dog. But I haven't seen him in quite a long time. He's pure black, and looks a bit like an oversized pug! lol. If I remember right he has kind of a pug face, but more of a lab body/tail.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a dog that is a pug/lab mix! A interesting looking dog, but very cute!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that has got to be one cute dog!!!!!!!! I would love to see a picture!

yorkster
04-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Hey! What the heck is going-on? :confused:
I took a bit of a break a month or so ago (I was spending WAY too much time on PT),
and come back to find out that............well, enough said I guess.

I'm sorry, I really am trying not to be nosey. It's probably a done & over issue (I hope) for everyone concerned. Maybe someone could clue me in privately, if it's appropiate. If not, then I understand. I am not someone who takes sides.

Please don't leave Aly! We need people like you here (and everywhere for that matter) :)
You also made me feel good and welcome when I first arrived at PT, and your passion is greatly admired by many.........especially me!
Take care, and be back :)

Genia
04-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Aly, I have no idea what the heck is going on here. I left for a while for personal reasons. But if the reason is because you had a disagreement with one or more persons on this board that is no reason to stay away. To be honest, I don't think I would ever be "friends" with a few people here. Freedom of speech is what this country is all about! When it comes down to what you say vs what someone else says look at it as a learning experience. Don't take things to heart. Agree to disagree. If you are not harming anyone and you have a strong belief in your feelings, then listen to what someone else has to say, think about it and if there is some reason for you to agree then do so. If not then so be it. This board shouldn't become political. It should be a place where people who love animals can express there feelings or beliefs without fear of retribution. We all know that you love animals and want the best for them. Let that be your flag and carry on. You seem to be such a sweet person. With so much negativity in life you are one of the few that brings a smile to my day. Don't go. Stay and stand up for your beliefs.

aly
04-21-2002, 11:01 PM
Hey guys,

This was my last day of work for the week (my weeks are a little different from normal work weeks). I came home and took and nap and woke up with a clearer head. I've been under so much stress lately that when I came home the other night to try to relax and read Pet Talk, I was really frusterated that it pushed my stress level over the edge. I did also decide though that I have made many dear friends here and I do not want to be chased off. I may take a break or post less frequently for awhile though.

This is just an example of the stressful things I had to deal with today alone:

A coworker and I found 4 bottle baby kittens in a box outside work. We brought them in and washed their dirty faces and fed them formula with syringes. We spent a lot of time with them and they looked so healthy when we were done. I really bonded to them too much and was even thinking of fostering and trying to get Shiloh used to kitties so *maybe* I could take one. Later in the day, we found out they were positive for FIV though and they had to be put down :(
A girl brought a dog she found to us because the road to the city shelter was closed for half the day for construction. It was a pit, obviously used for fighting AND breeding. She was in such bad shape, it was SO hard to see. And we had to call the city shelter to come pick her up because there was no way we could put her up for adoption. She was very sweet, but "unsafe". I just can't stand even thinking about her because I think she may probably already have been PTS :(
A customer screamed in my face that I was evil and awful. I had to deny him for a puppy for reasons that are too numerous to mention and he flipped out. I did it in a very nice way, but he didn't want to hear a word I said from the moment he walked in.
There is now a battle between the 'back' staff (clinic, receiving) and the 'front' staff (adoption, administration) at work. They started a nasty petition to try to get my superviser fired and basically called all of us brainwashed. Its just very messy and ugly and I won't go into it but it is causing a lot of friction and making everyone's day even more stressful.

So I appologize if I sounded like a big baby about this whole situation or if it looked like I just wanted attention. That wasn't the case. It was just really I couldn't handle it. I feel better now and really appreciate all the messages I got! I'm still going to finish answering them all. Sorry if I haven't answered you yet. I haven't had much time this weekend because I've been crashing in bed every night after work.

By the way Laurie, no need for me to give them extra treats. They helped themselves and broke into a bag of treats today while I was gone :rolleyes:

*LabLoverKEB*
04-21-2002, 11:12 PM
Oh, Aly, you poor thing! It sounds like you had a very hard time. I'm sorry about all of the strees.:( :( I hope everything gets better fo you!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

yorkster
04-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Oh Aly, what a day for you! You must be physically and mentally worn out! :(
I know that I could NOT do what you do (and what Spencer does too) ,
I just could not deal with the sadness :(
I think you are soooo awesome for being out there, and doing everything you can- Thank God that there are strong people like you.

So, with all that said................you must stay here at Pet Talk :)
It does me good to hear your stories and know all these animals have someone like you!

anna_66
04-22-2002, 06:46 AM
Aly, I don't even understand how you deal with all that! I love animals, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't stand it, I have too many emotions. I'm glad tho, that there are people out there that do what you do! I just wanted to "Thank You"!

mugsy
04-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Aly, you have WAY too much stress. I'm glad that clearer heads prevailed and you chose not to leave. It seems that things have calmed down on here...thank God. I am with everyone else...I couldn't do what you do...I would not be able to handle it emotionally...so there you go....you are much stronger emotionally than I am. I would much rather deal with the stress of teaching everyday. Get some rest and we look forward to hearing from you soon!!

PS (I never thought you were being petty.)

Genia
04-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Spencer, forgive me for jumping to conclusions. I didn't have enough information about the situation. I may have been venting about some of my own situations in dealing with people.

Aly, You are a sweetheart for caring the way you do. I'm not sure if I could do what you do. Please take care of yourself. Too much stress can be harmful to your health and your state of mind. I'm glad you chose to stay.