PDA

View Full Version : My good friend need PT prayers...

moosmom
02-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I just got off the phone from my friend Kathy in Michigan. I knew from the tone of her voice that something was wrong.

Ya see, Kathy is a breast cancer survivor. She's been in remission for 3 years. She had a mammogram on Thursday. The doctor called her and said he found "something" in the other breast and wanted to do more tests. She is terrified. Kathy is only 60 and has already gone through chemotherapy and radiation and is terrified of having to go through it again. :(

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I was in Michigan so I could be with her. She is such a wonderful, caring person and we became instant friends from the moment we met. I just wish there was something I could do for her.

I know that PT Prayers work. Could I please ask for PT Prayers from everyone. I would really appreciate it. :(

luvofallhorses
02-20-2006, 11:41 AM
prayers on the way! ((hugs))

Cinder & Smoke
02-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi God ~

Kan we set up da Kathy Line so's we can all check up on Donna's Friend?

We'll all call in once a day to send her a Prayer.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

ramanth
02-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Many prayers and healing vibes sent!!! I hope it turns out to be nothing. *hugs*

davidpizzica
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Donna, continuous Pittsburgh prayers will be sent out for your best friend, Kathy.I just pray that all is alright with her. {{{{HUGS}}}} to the both of you.

catland
02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope its a false alarm. Please keep us posted.

Prayers on the way to you Kathy.

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. My mom is also a breast cancer survivor and she decided to have a double mastectomy so that this wouldn't happen to her. I hope that your friend Kathy will be okay and be able to fight this terrible cancer.

lizbud
02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Of course I will pray for good news for your friend. I'm a breast cancer
survivor myself(10 yrs). I know how scary those re-checks can be.

moosmom
02-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Lizbud,

I didn't know you've been in remission for 10 years!! That's fantastic!!! My daughter, who had brain cancer, has been in remission for 14 years. She tells me that whenever she gets a headache, she worries. She said there's always that little bit of "doubt", which is understandable.

I wear a pink "Share the Cure" band in honor of my daughter and ALL the cancer survivors. It's the least I can do.

She'll find out on Monday. If it's bad news, I'm going to see about flying out there to help. Kathy said that if it IS bad news, they'll have to do a radical mastectomy. I want to be there to help as much as I can. She's got 22 cats to care for. It's the least I can do.

Come on God, please let it be GOOD news. Bad stuff shouldn't happend to good people.

k9krazee
02-20-2006, 08:47 PM
She will definately be in my thoughts and prayers!

Karen
02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Prayers on their way.

Daisy and Delilah
02-20-2006, 09:48 PM
My thoughts and prayers are going out to Kathy. My Mom and sister are both breast cancer survivors. Both are cancer free for many years now. They have both been through the exact same thing and boy was it scary. Each of them had mammograms showing something suspicious. Fortunately, both of them received good reports and have been able to go on with their lives without worry. I pray every day that both of them will never have cancer again. Donna, I hope and pray that your dear Kathy will be just as fortunate :)

poofy
02-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I prayed for you friend, Gods line is never busy, you can reach him all the time and he cares .. :)

Felix
02-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Thoughts and prayers on the way.

moosmom
03-07-2006, 05:04 PM
My friend Kathy said the "mass" they found in her other breast is nothing to worry about. They did another mammogram and ultrasound and it's not the consistency of a malignancy. She felt bad that she told me because she knew I'd worry.

I'm relieved. They're going to watch it and do another mammogram and ultrasound in 6 months. She said that she's going to spend the money to have an MRI done of her entire body (expensive - somewhere around $2,000) to have it check for anymore "suspicious" spots. She also told her husband she doesn't care how he does it, but he is to quit smoking. PERIOD!!

Kathy is such a great lady and one of the only friends in Michigan (other than Kimmy aka Ramanth) who helped keep me sane in that hell hole. I'd die if anything happened to either one of them.

Thanks for your PT prayers everyone. PT prayers truly work!!!

davidpizzica
03-07-2006, 05:29 PM
My friend Kathy said the "mass" they found in her other breast is nothing to worry about. They did another mammogram and ultrasound and it's not the consistency of a malignancy. She felt bad that she told me because she knew I'd worry.

I'm relieved. They're going to watch it and do another mammogram and ultrasound in 6 months. She said that she's going to spend the money to have an MRI done of her entire body (expensive - somewhere around $2,000) to have it check for anymore "suspicious" spots. She also told her husband she doesn't care how he does it, but he is to quit smoking. PERIOD!!

Kathy is such a great lady and one of the only friends in Michigan (other than Kimmy aka Ramanth) who helped keep me sane in that hell hole. I'd die if anything happened to either one of them.

Thanks for your PT prayers everyone. PT prayers truly work!!!
Oh, Donna and Kathy big {{{{HUGS}}}} to the both of you! I'm so glad to hear that it's benign.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-07-2006, 05:33 PM
So glad to hear that Kathy's "mass" is nothing to worry about. I am so relieved. Gosh, everytime I have to go to the doctor's/hospital, I just freka out. I HATE going there. It's absolutely no fun at all. :(
Prayers still heading her way... :)