PDA

View Full Version : Here's Tyson pictures added

Corinna
02-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi every one We got back late last night what a trip. We left on tuesday night about 10:30 picked up Clarissa (daughter) and started out.Tim (DugansDad) did all the driving , I don't do wind and snow well and Clarissa doesn't know how to drive a clutch.
we arrived in Souix falls, S Dakota about 8pm Wedsday night after the biggest snow storm in all the states we past though. Hot tub was very welcome at that point.
Started out thursday about 7:30 stopped in Marshall town Iowa around 2 visited relitives until about 5:30 (tims grandma will be 92 in June ) surprised her. Stopped in Washington Indana Friday morning for brekfast (wrestilng tournament for state collages in Il. so just kept driving.
Got to Lexi's about 9:00 Met the new love of my life Tyson is such a terriffic guy. He did so good traveling home . Clarissa really wanted to take Lexi"s Jake home. (as soon as Tim's gets up latter I'll but on the pictures at lexi's ) I will have some of Tyson here at home.
He's a little younger that we all thought he's only about 6 months old, full of puppy energy that shouldbe pk with the oldest goof troop member Lady as she is the biggest play puppy at 8 years old . Haven't introduced yet Ebony kind of nosed the crate last night in the dark. At Lexi's he didn't sem intrested in the cats.
He is on the thin side ,mostly becouse he's full of worms I have to go get the meds today . Nasty case of tapeworms. Tad bit on the stinky side due to just being not cared for. I can't under stand how any one could do what has been done to this sweet little boy. He was on the hotel beds snuggling with us all and just a wonderfully sweet dispostion very tender also dosn't take much of a no for him to learn.
He won't take much to house break, he loves the house. lots of room and a 22 year old boy to play with.
He is quite the leaper too jumps higher than my head with no effort. well on with the trip.

lvpets2002
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
:) Boy you made me tired with all that driving.. So glad all went well with the trip & new addition of our new PT baby **** CONGRATS TO TYSON ON HIS NEW HEAVEN HOME ****Tyson..

Corinna
02-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi Tyson here Mom said I could tell the rest of the story. I didn't see much , as they had me in my crate so I didn't get car sick. It worked no sickies.
I did have a little problem in the hotels I've never had to learn control. But mommy and me are starting to get our singals figured out.
We left the nice foster ladys house about 10:30 and started on our way, we stopped about every 2 hours so I could try to potty. It was very cold out, Mommy says she will knit and sew me some new coats , I hope that will keep me warm. We stopped in a place called St joesph Mo they had a nice hotel except we had to go down stairs from the 2nd floor I just couldn't hold it and mommy had to pick up on the outside stairs.
We started out from there at about 8 am Saturday Morning lots of things mommy and dad Looking at ,we stopped for me to potty still about every 2 hours. We stopped at a place Sturgis S dakota I guess it's some place for a big motorcycle rally dad said maybe we go some time .I'm not sure about what a bike is but if it's with dad ok it will be fun. I made freinds with the nice man running the desk ( I had to have mommy take me out a couple times during the night.) Lots of what mommy called snow mobiles there.
we left from Sturgis at about 8am drove thru a long boring bunch of roads . We stopped at on neat rest area it had kennels forpups to run and potty in I had a good time streching there. Stopped about 10 pm left my new skin sister with a man they called her husband. then I arrived home about 20 mintures later I met my new skin brother Ben.
He seems to be nice even if he smells like cats. I did have one sniffing me in my crate last night she seems to be a nice kitty.
I now have to remeber I don't have to get in to the garbage cans mom will feed me .
Mom says to say thank you to all of you who kept us on you hearts as we came home. Home such a good sounding word.
A special thanks to my rescue mom for finding me and letting my new mom have me. I must be specail after all . I didn't think any one would drive 4200 miles just for me.

lvpets2002
02-20-2006, 09:21 AM
;) :eek: Oh yes for your momie to go 4200 miles I would say you are a very special baby.. Ok now when you & your mom get rested we can get some photos..

k9krazee
02-20-2006, 09:47 AM
I so glad you guys had a safe trip!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D I can't wait to see some more pictures of the special little man!

lv4dogs
02-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I am so happy to see you made the trip, safe & sound & that cutie has found his forever home. I'll be looking forward to the pics!!! :)

gemini9961
02-20-2006, 10:06 AM
This is such a great story, I am so happy someone here on PT could give him his furever home and we get to watch him grow up!! :D :D Can't wait for pics.

.sarah
02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm so glad you made it there and back safely. That's such a wonderful thing you did. I'm looking forward to pictures! :)

CathyBogart
02-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Yay Tyson! What a lucky boy you are!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow, what a drive! Tyson sounds like such a special little guy. Congratulations!

Logan
02-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Welcome home, Tyson!!!! :) Corinna, what an effort from you and your husband and daughter, but so worth it, I'm sure!!!!! :D

Can't wait to see pictures!!!! :)

Logan

Corinna
02-20-2006, 02:23 PM
I have tried adding pictures but un able too don't know why but have a email in to karen

chocolatepuppy
02-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Welcome home and welcome to Pet Talk Tyson! Can't wait to see your pictures! :D

Corinna
02-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I want to thank Our Lute for saving Tyson . On the way home we discovered many things about him that had he been not gotten when he did he could be not alive now.
He was so dehyted, so full of tape worms and getting no food value from what ever he was being fed. His scar I think will grow back hair . He is so tender hearted you can't yell loudly at him or he is just crushed.
Introducing him to the goof troop has been a different situation than I thought. They are comfortable with him. Being a puppy he wants to just jump at them and play (boxer style) I think in time they will put the kid in his place ,I'm not worried about them getting hurt it's more him as he doesn't have the coat to protect him as they do. I'm still walking him on his leash in the yard but with the big dogs loose.
They alpha catWinky has already given him a tattoo on his nose ,Ebony runs like a dumb cat I exspect she'll get him in the next day or two.
I think Tyson is going to be my excesie program he is a busy boy. I forgot about puppies or half grown dogs and the energy level, will be glad when he and lady can play and wear each other out.
The small town that Lute lives in almost all the dogs run loose. She has her hands full making a difference there most of them seem to be just abandoned. I met cody that she has now I hope she can find him a great home he was a sweetie too.
Thanks again for saving this little guy so I could have him. You have a great heart Lute.

beeniesmom
02-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Glad you all made it back safe.
Congrats on the new addition to your family and thanks again Tim and Corinna for the great Puzzles of Beenie and Frankie (I posted pix in market place).

lute
02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
YAY! your home! i'm glad you like Tyson! he's definatly a jumper! i think he tried to jump off my head a couple times!LOL. hopefully he'll grow some hair back on his scar. i don't have any idea where it could have come from. he actually gained weight from when i had gotten him. he's a pig, so it probably won't take long for him to gain weight and muscle. i told you he had puppy energy! i wasn't kidding!LOL can't wait for pics! :D
thanks again for adopting this lil boy! :D :D :D

btw, i LOOOOOOVE the Jake puzzle! i've got it on display where EVERYONE that comes in my house gets to see it! :D i'll probably be ordering one of Gracie before too long!

Ginger's Mom
02-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Yay, Corinna, glad you are home and safe. I enjoyed the updates. Please keep us informed as this little boy gets settled in his new home.

wolf_Q
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Welcome home Tyson!! :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-20-2006, 09:23 PM
What a heartwarming story this is. The result is one of the joys of belonging to this board. Bless all of you for saving this little boy and I hope you all have the best time ever, watching him grow and enjoy his new life :D

DugansDad
02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Here is the first set of photos.

chocolatepuppy
02-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Aw, Tyson, you're so handsome! And you're gonna have a good life now! :D

DugansDad
02-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Here we are in South Dakota with the Missouri River in background, second photo shows me in Sheridan, Wyoming in a pet exercise pen (HOW COOL!). Will have more to come with my new brothers and sisters.

pnance
02-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Congrats, he's such a cute boy!!

Corinna
02-20-2006, 11:37 PM
The first photo was of our daughter trying to steal Jake. then lute and I and jake and tyson

Ginger's Mom
02-21-2006, 07:50 AM
He really is a handsome boy. Thank you again for saving this little sweetie. An actual excersize pen at a roadside stop? What a great idea. :) (I wish they had them out here, it would make our trips down south much more enjoyable.) Oh Tyson, I can't wait to see the pictures of you meeting your furbrothers and sisters.

MyLittleMutt
02-21-2006, 08:16 AM
He is so handsome! Congrats!

lv4dogs
02-21-2006, 11:26 AM
What a handsome boy. I am so happy for you all. :D :D

Jadapit
02-21-2006, 11:33 AM
He's a great looking dog! He looks like a big boy. I'm so happy for you! :D

kimlovescats
02-21-2006, 12:07 PM
WELCOME HOME TYSON!!! What a wonderful story and happy ending! :D

new mom to a veiled
02-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm so glad you are all home safe and sound!!!!! You, your husband, and your daughter are such EXTRA special people to go through all that to save this handsome little fellow.....I wish you all the luck with the "Boxer energy"!!!! Heres to a happy, healthy life...........

PS Lute, you are a speacial person for taking Tyson out of the bad situation he was in, in the first place. So thank you also........

Vela
02-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Yay I am so happy for you all. What a wonderful outcome for that wonderful special boy and you guys! Can't wait for tons of pics!

Corinna
02-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes we are remebering "boxer energy" the big guys aren't to sure of this new bundle of energy. He thinks the world is his toy.

lute
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM
i love the pics! he looks so happy! :D i just can't thank you enough for adopting Tyson! :D

Corinna
02-21-2006, 01:18 PM
I had to add a cute story that happened on the travel home , Tyson was first in the hotel room and went sliding under a bed came out with a little leather bear. well he found it we let him keep it. Lexi had said he was a toy distroyer . the next day it was nothing but unstuffed fluff in his crate at the rest area we stopped at to potty him.
He is enjoyingthe viarity of toys that merlin had. It's a large wicker laundery basket full. (I didn't realize merlin had so many toys until i was getting them sorted for tyson ) I kept a couple of Merlins faviotie ones to put in the box beingmade for his ashes.

lute
02-21-2006, 01:25 PM
haha! Tyson was probably really proud of his toy shredding. :rolleyes:

Corinna
02-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes he did seem proud but very unhappy when took all the stuff out of his crate and threw it away.